Jetblue Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5,

JB has cancelled flights? Really, we have 100% completion factor for OCT and the only flights we cancelled in Aug and Sept were hurricane induced to include MSY, FLL, MCO. Unlike some other airlines around, the last thing JB does is cancel flights bc fuel is expensive and the flight isnt full. If a flight is cancelled, its bc of weather. Otherwise, you might get there late, but you can count on it were going.

Your statement in your above post is incorrect.

I haven't been sorting through the numbers, and I haven't been checking the math. I have been listening to the bickering about apples and oranges and comparisons, and I have a suggestion.

The only comparison that would matter to me is this:

How much compensation does a pilot receive for one day of work, one day away from home, one night when he doesn't tuck his kids in bed?

I could blow those numbers out of the water by working loads of overtime, but would it be worth it? Absolutely not. Would it be fair to compare my W-2 then with someone who spent 15 days a month at home with his family? Not a chance.

How much is a day away from home worth?

G4G5 said:
Hourly pay rates are the only way to do a direct compairson.

What about reserve guys do they regulaly get to fly above 75 and recieve time and a half?
I can pull all sorts of what if's out of my but too. But Apples to Apples has always been 12 year pay rates.

Yes they do. Every reserve pilot gets time and/half for every hour over 70 and the reserve gaurantee is 75. So they always get at least 5 at time/half.

You have a either an understanding problem or you are just choosing to manipulate facts to prove your point.

Quote B6GUY

I think the reason you are so passionate about bashing B6 that you either turned down an interview or got rejected and have since been bashing JetBlue to make yourself feel better.

The phrase 'you don't have a dog in this fight' has been stated over and over, get over yourself and enjoy your G4/5.

My thoughts exactly, G4G5 a wee bit jaded wouldn't you say!?

banger said:
Why is a guy working harder for his family pathetic?
Because it involves being away from his family for more days - - which defeats the purpose. Families need more than just money, they need a father/husband at home.

TonyC said:
Because it involves being away from his family for more days - - which defeats the purpose. Families need more than just money, they need a father/husband at home.

Actually they need a balance. Too much of one or the other is not good.

G4G5 said:
Reserve
5 year Jetblue ca - $121 x 75 = 9075 x 12= $108,900
12 year AA ca - $154 x 64 =9856 x 12 = $118,272
5 year AA ca - $146 x 64= 9344 x 12= $112,128

This is wrong.

Latest resources

Back