• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NO JS to anti-ALPA types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA saved the jumpseat after 9/11....thanks for the nice laugh.

Laugh it up, but them's the facts. Were it not for Captain Woerth and ALPA, you wouldn't have your jumpseat access today.

And then that pissed jumpseater returns to the terminal and finds the first "airport official" he can and says, "something is wrong with that captian, he may be drunk or on something." When that person asks why you honestly tell them the captain was acting illogically (about the JS request) and only a drunk/high pilot MIGHT act like that. Then you walk away while all hell breaks loose. Be careful out there.

You might wanna rethink that position, the legal ramifications are huge, lets start with if you pass that info to the police and it turns out to be untrue, depending on your intent could be construed as "false information to a peace officer", which in California is a misdemeanor. Followed by a whole basket of civil actions, only your attorney will be able to enlighten you, as to the ramifications. I am sure JA and the SKYW legal beagles will rush to your defense on this one though! You might be the one who wants to "be careful out there"! post your picture here, I wanna see your big red nose and bigger red floppy shoes!
PBR
P.S. your JS request will be sitting at the gate or in the Capt's hands. You will be very easy to find.

Last edited:
ALPA and Woerth saved the jumpseat that day.....

The TSA questioned whether jumpseating was going to affect cockpit security. While I know Woerth objected to any plan that didn't include jumpseating, and I am positive he lobbied for the jumpseat, to say that he SAVED it is a little bit of an overreach. If the TSA didn't want to allow jumpseaters, there wouldn't be jumpseaters....period.

Now, if ALPA had gone to the mat for the jumpseat, like telling the members to not return to work post 9/11 because of the TSA's unwillingness to work with the pilots of this country and had it actually happened that way with a TSA reversal after the fact, then you could say with certainty that ALPA saved the jumpseat.

A350

A350, you can deny it all you want, but the facts are simple. The government fully intended to eliminate jumpseats. Period. Duane raised holy hell and fought like mad to make sure that it didn't happen. That's just reality.

ALPA and Woerth saved the jumpseat that day.....

The TSA questioned whether jumpseating was going to affect cockpit security. While I know Woerth objected to any plan that didn't include jumpseating, and I am positive he lobbied for the jumpseat, to say that he SAVED it is a little bit of an overreach. If the TSA didn't want to allow jumpseaters, there wouldn't be jumpseaters....period.

Now, if ALPA had gone to the mat for the jumpseat, like telling the members to not return to work post 9/11 because of the TSA's unwillingness to work with the pilots of this country and had it actually happened that way with a TSA reversal after the fact, then you could say with certainty that ALPA saved the jumpseat.

A350

Tell us about the all induatry conference call hours oafter 9/11. Who particapted? I can assure the SKYW pilots weren't represented...

Jumpseat war? Management getting tired of the complaining? Management might shut it down? Yeah right..... and those with representation will be much more effective in keeping..getting it back...

You need to do some research. Many pilot contracts include language for access to the jumpseat and Captain's authority over it.

You got me there. We all know that once it's in the contract, you can take it to the bank. Whatever...

You got me there. We all know that once it's in the contract, you can take it to the bank. Whatever...

I've used the grievance process and made some bank. Days off too....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I've used the grievance process and made some bank. Days off too....

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Same here. Used it to get dollars, days off, and a ridiculous disciplinary letter removed. The greivance process works.

Latest resources

Back