• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KCBM T-38C went down 18 Jan 07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So you actually got worked up and defended yourself from a comment that wasn't actualy made? There's a head-scratcher. Whether it was said somewhere else or not is irrelevant here. Focus.

I'll work on it. Just got carried away. Thanks Daniel-son.

...still with zero missed-approaches?;)

zero missed approaches, yes. but i did have to break rule #2: no go arounds. first tactical approach to an lz here in the stan (where i currently reside) f*cked up the descent and did a nice "show of force" pass over the strip. real impressive. the worst part: had a fed ex md-11 / alaska ang 130 guy standing over my shoulder laughing the whole way. i felt like a total @ss. he told me (jokingly of course) that if i got tired of swa and i needed him to sponsor me at fed ex he would, but it would take another ride!

Wow...I come home WAY DRUNK from a party on a LATE Friday night and posted. Let that be a lesson to the rest of you.

So now maybe I'm the Mel Gibson of FI.com.

But seriously, folks...how did this turn into a "my d!ck is bigger than yours" kinda thread? It's not the first here, and it's certainly not the last. Blame what you want on me, but the argument was in full-swing LONG before Jack Daniels and I sat down to type my diatribe below.

Now that I'm sober, let me qualifiy my half-baked statements...one by one:

Let me be clear: Saying a CRJ pilot has zero SA on what's involved on a UPT Low Level navigation sortie isn't a stretch. Don't get pissed...I'm not saying he has "zero SA in general," as this is not the case. I'm sure he's well-qualified at his job.

I'm not going to talk sh!t about his job, because I have ZERO SA about what it entails. I only as that he do the same. Sarcastic statements like "ejection seats are an automatic 'Get Out of Jail Free Card'" might be entertaining in any other thread, but they have no place while we're talking about two dudes who are lucky to be alive. I don't see how a comment made in such bad taste can be tolerated...

...but then again, I'm the drunken poster in this thread. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..." Guess I need to hold onto my rock.

Freight Dog said

...and we all see how pissed off that made everyone. I have plenty to say on this topic, but it's already been hashed-out in previous posts.

I understand how inflammatory that comment was. It was meant that way. FI.com is just FULL of people who needlessly talk sh!t without actually contributing to the conversation.

If you're not a military pilot (or military aviator), PLEASE contribute to the threads in here. It's not our forum...we know it. But look at my statement: I was saying to get out unless you have "something constructive to contribute."

It seems like everyone read the "GET THE F*CK OUT" part and didn't finish that sentence.

And...before you get upset...think about how YOU'D feel if some young USAF Captain started talking sh!t in your Part 135 thread. Or if he started calling someone out for being a "gear handle monkey" or whatever stupid stereotype that might exist in the civ flying world.

"Get out unless you have something constructive to contribute" should be the friggin MANTRA of FI.com. We all know that most people have the opposite in mind when they waltz into a thread, shoot their mouth off, and get out to watch the ensuing flame war.

That's the really sad thing: This thread has digressed well into uselessness. If I would have known it was going to turn into this poop circus, I wouldn't have started it. Two guys are home tonight thanks to some pyrotechnics and silk, and we're b!tching about who has the longer penis.

Shame on us. Me included.

While not directly, I've gotten PLENTY of your feedback from this post. Take that as a lesson, kiddos: Don't drink and post! :)

Inappropriate on my part. However, if mine were home when I returned from the naming party, I would have been "on the job" instead of drunk posting. Maybe it's all her fault for being out of town, lol. :)

Blue skies, fellas, and God Speed.

When in doubt, bail out!!!

That about covers the flyby.

That about covers the flyby.
The AirBoss saying "I WANT SOME BUTTS!!!" just about put the homosexual nail in the coffin for that scene. Ugh.

haha :)

When in doubt, bail out!!!
Meh...the T-38's seat isn't exactly ACESII technology...if I can land that thing, I'm stayin right where I am!

We're talkin' the best 1960s seat money can buy...good, but some 18 year old dude fresh out of tech school is still packin' your chute (sts!!).

:)

Meh...the T-38's seat isn't exactly ACESII technology...if I can land that thing, I'm stayin right where I am!

We're talkin' the best 1960s seat money can buy...good, but some 18 year old dude fresh out of tech school is still packin' your chute (sts!!).

:)

Good save

How can you mock when you were rocking out to Doug Masters shoting the canyon?!??

Hm...

Well, "shooting the canyon" sounds a LOT more hetero than "I want some butts" if ya know what I'm sayin...

Good scenes in the movie peppered with some homo scenes. I still own a copy, so don't worry. I just hit "SKIP" over the "I want some butts" stuff. :)

Latest resources

Back