• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because NJA has a pretty good pilots union, as unions go. To my surprise, by the way. Oops, I am kinda answering for Yip, sorry.
Are you saying all unions are not perfect? That is kind of against FI Policy Agreemeent III (a) 14 "Unions can do no wrong and management can do no right"

Are you saying all unions are not perfect? That is kind of against FI Policy Agreemeent III (a) 14 "Unions can do no wrong and management can do no right"

They are all not perfect because they do not impose the same stringent leadership and professional requirements as the military does, i.e. making all commissioned officer grade, leadership positions have a college degree, as of late.

Here's a tip for you - treat your fellow returning furloughees with the same respect you would anyone else. drop the internet tough guy routine and work on solidarity, because this whole trying to school them business isn't doing it. We're tired of it, we really are. And that's not whining - that's just calling a spade a spade. I'm already back, by the way. I can tell you that every active pilot I've spoken with in person has been much more welcoming than you have.

I gave you an olive branch and you sh1t on it. You still sound like you need to thicken your skin. I said it before and I'll say it again: read the surface of the original post I put and not between the lines. When you see a "No dogs allowed" sign, do you go out and buy a dog so you can go argue with the property owner? Come on man, I tried, but you just want to keep being a victim. You need to stop looking for opportunities where you can perceive yourself to be picked on.
What I said in the original post was the equivalent of someone telling a new driver "be careful" as they leave. Does the new driver turn around and start an argument? "You said I was a bad driver! You said I'm going to cause a car accident!" No, no, no. This is where you need to step back and just chill out. It was your very own flying off the handle from my post that led to this. I even took the high road and tried to make peace with you but you obviously don't want it.
I have a particular interest in the furloughees because I helped more than a handful get hired and feel really bad about the carpet being pulled from under your legs. So I'm not the heartless guy you have convinced yourself of.
I'm glad you're back. I really am. Look for me out there on the road (I'm pretty sure you know who I am). This is stuff we should handle man to man, over a couple beers (or name your choice, on me) not some internet board where tone can't be relayed, and days pass between posts. Seriously, you are just too sensitive. I've been in this game longer than you. I learned some hard lessons and simply was telling you to hang tight and not fall for anything. That was it. End of story. Period. Anything that further upsets you is your own doing and I can't be held responsible for that.
WELCOME BACK. Be safe. Be strong.

It's okay T. I'm just surprised imadicdog can fit through the cabin door with the size of that chip on his shoulder.

To the rest of the brave souls that have returned to our little traveling minstrel show: WELCOME BACK!

It's okay T. I'm just surprised imadicdog can fit through the cabin door with the size of that chip on his shoulder.

To the rest of the brave souls that have returned to our little traveling minstrel show: WELCOME BACK!

What he said, with cherries on top. It is really terrific to welcome people back after such a long time. Now, maybe if the US cuts the corporate tax rate and enacts the Fair Tax and reduces regulations and eliminates the EPA...

You know, I have been pleasantly surprised by the behavior of ASAP overall. The informational picketing is kinda embarrassing, but the whole ASAP package is much better than the Teamsters, for instance. I am tentatively concluding the following: in house unions are probably always better than outside unions, by a wide margin.

Just trying to keep a guy from inserting his foot in his mouth....

Can see it already... On the road, non furloughee starts spouting about how miserable the last 4 years have been.. Meanwhile the furloughee lost his house, wife, credit, savings or any combination and just blinks in amazement at the apparent brain dead guy next to him...:D

I just saw this excellent post. Bravo! Perspective is key.

Latest resources

Back