• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO JS to anti-ALPA types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those of you on the fence regarding ALPA representation...... notice how the ALPA diehards are now advocating using the jumpseat as a weapon..... That is the sign of a weak argument...... Anyone who felt they had a strong argument would realize that the jumpseat is an opportunity to exchange different opionions..... The ALPA fanatics don't want that however....

So I can deny those of you who think ALPA is great and wonderful?

You can do whatever you want to do with your jumpseat, Joe. It is, after all, your jumpseat. We had a couple of Captains at PCL that would deny jumpseats to NWA pilots. I didn't personally agree with their decision, and plenty of pilots thought that ALPA should do something about it to prevent a loss of the JS agreement (although I still don't know what they think we could have done to force a guy to allow a JSer), but I always defended the right of the Captains to approve or deny jumpseaters at their discretion.

Those of you on the fence regarding ALPA representation...... notice how the ALPA diehards are now advocating using the jumpseat as a weapon..... That is the sign of a weak argument...... Anyone who felt they had a strong argument would realize that the jumpseat is an opportunity to exchange different opionions..... The ALPA fanatics don't want that however....

How about the ALPA moderates?

You can do whatever you want to do with your jumpseat, Joe. It is, after all, your jumpseat. We had a couple of Captains at PCL that would deny jumpseats to NWA pilots. I didn't personally agree with their decision, and plenty of pilots thought that ALPA should do something about it to prevent a loss of the JS agreement (although I still don't know what they think we could have done to force a guy to allow a JSer), but I always defended the right of the Captains to approve or deny jumpseaters at their discretion.

So you condone the use of the jumpseat as a weapon? Is it any wonder that ALPA is having difficulty..... shouldn't have to use the threat of the jumpseat...... Pathetic and more proof that ALPA has lost touch......

Perhaps Pookie should talk to BP about signing union cards to get into his jumpseat. As I recall, BP got a little time off.

I find it rather sad that someone would treat a fellow employee that way, but I'd be surprised if this even happened. Sounds like a lot of big talk to lick the asses of all the ALPA people on here.

Brad Pitt got a little time off???

So you condone the use of the jumpseat as a weapon?

No, I support Captain's authority. The jumpseat belongs to the Captain, and it is his to do with as he pleases. Personally, I feel that denying the jumpseat should be reserved for extreme cases, such as SCABs, HoJet pilots, and yes, vocal RJDC supporters.

In the case of non-union pilots, I'm undecided. I never denied a non-union pilot, but I certainly asked them questions about their support for a union, and if they were sitting in the flight deck, then they would be hearing all about the importance of unions for the entire flight. Although I didn't deny them, I don't really fault anyone who does.

So you condone the use of the jumpseat as a weapon?......

Kinda like Pat Benatar? Like that Joe?

There is PIC authority and there is social grace when requesting the jumpseat...

Would it have been okay if Pookie had asked the guy what he thought about abortion, global warming, gay rights, or if he was a born again Christian and booted him off if he didn't like his answer? Grow up for crying out loud.

Pookie can ask whatever he wants to ask on his flightdeck. And if Pookie doesn't like the answers, then Pookie can invite said jumpseat requester to go away. PIC authority. This isn't diplomacy 101 and the Student UN.

In reality should Pookie have been so Pookie? Proabably not...but then again the requester should have had tact. can I come to your house and offend you? Can I stay afterwards?

Joey M. always with the bias hate. You can't be objective.

What is a J/S war? Is it a myth? When was the last J/S war?

Its kinda like the Clone Wars when all the Jedi, er I mean RJDC fighters were killed. There is one last hope, Joey M. He is the rebel Jedi that will destroy the Dark Side that is ALPA. But only before he reconciles with Darth Prater in an all out love fest, with those stupid teddy bears in the woods...

Last edited:

Joe,

Maybe, the J/S er tinkled in the Captain's wheaties. FYI, it pays to be political and practice a little diplomacy every once and a while--especially when one is J/S ing. How bad do you want it--the J/S? Espousing strong positional views only works on Flightinfo. If Jumpseating, in reality, you are placing yourself in a subserviant position and at the mercy of the god like figure in the left seat. Just like a check ride, it's "Yes Sir, No Sir, 3 bags full, Sir!"

Latest resources

Back