• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has the union EVER contacted ALL of the 495 and asked, "All else being equal, would you accept recall to NJA if offered?"

I'd be shocked if the number hit triple digits. Might prove to be an interesting bit of information for the NC to have in their pocket come May.

Has the union EVER contacted ALL of the 495 and asked, "All else being equal, would you accept recall to NJA if offered?"

I'd be shocked if the number hit triple digits. Might prove to be an interesting bit of information for the NC to have in their pocket come May.
I know 4 at USA Jet that would accept recall on a minute's notice.

Seems this type of information would be more useful to the company (understanding staffing levels and future needs etc...)

If anyone was interested in this particular metric, it would be someone from that side of the fence.

Informally, I can say all 6 of my friends I wrote letters of Rec for who were hired then eventually furloughed have found good places to hang their headsets.

Two of them will never return but the other four said their decision would hinge on what is agreed upon in the next contract fwiw....

I know 4 at USA Jet that would accept recall on a minute's notice.

Given the current state of affairs at NJ, that says something about your little operation Yip....

And it ain't good.

Given the current state of affairs at NJ, that says something about your little operation Yip....

And it ain't good.
Ain't my operation I am only a messenger, and your not telling me anything I am not aware of. But NJ likes our guys and has hired over guys 30 from us over the years. The comment was a counter to all the posts of "Why would anyone want to come back to NJ?" My post was to name a few guys that think NJ is a great job.

I think it is safe to say that what NetJets was and has now become are vastly different. It wouldn't take long to see the changes upon returning.

I'd go back. I don't know how long I would stay though. I don't trust the union or the company and I'm pissed at both. I'd probably get recalled when I was at the top of the payscale with no upgrade in sight.

It still beats what I'm doing now, but I'd probably let NJA pay for another type, get current and run.

Unless there's some movement and I'd see an upgrade before my 60th birthday. Not likely for someone my age and seniority.

I'd go back. I don't know how long I would stay though. I don't trust the union or the company and I'm pissed at both. I'd probably get recalled when I was at the top of the payscale with no upgrade in sight.

It still beats what I'm doing now, but I'd probably let NJA pay for another type, get current and run.

Unless there's some movement and I'd see an upgrade before my 60th birthday. Not likely for someone my age and seniority.

If the airlines hire a lot, you will be recalled I hope.

Would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. I think most of us expect our recall rights and or longevity to be sold down the river. Several of us have posted that concern on our kiddie corner of the NJASAP message board and at the present time we have one, yep, one officer who takes the time to engage us. It's an unenviable position he's put himself in as he catches a lot of flak, yet continues to do his best to keep us in the loop.

The rest of the officers are nowhere to be seen. One of the new officers hired many of us, but again, nowhere to be seen. The newly elected president does not return our emails. It is steamingly obvious we are peons to the union. The company already acknowledged that fact by even refusing to let CPs write letters on our behalf at the time of the furlough. At least one furloughed pilot missed a job because the prospective employer required a letter from his previous supervisor.

I will throw them a bone in that they continued to keep us on the email distro list for company updates until the crew website came online. Of course when it comes time to retrieve a password you have to go through labor relations to do it.. They also emailed all of us when they were contacted about a position witha Columbus area company who asked them to send it to the furloughed pilots. That was appreciated.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the company doesn't want us back. We're expensive when compared to a newhire. We're also pissed. Things could have been done to keep that from happening, and it isn't too late, but it requires effort neither side appears willing to make. The union is going to protect pilots currently on the property. If that means sacrificing us, they'll do it.

Opec,

Are you now, or willing to go (back) into 121? Preferably not a regional. If you can live in base at a 121, you will have a superior quality of life.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back