• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In other news, American is said to be reopening first year pay to attract the "right" applicants. I guess 53 year old guys with a DUI and a bunch of busted check rides weren't in their plans.

I had a taste of the Kool-Aid for a little while as you have in the past. All I can say is I understand some of the aggravation that comes from the top. We experience it too. I still don't agree with pilots taking it out on fellow employees and don't care for accusations that go along with it. I think some of the things that happen by a select few actually hurts their cause, but I'm not in their shoes to say it's working for them or not.

SG

Drinking the kool-aid? Not at all. I'm very pragmatic when it comes to the business world. It's been very clear for a long time that neither management nor the union is perfect. Both sides have good and bad people in them, both sides make good and bad decisions. Just like in the political arena, you never want to vote simply on party lines. You are much better off educating yourself on the issues and voting accordingly.

I originally started posting on this board to defend RTS, who I felt was being treated unfairly by many on this board back in 2004-2005 during the previous contract negotiations. RTS had his flaws, most notably being too loyal, and not making NJ as efficient as it could be, but he did genuinely care about the company and the employees. The fact that many on this board now wish he would return is ironic to me given how he was treated.

Fast forward to the current situation where we now have to deal with Jordan and his cronies. Jordan doesn't care about the company or the employees, as proven time and time again by his decisions. He only cares about showing gains to WB so that he can puff up his resume before moving on to somewhere else. The fact that the gains are short term in nature matters not, nor does the impact to the long term employees. His systematic destruction of everything NetJets was built on and stood for makes it an easy decision for me in terms of whom to support.

I agree with your points about some pilots taking their frustrations out on their fellow employees. It's not right and it only serves to undermine their fight. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and they will see that their fellow employees want regime change as much as they do.

What's it gonna take for people to realize major airline pay is coming to Netjets?

Hard way or the easy way.

When Netjets pilots realize they work in a much more difficult work environment that takes exceptional skill and judgment to achieve on a daily basis.

Nothing against the 121 world, but the Fractional operation is much more fluid and demanding on a day-to-day basis.

Netjets pilots should be working for a contract that has the airline pilots from the Majors saying, "We want NJA +1%" and their own pilots saying, "No way could we ever get that kind of contract!"

Latest resources

Back