Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two things.

1) I believe pookie works at SKW????

2) Any chance he wrote this just to get a rise out of everybody????

1. Doesn't matter where he works.

2. I doubt it..... many union/ALPA diehards feel the same way.... However if you ask a question, be prepared for an honest answer..... I don't think lieing is a prerequisite for the jumpseat....

He answered a question honestly..... are we supposed to lie to get on the jumpseat? If asked about my opinion, I will answer it honestly.... does that exempt me from the jumpseat.... be carefull about your answer....

From what was said and w/o the FO's side of the story...I think the FO had zero social situational awareness...

After speaking to him for 15 minutes about how we need to unify all pilot groups as a collective whole, I realized that he did not care.

If you want a ride then just say... you've got some points on unions btw.... How about those Colo. Rockies? Or those Padre uniforms look like custard...

As I said....I would not have denied him... but if you want the j/s and the CA is wearing a 'W' button passionately, you don't tell him Hilary will save the world...

As usual... it takes two... let's not hang one guy

1. Doesn't matter where he works.

2. I doubt it..... many union/ALPA diehards feel the same way.... However if you ask a question, be prepared for an honest answer..... I don't think lieing is a prerequisite for the jumpseat....

Does anyone remember a guaranteed J/S being part of that guarantee of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The only person that is guaranteed the J/S is an FAA inspector--it actually belongs to them. If someone offended me, I would deny him also. It would not make sense to have a hostile environment in the cockpit.

Perhaps Pookie should talk to BP about signing union cards to get into his jumpseat. As I recall, BP got a little time off.

I find it rather sad that someone would treat a fellow employee that way, but I'd be surprised if this even happened. Sounds like a lot of big talk to lick the asses of all the ALPA people on here.

From what was said and w/o the FO's side of the story...I think the FO had zero social situational awareness...

If you want a ride then just say... you've got some points on unions btw.... How about those Colo. Rockies? Or those Padre uniforms look like custard...

As I said....I would not have denied him... but if you want the j/s and the CA is wearing a 'W' button passionately, you don't tell him Hilary will save the world...

As usual... it takes two... let's not hang one guy

Would it have been okay if Pookie had asked the guy what he thought about abortion, global warming, gay rights, or if he was a born again Christian and booted him off if he didn't like his answer? Grow up for crying out loud.

I don't think much of ALPA.... going to deny me the jumpseat?

Yep, I would. Along with Dan Ford, Jesse Ashcraft, and the rest of the known RJDC supporters.

Does anyone remember a guaranteed J/S being part of that guarantee of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The only person that is guaranteed the J/S is an FAA inspector--it actually belongs to them. If someone offended me, I would deny him also. It would not make sense to have a hostile environment in the cockpit.

So I can deny those of you who think ALPA is great and wonderful? So I can deny those mainline pilots who think their scope policies are great... Slippery slope there Speedtape....

I don't think you ALPA true believers want to go down this road..... should we all issue a questionaire to each jumpseater?

If having a different opinion in your cockpit constitutes a "hostile environment", then I have to question your abilities.... I could function fine with you in the cockpit, and I don't agree with much of what you say.....

Yep, I would. Along with Dan Ford, Jesse Ashcraft, and the rest of the known RJDC supporters.

Fine, then I will deny you the jumpseat.... and anyone who thinks like you.... Let's see how long this lasts... Kinda stupid, but that is what jumpseat wars are.....

Latest resources

Back