Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fury220

Resident T-38A/C FAIP
Anyone have any details? I hear it was a single talon on a low-level mission...

Word is both pilots are ok.

That's all I've heard thusfar.

I called a stud over there tonight but he said he didn't want to (couldn't?) talk about it.

News report

CAFB Plane Crashes South of Memphis
[18. Jan. 2007 - 17:58]
Crews from Columbus Air Force Base are on the scene of a plane crash 40 miles south of Memphis, just west of Batesville. The base reports one of its T-38C Trainer crashed about 1:30 Thursday afternoon in the Curtis Station Community near Highway Six not far from the Panola/Quitman county line. The pilot and trainee did eject before the plane crashed. They were picked up by Panola County Sheriff David Bryan. Neither was injured. The plane, which is used extensively at the Columbus Airforce Base for high-altitude training, was destroyed. The men were conducing low-level navigation training mission.

Must be nice to have that option...

Yeah, especially when you're doing 420 KCAS at 500' AGL in uncontrolled airspace. In formation.

But I doubt you'd know much about that.

We may never know, but I know your @ss will be coming to our side. Civy is where the money is.

Strange as it may sound, some of us have motivations in life other than money. Keep pumping yourself up, though. If that's what it takes to make you feel better for not contributing.......

Latest resources

Back