• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was being curious and poked around the NJA FEB seniority list. Got to wondering if Luthi still flew there for obvious reasons. Not only is he still there, he's on the 18 day......

It's nice to know that even the former head of the Union, who stated the Unions job isn't done until every furloughed pilot has a chance to return, opted for the 18 day.....

We all know it really won't matter (according to the Union's past rhetoric, and now most certainly considering the amount of time that has passed) but it still is somewhat interesting none the less.....

Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

BTW, I will NEVER bid the 18 day.

Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

BTW, I will NEVER bid the 18 day.

My stance on the 18 day was that there are those that really need it... The typical SIC's with families to feed. PIC's with circumstances where $150K isn't enough etc etc....

But for some reason I think Luthi's position allowed a certain level of "enhancements" to his monthly take home while Pres....And we all know DAY is not a very expensive place to live.

Either way, yes it speaks volumes. And glad I'm no longer part of that mess.

If you go into training you go onto the 18 day schedule ... I wonder if he had to requal?
That's what I'm wondering. Since he wouldn't have had a 7/7 line until the next bid period he'd have been on it even without going to school.

I would bet he has a target the size of Detroit on his back.

BTW. Anyone ever email the new president? Anyone get a response?

Thats true ... and the sched bid closes soon but you can't bump anyone off their 7&7 line... It may be he stays on 18 until the flush bid

Personally, I think that schedule is bad for your health... I lost 42 lbs since I got off that schedule ... I will live longer and maybe work a couple years longer and make up the cash I am giving up.

Last edited:
The 18 is definitely not the schedule for decent QOL.

You know they want ALL the FA's on the 18 day in the next contract, right? I wouldn't be shocked if that is in the pilot contract opener as well, or at least a huge increase in the REQUIRED participation rate on the 18 day with junior-manning as necessary. Just another in the list of deal-breaker points for me come voting time.

You know they want ALL the FA's on the 18 day in the next contract, right? I wouldn't be shocked if that is in the pilot contract opener as well, or at least a huge increase in the REQUIRED participation rate on the 18 day with junior-manning as necessary. Just another in the list of deal-breaker points for me come voting time.

18 OK ... Just as long as we get one vacation per month .... :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back