• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Recalls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I get that some are still un or underemployed and it's the best option available for them.

Some? From the furloughed guys I keep in touch with, I only know of 1 that has a better job than NJA. A few guys that went 121 may or may not come back, depending how much longer the furlough is and where they stand on their current seniority list. I know too many that are out of aviation all together, and not by their choosing. Everyone of them plans on coming back. Everyone that I know that went to another charter company plans on coming back too.

I know the job isn't the same as when we left in 2010, but I think many of you guys don't realize how tough it's been the last 3 years to find a good flying job. Keep in mind, many of the 495 were guys that were hired when NJA was THE place to be, so it's not like we're a bunch of low timers that don't interview well.

So on a thread called "NJA Recall"....

Someone just arbitrarily writes something very very vague about November.. Other active guys make some comments, and in reality nothing has changed whatsoever... Awesome, you guys are really in the know!!:D

Yes!!!

I'm someone!!!!

Finally.

many of these guys had to settle for working at a real sh*thole operation to keep a roof over their head and NJA -even in its present state- is still a better alternative. I know a few who are in this situation.
For the four exNJ guys flying rubber dogsh!t out of YIP in the middle of the night a return to NJ will be like a trip paradise. It is still one of the best jobs out there.

It's a serious question. Why bag on those who would like to return, when you are happy enough to not leave? Or is the exposure of your double-standard enough for you to not want to answer?

How the hell am I "bagging" on the furloughed guys? I was asking a question of the guys that are apparently pissed at the union for the "resignation letter" issue. A question which STILL nobody has answered.

How do you KNOW your "resignation letter" is FINAL until a recall starts?

For those that had to write one for their current job that want to return when recalls begin, I hope there is a workaround that is possible. I also understand that some want to return because it's the best option for them. I'm not "bagging" on them by pointing out the reality of poor morale, out of control union politics, a protracted contract fight, and a decade long wait for upgrade. Those are the FACTS.

Because the union saw fit to exclude the furloughed pilots from the board (a decision that I DISAGREE with AND predates my membership in the union) I don't think a lot of the furloughed guys realize just how real the issues I mentioned are.

Some? From the furloughed guys I keep in touch with, I only know of 1 that has a better job than NJA. A few guys that went 121 may or may not come back, depending how much longer the furlough is and where they stand on their current seniority list. I know too many that are out of aviation all together, and not by their choosing. Everyone of them plans on coming back. Everyone that I know that went to another charter company plans on coming back too.

I know the job isn't the same as when we left in 2010, but I think many of you guys don't realize how tough it's been the last 3 years to find a good flying job. Keep in mind, many of the 495 were guys that were hired when NJA was THE place to be, so it's not like we're a bunch of low timers that don't interview well.

Maybe this is the source of the "disconnect."

More than 40 pilots in my fleet were furloughed and most of the guys I know have not only found flying jobs, several of them are really good jobs and few intend to return.

In the last year, half a dozen active pilots in my fleet have left for other jobs including a couple of VERY senior guys.

Sorry to hear that the job prospects for pilots from the other fleets have been so dismal. As I pointed out earlier, if a recall occurs it means good things all around: a return to the job for those that want or need to come back and diminished leverage for the company during the Section 6 negotiations.

Gut, if by your fleet you mean a Gulfstream, then yes those jobs have been easier to come by. And most Gulfstream operators, especially Fortune 500 companies, are typically pretty good outfits.

Not the same can be said for a lot of 135 operators with a couple Beechjets or Excels etc... Some may be decent jobs, but not many are career jobs...

As far as the resignation thing.... Almost faster than one can say "furlough" any access to NJASAP was discontinued. And resignees were taken off of the seniority list. And NJASAP communication immediately stopped. No pamphlets, emails..nothing...

I resigned knowing I didn't want to return as I am one of the few that found a better job than NJa for the most part. But I do still keep tabs on NJA and feel those that do wish to return ( especially those that resigned) have faced some push back from their own union regarding a lot of what many airlines would consider " standard practice"... ( MSG brds, resignation letter, attitude towards us from former NJASAP leadership)....or is Timko and Rimon still in leadership?

Gut, if by your fleet you mean a Gulfstream, then yes those jobs have been easier to come by. And most Gulfstream operators, especially Fortune 500 companies, are typically pretty good outfits.

Not the same can be said for a lot of 135 operators with a couple Beechjets or Excels etc... Some may be decent jobs, but not many are career jobs...

As far as the resignation thing.... Almost faster than one can say "furlough" any access to NJASAP was discontinued. And resignees were taken off of the seniority list. And NJASAP communication immediately stopped. No pamphlets, emails..nothing...

I resigned knowing I didn't want to return as I am one of the few that found a better job than NJa for the most part. But I do still keep tabs on NJA and feel those that do wish to return ( especially those that resigned) have faced some push back from their own union regarding a lot of what many airlines would consider " standard practice"... ( MSG brds, resignation letter, attitude towards us from former NJASAP leadership)....or is Timko and Rimon still in leadership?

Glad you found a better job. There are a few put there. Admittedly, a Gulfstream rating and some international experience open a few more doors.

I was unaware that NJASAP completely pulled the plug on anybody that submitted a letter. To be fair, I don't know if that decision was driven by the company or the union. Regardless, I hope that could change if and when recalls begin. My point is, we won't KNOW until then.

And I've already pointed out that I DISAGREE with the decision to cut off message board access to furloughed pilots. Of course, at the time of the furlough, our fleet didn't have message board access either.

As to your last question.....ah....must be careful here...

NO.

Read your own words again Gut and tell me you aren't bagging on those who wish to come back.

Why on earth would you want to come back? I still don't get why a junior guy (or girl) would come back staring at crappy morale, out of control union politics, a protracted contract fight, and a 10-15 year upgrade when there are lots of jobs starting to open up across the industry.

Serious questions.

Maybe this is the source of the "disconnect."

More than 40 pilots in my fleet were furloughed and most of the guys I know have not only found flying jobs, several of them are really good jobs and few intend to return.

In the last year, half a dozen active pilots in my fleet have left for other jobs including a couple of VERY senior guys.

Sorry to hear that the job prospects for pilots from the other fleets have been so dismal. As I pointed out earlier, if a recall occurs it means good things all around: a return to the job for those that want or need to come back and diminished leverage for the company during the Section 6 negotiations.

Do you think that maybe, just maybe having the G experience had anything to do with your buddies finding decent jobs? You really are out of touch with the industry, Gut. Let's just say that from your cush G steady employment, you have no business questioning why others would want to return.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back