• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

KCBM T-38C went down 18 Jan 07

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guppy I hate to tell you this but at some point your gonna retire, and your wife and kids will want a house, food...etc. So you can either do as many people I know and become a government contractor and hope year to year some SCS doesn't steal your funding, or take a crack at Civy avaition. You don't know, I may have prior service none flying maybe not. I know of very few Mil guys that can just retire and live comfortably, unless your a O7 with at least 25 years. Hey CCDiscoB were things busy for you guys in December and first part of Jan?

Guppy I hate to tell you this but at some point your gonna retire, and your wife and kids will want a house, food...etc. So you can either do as many people I know and become a government contractor and hope year to year some SCS doesn't steal your funding, or take a crack at Civy avaition. You don't know, I may have prior service none flying maybe not. I know of very few Mil guys that can just retire and live comfortably, unless your a O7 with at least 25 years. Hey CCDiscoB were things busy for you guys in December and first part of Jan?

That's great, buddy. I've got no problem whatsoever with civilian aviation. It's great, but it's not my cup of tea. But for you to say that 'my a$$ will be going civvy because that's where the money is' shows a bit of myopia on your side. I'm not terribly worried about what I'm going to do after retirement. Thanks for doing the worrying for me, but I've got plans that suit me just fine. If you have prior military time, thanks for your service. If not, you shouldn't pose, you have no idea the sacrifices made.

Myopia is the inability to see things farther away versus upclose. I would think financially planning now for retirement is good. I think you meant Hyperopia which is the ability to see things up close not far away. I am looking long term baby, oh yeah. Good luck with retirement, have a few beers and "Push it Up"...thats a fighter pilot term right? Or "Light the wick", or how about "Blower". Come on now I got potential. Any way Have fun enjoy..Later

Myopia is the inability to see things farther away versus upclose. I would think financially planning now for retirement is good. I think you meant Hyperopia which is the ability to see things up close not far away. I am looking long term baby, oh yeah. Good luck with retirement, have a few beers and "Push it Up"...thats a fighter pilot term right? Or "Light the wick", or how about "Blower". Come on now I got potential. Any way Have fun enjoy..Later

Thanks. Not sure what your point is, but I'm sure its well intentioned. I guess I was waaaay off on the optometery terms. (not sure you're seeing my POV yet). Thanks for the quotes, but other than 'blower' I've never heard any of the others used (and that one rarely). Enjoy your Mil Aviation Magazines and feel free to mock me with whatever else you come up with. Good luck trucking cancelled checks.

Hey thanks not a problem, I really don't read any Mil or Civy airplane magazines outside of AOPA. Come on Guppy, I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings. A guy made a simple comment that if your going really fast close to the ground and sh!t hits the fan it must be nice to have the option of getting out and not have to ride it in. It didn't seem like he was picking on anyone, he just made a harmless comment. I know my fellow UPS guys would have loved to have had the option to punch out of that DC-8 that caught on fire but that wasn't the option. God smiled down long enough to get them down and get them out of the A/C alive and well.

Ok, gents,... can we all just lighten up? Yes, two-ship low-level has its risks. And who doesn't have respect for the civilian pilot that has busted his anus to get where he is on, his own nickel.
I've learned a LOT about flying from my military IP's... and I've learned A LOT from the pilots I've flown with that never flew in the military.
So, let's put the ruler away, and stop measuring our penis.
Instead, let's find a convenient place to have a brew together.
Blue skies,
Huggy

Hey thanks not a problem, I really don't read any Mil or Civy airplane magazines outside of AOPA. Come on Guppy, I wasn't trying to hurt your feelings. A guy made a simple comment that if your going really fast close to the ground and sh!t hits the fan it must be nice to have the option of getting out and not have to ride it in. It didn't seem like he was picking on anyone, he just made a harmless comment. I know my fellow UPS guys would have loved to have had the option to punch out of that DC-8 that caught on fire but that wasn't the option. God smiled down long enough to get them down and get them out of the A/C alive and well.

Listen buddy, I never said anyone was picking on anyone. I was just agreeing with the HUGE difference between tactical low level navigation flights and normal civilian low level navigation. The handle is nice to have, but by no means a 'Get out of jail free' card. My problem was with your comment that mil. avaiators will come to the civ. side becuase 'that's where the $$$ is'. I explained my position. You may never understand a sense of service compared dollars and cents, but don't worry, there are enough of us that do that you'll stay safe!

Latest resources

Back