• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KCBM T-38C went down 18 Jan 07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, gents,... can we all just lighten up? Yes, two-ship low-level has its risks. And who doesn't have respect for the civilian pilot that has busted his anus to get where he is on, his own nickel.
I've learned a LOT about flying from my military IP's... and I've learned A LOT from the pilots I've flown with that never flew in the military.
So, let's put the ruler away, and stop measuring our penis.
Instead, let's find a convenient place to have a brew together.
Blue skies,
Huggy

Agreed. I've got no problem with anyone here. I just don't like being told that I'm going to go to where the $$$ is.

Nice bunny trail, but any word on the IP and SP?

Huggy,

Take a look at this ruler...would you BELIEVE this? I mean...really...take look at this....

OH...sorry...never mind...excuse the thread creep. Just thought that with both CIVILIAN, MILITARY, and 121 time you might be impressed with this ruler...oh...well...never mind.

Geez guys...we are all just heavy equipment operators...some for the Gov and some for some corps. Thank God the bros onboard are okay...that's all I care about...

Albie out....

Nice bunny trail, but any word on the IP and SP?

Sorry Steeler Fan, I got busy today and never got around to calling my IP buddy from over there to get the details. I am wondering if it may have been NATO guys? But I've been told by the time they get to Columbus those guys aren't nuggets anymore. Either way, I'm glad they made it out ok.

Listen buddy, I never said anyone was picking on anyone. I was just agreeing with the HUGE difference between tactical low level navigation flights and normal civilian low level navigation. The handle is nice to have, but by no means a 'Get out of jail free' card. My problem was with your comment that mil. avaiators will come to the civ. side becuase 'that's where the $$$ is'. I explained my position. You may never understand a sense of service compared dollars and cents, but don't worry, there are enough of us that do that you'll stay safe!

Listen here....this thread was all about how "two dudes made it out safely after a bad situation" until some CRJ pilot with ZERO SA tuned-in with a trite comment about:

"wow...ejection seats...I'd love to have that option." Seriously...that was the point of his comment, even though he chose other words. No denying that.

And all of the sudden, someone rolls-in with "well, keep on b!tching, because I know you're going to cry to the civies when you need to put food on the table. Civ flying is where the money is at." YGBSM.

Brothers: Shut the F*ck Up. If you're not a military pilot, GET THE F*CK OUT OF A MILITARY THREAD UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO CONTRIBUTE.

(Note: "I wish I had that option" is NOT a constructive comment.)

The bottom line is that this thread is about two dudes who made it out after taking a bird at high speed. They lived. Kudos...because similar situations have killed better pilots (KSPS 1992, KCBM 199X, etc...I don't need to cite crap from "Road to Wings").

That is ALL this thread is about. The fact that it has digressed into something different is why I don't post more often on FI.com: LOTs and LOTs of punk-a$$ know-it-alls who enjoy rolling-in on the fight with ZERO SA.

Oh, and posting drunk is really hard when you're trying to type correctly. I welcome feedback on how to post more-effectively while intoxicated.

B!tches.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back