• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Given the number of threads in this forum, and others, that have been completely derailed by NJ discussions, this is rich.

I'm a Flexjet guy. I don't have a dog in NJs fight, but there are quite a few pilots I walked in circles with for 89 days who do. I'd like to see them in the best situation possible, hence the mini rant.:beer:

Sorry, but your demeanor comes across as very condescending...

"""Well we're glad you guys are coming back. Just don't let let the return to NJA be so joyous that you sell all of us short. I know being furloughed sucks, but don't forget it's a road many of us have been down long before you....and in a market that was much worse for pilots than now. So please, PLEASE keep a strong backbone these upcoming years in our fight.""""

Then you go on to labeling myself and whoever is returning as young guys who complain about our careers etc.... Our generation yada yada yada....

You can be happy to know I am not returning to sell you short.... I did find a job almost immediately after furlough, and made that job into a better job with pay and benefits superior to your company... So you may think of it as a complaint I guess...

It just irks me to no end when guys like you place labels and have such condescending attitudes.....Hopefully, many return just to bide some time until something better comes along, or to get current.

Just for the record my first airline was before 9/11... I may not be as old and wrinkly as you but I've been around the block enough to know when I smell BS....

Those little orange sites with all the job postings..... Ain't worth the bandwidth they take up.....

I don't use the orange site, its got way too many Chinese and UAE jobs (which BTW are plentiful). Back to the meat of this....No condescending attitude here at all. None. Just tired of seeing the same people constantly being pissed at the whole damned world for their unfortunate luck. Furloughs have been a part of professional aviation since the beginning, long before them, me , or anyone on this board. Its just a bad thing that happens, and you either let your balls drop lower and press on until lady luck eventually smiles again, or you can just be mad at everyone else. THAT is what I am tired of. I simply welcomed them back, said we're glad to see them again, and please don't let fear of threats to furlough again (a game that is often played in aviation) influence a bad decision on a vote that affects all 3000 of us.
If that hurts tender little feelings, too bad. Hell, I lost medical a year ago, and have been working 2 nonflying jobs to keep afloat. I'll probably get it back soon, but I didn't sit around blaming the people without medical problems for my bad luck. So if you think I'm picking on anyone, any of you, too bad so sad. I'm not that kind of guy. REALLY. I have all the compassion in the world for those who will keep their head up and try. But I have no pity for people who CONSTANTLY whine and pout, and play as if they are the sole victim of something that has happened to at least 60% of the people on FI. When I showed up at Westair for class (for the Brasilia if I remember right) and it was DOA, did I cry and blame everyone else? No. I got back in my car, drove back to PHX and asked for my old job back. It was already filled. Did I blame the new line guy? No. I loaded up resumes and drove across the whole F-ing country until I finally got a job in Dickson TN. And it sucked. The owner was a crook, I lived at the airport, literally, for 3 months because he paid to little to get an apartment until I could move into a sh1thole that went for $275 a month...with utils and furnished so you get the idea of the luxury. I did my time, then moved on to the next job, and the next. Whatever I had to do, I did. But you never heard me blaming everyone else for it. Never. Things got better with time. They will for all of you too, but what happens in the meantime is NEVER the fault of another person because they have a job and you don't.
Besides my own experience, I know enough of the 495, a number of whom I helped get hired, to know that it IS possible to keep going. Out of the 14 one of them, 12 scored flying jobs. So you can come back, bust your hump and stand strong for a better tomorrow, or you can blow it. That's all there was to the original reply. If you are so overly sensitive that it hurts your little feelings, that's your problem. You can be man and keep trying, or just throw dirt at others to make yourself feel better. Nobody gets a free ride in life.
That's all there was to it in the original post. If you have the self pity glasses on to the point that you can not even get through that simple original post, I don't know what else I can say. I am not against you, never have been. My contributions the furloughee funds, regular and holiday...ALL OF THEM, puts my money where my mouth is. I simply want you to make sure this job is worth returning to, and do your part to keep it that way.

Last edited:
Bugger off

class of 19 on Sept 28th, 60 first time recalls sent out. this reaches march 08 newhires

Funny I started this thread while flying with one my best friends at JUS, a furloughed NJ pilot, who came back to JUS after being let go in the fall of 09. We meet a NJ crew at FRG in Jan 13 at the FBO we discussed recall possibilities with the NJ crew. Rich took his last DA-20 flight Thursday night. It was the end of an era. 20 years of JUS, with an 18 month break at NJ. He was a connection to a time when this was a better place, he will be missed. Going to work will not be a much fun. The thread has come full circle.

acaterry, most economists agree that the economy we were laid off in was the worst since the great depression. Most have gone through a furlough before, but none had a tougher time finding a job, much less a flying job. That's not what some whiny 495'er is saying, that's what economists said.

Every furloughed guy on here has asked the current group to raise the bar, even if that meant extending our furlough. If I were you, I would be more worried about the guys flying extended days selling you out than the guys coming off furlough.

Latest resources

Back