Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think my comments are very balanced.

Sorry if you don't agree.

And I am sorry for getting angry, but it just ticks me off that I can make more working at McDonalds.

I think my comments are very balanced.

Sorry if you don't agree.

And I am sorry for getting angry, but it just ticks me off that I can make more working at McDonalds.

I understand what you're saying. When I started my aviation adventure, it was pre 9/11 and my plans were to get on with a regional, and then within a few years be on my way to a lucrative career at some legacy carrier making some serious coin while having a great QOL to go along with it.

Then the ******************** hit the fan, the industry has changed, and I'm left wondering what the hell happened to my game plan. Honestly, not to knock the people who I work with, but if my career ends up remaining at a Regional, I will be disappointed in how it turned out. I work with many great people who are making a career out of ASA for one reason or another, and I can respect that, but it's not what I wanted to do with myself.

As far as fighting for the little people (I think you mean new pilots to the industry) I hope I can leave ASA a better place than I found it....and I don't believe that can be done without a union.

Last edited:
I recently had a new hire FO from SkyWest who requested my jumpseat to SLC. I asked him about his views on the union drive. His response was that unions are basically useless and that SkyWest was doing better than most regionals without unions. After speaking to him for 15 minutes about how we need to unify all pilot groups as a collective whole, I realized that he did not care.

With that said, I just merely denied him his jumpseat on my plane. I will pick and choose who rides up front and if you dont have the decency to better the profession, I dont want you around my cockpit.

I know that the jumpseat should not be used for political purposes but i am frustrated to these new pilots that only think about themselves.

The jumpseat agreement was provided by ALPA and fought by ALPA. If you dont support that, you are no longer allowed in my plane.

And how did this solve your frustration? You HAVE alpo, why are you so frustrated?

dpneedham,

What do you do for a living, please do tell?

701EV

Jumpseat as a weapon. Priceless.

Thank God for home basing.

This comment always cracks me up. Just what do you think that his jumpseat committee can do about it? Give him a stern talking to? Yeah, I'm sure Pookie would be scared. :rolleyes: Jumpseat committees have no authority to tell Captains what to do with their jumpseats.

I'm not talking about Pookie being given a stern talking to. I'm talking about a JS war breaking out if guys like Pookie make denying Skywesters or any of the "blacklisted" pilots for that matter, a habit or practice. Besides, it's stupid and petty to seek out reasons to deny JS to pilots you dislike. I may not like a certain pilot group, but so long as the JS doesn't say or do anything to jeopordize his JS, I assume he is just a regular guy trying to make a living as best he can, perhaps raise a family.

Anyway, I digress.

With that said, I just merely denied him his jumpseat on my plane. I will pick and choose who rides up front and if you dont have the decency to better the profession, I dont want you around my cockpit.

Wow. Bet he really wants to vote ALPA onto the property now.

And when he upgrades someday, and someone from your airline desperately needs his jumpseat to get on the last flight out to see his dying parent or sick kid, I wonder if he'll have a chance?

What an ass. You won't pay the price of starting a jumpseat war. And you won't achieve anything either. But everyone else will suffer. What an utter moron.

(PS . . .and you LECTURED him for 15 minutes then dumped him? Thank god I don't have to fly with you. Your FO's must hate your guts with that kind of god complex)

Latest resources

Back