• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It doesn't matter to him. He has already lived his dream, landing on boats and doing "neat" things with a wife who supported him throughout...:0

He is the archetype of the big fish in a small pond...afraid to go for a swim in a bigger ocean or worse...if he can't have it, no one should.
Your funny, you know I have played in all the big Oceans' N Atlantic, N & S Pacific, Indian. Even awarded the title of "Trusty Shell-back".

NJ is a good job, I turned it down because I could not take the pay cut, pay not that good in 1999. If I worked there now my biggest worry would be somebody screwing up a really good deal of a job. May you boat never sink in your bigger ocean.

Last edited:
Lemme ask ya this YIP... What is your constant concern with NJA and it's Union... Or any good company and it's Union?

Seems to me if ya were so happy and content at your non-Union night freight gig you wouldn't give a crap about the fractional

Hey YIP,

Have ya ever noticed that pretty much ALL the companies considered to be the elite jobs (DL, UPS, FDX, NJA, SWA etc) are Union jobs... Gee wonder why that is.....
Take a look at the benefits where you are, and then take a look at the benefits of pilots at NJA, Delta, SWA etc... Who do you think has a better life at work?

This board is very pro-union. I don't think that I am that rabidly anti-union, but more middle of the road, some places need a union. The rabid union supporters stand on a platform that unions can do no harm. I just happen to not agree with that stance and it is my duty to point out the other side. Unions have the ability to destroy marginal companies.

When an airline gets to a certain size it almost needs a union in order for once voice to represent the pilots as opposed to individual splinter groups with their own agendas.

Pay and union representation as you posted do not necessarily go together. Fedex ALPA, flies 727, great pay, best in the business, Kitty Hawk ALPA, used to fly 727‘s, pay equal to JUS, plus they are out of business.

But immersed in this population, I stand out because I am not 100% pro-union and 100% anti-management. After about my fourth job, my main concern was the viability of my company and anything I could do make them more viable was my primary goal.

There are two sides to every story, both sides need to be told.

I've got a news flash for you... The large majority of professional aviation is Union (atleast the professionals that can earn a good living).. So if this board seems pro Union it's because it represents a majority of the professionals in the business.

There is not an overabundance of Union raticals here.. In fact there seems to be very few.. what we do have is a select few like yourself that turn every thread into a soab box as to why Unions are ruining business.. Which in turn leads us into debates and name calling. Mostly because guys like G4 attempt to completely undermine every other pilot he works with and what they are trying to accomplish. Then again, free country blah blah, so you of course are entitled to your opinion and thread drift.

Take for example this thread about NJA recalls... I'm not going to read the whole thing to verify, but where in "NJA recalls" do we turn from that to Unions are ruining companies in aviation? I'm no Union die hard, but I do believe they are necessary in aviation.. There are just too many ways a pilot can get screwed without one.

Pay and union representation as you posted do not necessarily go together. Fedex ALPA, flies 727, great pay, best in the business, Kitty Hawk ALPA, used to fly 727‘s, pay equal to JUS, plus they are out of business. Again, take a look at the management decisions and business plan. FedEx started by a Yale boy who wrote the model for a class. Professor gave him a poor grade, he kept the theory and eventually applied it. Adapted as necessary and ultimately survived... There are reasons that places like Southern Air furlough every other quarter. Poor planning, poor business decisions and poor execution. It sure ain't the pilots pay.

But immersed in this population, I stand out because I am not 100% pro-union and 100% anti-management. After about my fourth job, my main concern was the viability of my company and anything I could do make them more viable was my primary goal. I'm on my 6th job in 12 years.. After all that I still believe that a companies viability is important. But I'm not about to take it in the rear to make it happen. I view your rational as weak and scared.

There are two sides to every story, both sides need to be told.

Your funny, you know I have played in all the big Oceans' N Atlantic, N & S Pacific, Indian. Even awarded the title of "Trusty Shell-back".

NJ is a good job, I turned it down because I could not take the pay cut, pay not that good in 1999. If I worked there now my biggest worry would be somebody screwing up a really good deal of a job. May you boat never sink in your bigger ocean.

Nice deflection, but I stand by what I posted. You have delusions of grandeur that you can somehow affect how a company is profitable by your behavior. The fact that you insult every pro union pilot by implying that all they want to do is hurt management never crosses your mind? Ever think that they are equally invested in making their job last as long as possible? The difference is that most pro union pilots firmly realize that by themselves they are vulnerable and only by working together in an organized group can they speak truth to management without automatically risking their livelihoods.

As far as you swimming in all great oceans, you know damn well what I meant! Enjoy your senior position, lickspitling your way into the good graces of your management hoping that one day they will recognize your superior talents and make you one of their own. Keep dreaming... they see you coming a mile away and they are laughing at you while using you for their own purposes. Big Fish in a little pond....

The difference is that most pro union pilots firmly realize that by themselves they are vulnerable and only by working together in an organized group can they speak truth to management without automatically risking their livelihoods.
That is not what I read in many of the posts here, I see under paid, over worked and we will shut the place down if we don't get our way. The message that managment needs to be taught a lesson on who really runs the company.

Anyone who does not go rah! rah!, is somehow a lessor human being.

BTW I started this thread based upon running across a NJ crew a Farmingham in January. I was flying with furloughed NJ pilot and we started talking about possible NJ recalls, The NJ crew said they had heard maybe this year. My NJ buddy who is not a FI member asked me to pose the question on a public site. A lot of good info came from that post. However thread drift has completely moved this tread from it original intent. Typical FI stuff, people with smaller minds who can not stand anyone who does not agree with them resort to personal attacks. Problably because somewherein the bottom of thier minds dwells this fear, OMG I might end up like yip and the other NJ piltos working with him some day.

That is not what I read in many of the posts here, I see under paid, over worked and we will shut the place down if we don't get our way. The message that managment needs to be taught a lesson on who really runs the company.

Anyone who does not go rah! rah!, is somehow a lessor human being.

BTW I started this thread based upon running across a NJ crew a Farmingham in January. I was flying with furloughed NJ pilot and we started talking about possible NJ recalls, The NJ crew said they had heard maybe this year. My NJ buddy who is not a FI member asked me to pose the question on a public site. A lot of good info came from that post. However thread drift has completely moved this tread from it original intent. Typical FI stuff, people with smaller minds who can not stand anyone who does not agree with them resort to personal attacks. Problably because somewherein the bottom of thier minds dwells this fear, OMG I might end up like yip and the other NJ piltos working with him some day.

They think we are not union fans because we don't care about our fellow pilots. Pathetic. because they think this, the personal attacks make sense to them. We are mean, evil people who deserve ad hominem attacks. The Left has been doing this for more than a century. Might as well get used to it, or get off this otherwise marvelous board. By the way, the reason there are so few anti union pilots here is the way we are treated when we post our opinions. I have had a LOTof colleagues express amazement that I subject myself to this crap. Colleagues who agree with me.

They think we are not union fans because we don't care about our fellow pilots. Pathetic. because they think this, the personal attacks make sense to them. We are mean, evil people who deserve ad hominem attacks. The Left has been doing this for more than a century. Might as well get used to it, or get off this otherwise marvelous board. By the way, the reason there are so few anti union pilots here is the way we are treated when we post our opinions. I have had a LOTof colleagues express amazement that I subject myself to this crap. Colleagues who agree with me.

Actually, I've been enjoying the wave of rather civil discussions that have been flowing through most of the threads as of late.

There have been disagreements, but lately none have stooped to the typical "third-grade playground" behavior we've come to expect on FI....

Latest resources

Back