• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Okay, if you want to go regionals, that's fine. Industry standard among regionals is to stay on YOS, and that ain't going to change anytime soon bud.

I'm not trying to be a a$$ but after 15 pages of crap I still don't have my old job back. I don't guess I will anytime soon or ever but I am close to the top of the list so... What is being done to look after the bottom of the list down the road if and when the next downturn happens. Why would anyone ever even think about coming back when I could have 5 years under me at united and a good pad of guys so I don't get put out in the cold again. Or I could sit at the bottom of the Nja list forever. I know how this place works and how it's a given with a furlough in this job. The game has changed at Nja and everyone needs to think about that.

Okay, if you want to go regionals, that's fine. Industry standard among regionals is to stay on YOS, and that ain't going to change anytime soon bud.

Clearly, you have a reading comprehension problem.

I said there are those that believe our industry equivalent is a regional airline. I DON'T AGREE with that assessment.

I also said, twice now, that it WON'T change.

English must not be your first language.

Actually I'm quite proficient at English. By examining the pay scale standards at other large carriers (written in English, by the way), it is easy to see that keeping YOS is the standard when upgrading. You're welcome to disagree, but you're the extreme minority who wishes lower wages for your fellow employees. Kinda sad really.

Last edited:
Back on topic.....

Just back from recurrent -- looks like the recall window has been pushed back to 2017..... :(

I think there was a post from me a few months ago (bashing management) that said this same thing keeps happening. Every year they have pushed back expected recall.....

Based purely on attrition lately (roughly 3 pilots a month) I could comfortably assume that recall would be April 2018 for my hire date.. That takes in NO adjustments for perceived over staffing, loss of more a/c or any other change. Just pure attrition (which is the only way I ever see a recall happening). Roughly 60 pilots have "retired" from NJA in the past 3+ years. And not 1 recall because of it. Safe to assume the "turnaround" is nothing more than a rap song by Flo Rida...

NJA is going to be in serious contention for the longest upgrade times in aviation. It's one thing to be right seat in a 737 for $150K at SWA, working 12 days a month. A whole 'nother thing to be right seat in an Ultra for $80K, on a un-adjustable schedule.

Polish up your resumes SIC's, hit the ground running.

Last edited:
I think there was a post from me a few months ago (bashing management) that said this same thing keeps happening. Every year they have pushed back expected recall.....

Based purely on attrition lately (roughly 3 pilots a month) I could comfortably assume that recall would be April 2018 for my hire date.. That takes in NO adjustments for perceived over staffing, loss of more a/c or any other change. Just pure attrition (which is the only way I ever see a recall happening). Roughly 60 pilots have "retired" from NJA in the past 3+ years. And not 1 recall because of it. Safe to assume the "turnaround" is nothing more than a rap song by Flo Rida...

NJA is going to be in serious contention for the longest upgrade times in aviation. It's one thing to be right seat in a 737 for $150K at SWA, working 12 days a month. A whole 'nother thing to be right seat in an Ultra for $80K, on a un-adjustable schedule.

Polish up your resumes SIC's, hit the ground running.

I simply don't see how it's possible for the EMT to push back recalls. I know it's the date they are advertising on Bridgeway, but the owner movements in the past month are at 2007 levels. I have banged in 3 Fbombs in '13 because its been "bat $hit crazy" around here. That is a personal high fwiw. SIC's like myself are keeping our stuff current. I still have ambitions of putting some of my ACA PIC to good use when the new American begins hiring in masse, but honestly I won't chunk away 7 yrs of seniority without a thorough attempt at attaining an industry leading contract. This place can still be the career vehicle. God knows we are worth it. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
I simply don't see how it's possible for the EMT to push back recalls. I know it's the date they are advertising on Bridgeway, but the owner movements in the past month are at 2007 levels. I have banged in 3 Fbombs in '13 because its been "bat $hit crazy" around here. That is a personal high fwiw. SIC's like myself are keeping our stuff current. I still have ambitions of putting some of my ACA PIC to good use when the new American begins hiring in masse, but honestly I won't chunk away 7 yrs of seniority without a thorough attempt at attaining an industry leading contract. This place can still be the career vehicle. God knows we are worth it. Good luck to all.

Here's how........... http://av-info.faa.gov/detail.asp?DSGN_CODE=DXTA&OPER_FAR=135&OPER_NAME=NETJETS+AVIATION+INC

The X's have been slowly dwindling.... The fact that they have had roughly 60 leave, and not a wif of a small recall tells alot about not only the needed staffing level, but the future staffing.

Here's how........... http://av-info.faa.gov/detail.asp?DSGN_CODE=DXTA&OPER_FAR=135&OPER_NAME=NETJETS+AVIATION+INC

The X's have been slowly dwindling.... The fact that they have had roughly 60 leave, and not a wif of a small recall tells alot about not only the needed staffing level, but the future staffing.

Well aware of the current state of the fleet, but NJA staffs according to demand. Current staffing is becoming inadequate for what we are now seeing in terms of aircraft revenue movements. Throw in the upcoming training bubble and again I can't rationally see how they will be able to push recalls into '17. An astute observer could conclude that these talking points from CMH might be tied to posturing for section 6.

Latest resources

Back