• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I worked my ass off to get my "cush" G steady employment mac n cheese. Just like many others in this industry. It wasn't luck.

HOW is it "bagging" on people to ask a legitimate question of why a furloughed guy why they would want to return to a less-than-ideal situation when other opportunities ARE out there? They answered that they had a tough time finding something decent given their situation and that returning was the best thing for THEM. Fair enough. It doesn't mean I'm bagging on them. It means I'm asking a QUESTION.

I asked ANOTHER question that only ONE person answered but you choose to deflect from that. Over. And over. And over again.

But I WILL bag on you. I'm GLAD you're not around our little travelling minstrel show. Corrosive people like you are one of the reasons WHY morale is in the toilet these days.

Happy trails.

I didn't see it as "bagging" (whatever that means). His perspective was that many of the folks in his circle did OK with the furlough. Surely that was due to the fleet he's in.

The reality is that most guys have done very badly during this time. The company has zero communication with us, and union seems interested in only separating from active guys and not getting sued. I've lost a lot of respect for the company and the union but not my fellow pilots, active or furloughed. I've been told to expect recalls some time this fall and I've been told it will be years. Best I can do is keep flying, stay current and hope the mail man drops off good news soon. Hopefully I will find something better but it's not looking good.

I'm not interested in answering your question about some supposed workaround because as far as I'm concerned, the company has honored those resignation letters and that's the end of it. I'm not the one who brought it up and I don't care, so no, I'm not deflecting anything. The issue I have is with you who doesn't seem to understand how out of touch with reality one can be when they question why folks would want to come back to NetJets. Speaking of deflecting though, you haven't answered my question as to if you feel it's so bad there right now, why haven't you left? Why is attrition at 1.5%? That's not Internet Asperger's, that's a direct question that you actively deflected.

Last edited:
gut,
I will go back....
i have 4-5K TT and I was an IP/check airman for a few years. 1500 TPIC with a few small/mid sized types.

I WORKED and WAS FURLOUGHED from NJA after nothing but great service for 3+ years not a ding on my file to be found.

I lost count of the amount of apps I sent out

I lost count of the amount of times I never even got a TBNT

I can tell you that when I had friends on the inside that the ONE thing that stopped me from a new job each time was that I worked at NJA.

For the most part I would guess that 300-400 of us have found jobs. They suck! They pay the bills and that is it. 45 to 60K I bet.

the thing that keeps us back "You worked for NJA"

So yes, 80-100K with some extras for a guy like me is a dream!!!
I will take a fight and some unhappy people to be around, cus guess what? I have that now and I make half what I would at NJA.

How could any furlough go back to NetJerks and sit next to some dilRod that profited off their misfortune? Do any furloughed pilots have any respect for NJASAP after the snub job we all got?

I resigned and am beyond happy to be done with that recall pipe dream. Best of luck to the rest of the Forgotten 495. We were forgotten too, I can't tell you how many crews in FBO's either "forgot" or didn't care guys are on furlough after they talked about how much OT and extended days they were flying. Or the line of "Its not wrong to pick up extra flying with guys on furlough. That's an airline thing, not a NetJets thing." and "You guys never had any business being at NJA in the first place. You were not pre 05.."

What you do is write the resignation letter, show it to your current employer but don't send it to nja.

My company's HR lady came around first day of class and put a form letter (fill-in-blanks for airline, chief pilot name, etc.) in front of us to complete and sign before lunch; to the bewilderment of all of us..as none of us were told anything about this expectation during the interview process. My airline mailed out the letters after we signed them.

As for you gut; I'll answer your repeated question with another question:
--WHY should we not know if forced resignation letters will or will not be honored until they begin recalling?!?! Does that seem fair to you? Why can't they at least give us and the "official" furloughees some sort of access to a union board to address these things?

I'm not interested in answering your question about some supposed workaround because as far as I'm concerned, the company has honored those resignation letters and that's the end of it. I'm not the one who brought it up and I don't care, so no, I'm not deflecting anything. The issue I have is with you who doesn't seem to understand how out of touch with reality one can be when they question why folks would want to come back to NetJets. Speaking of deflecting though, you haven't answered my question as to if you feel it's so bad there right now, why haven't you left? Why is attrition at 1.5%? That's not Internet Asperger's, that's a direct question that you actively deflected.

Yes, I'd say you're afflicted with Internet Asperger's and a host of other disabilities.

If you don't realize there is an enormous difference in career choices and decisions between a furloughed pilot and a 50 year old, sub-500 seniority number PIC, then you're an even bigger imbecile than I first imagined.

Last edited:
My company's HR lady came around first day of class and put a form letter (fill-in-blanks for airline, chief pilot name, etc.) in front of us to complete and sign before lunch; to the bewilderment of all of us..as none of us were told anything about this expectation during the interview process. My airline mailed out the letters after we signed them.

As for you gut; I'll answer your repeated question with another question:
--WHY should we not know if forced resignation letters will or will not be honored until they begin recalling?!?!You should know now. But for whatever reason, the company won't say. My point was, somebody earlier mentioned there might be a "workaround" when recalls start. Nobody will KNOW if the letters are final until then. Some are blaming the union. Some are blaming the company. I say we blame Imac n cheese. Does that seem fair to you? Absolutey not. Why can't they at least give us and the "official" furloughees some sort of access to a union board to address these things? I've said before, in my view the furloughed pilots should have retained some better form of access to the message board. Although for the past 18 months the poo-slinging has far outweighed the valuable information.

Buck, I wish the furloughed guys had more information available to them on all fronts. Helps with the career decision process.

This thread has degenerated into a dumb argument about nothing. It's obvious that any furloughed pilot who would accept a recall to NJA must think that, given their particular circumstances, going back to NJA is their best option. Gut had to have known the answer to that question before he asked it, so why ask? There was also also no need to ask Gut why a Gulfstream PIC at NJA is sticking around. We all know it's a very good gig. As a furloughed pilot, who would accept recall, I'd be far more interested in knowing whether the EMT is really considering a recall and what the likelihood of that happening is. That's what the thread is supposed to be about.

Yes, I'd say you're afflicted with Internet Asperger's and a host of other disabilities.

If you don't realize there is an enormous difference in career choices and decisions between a furloughed pilot and a 50 year old, sub-500 seniority number PIC, then you're an even bigger imbecile than I first imagined.

How is that any different from going to any other gig? You start at the bottom and work your way up the list no matter where you go. And as you alluded to, NJA is actually a pretty good gig. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Latest resources

Back