Jetblue Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
Hourly pay rates are the only way to do a direct compairson.

Trying to denfend your argument by saying, but we get time and a half above 75 is pathetic. What you are saying is, it's OK to pay us less because we get to work harder to make it up.

Really? Well that $3500 extra dollars I made going above guarantee didn't seem too pathetic. Get over yourself G4.

G4G5:

By my math a 5 year JB CA makes $136K and the AMR 12 CA makes $ 116 K per their contract.

A350

AA is the best run legacy. They have over $3.5 bilion in free cash (Jetblues market capt in under $2 billion which is lower then AA's. Now add in the fact that pension reform for the legacy carriers is in Congress as we speak. Just another little fact AA has contributed over $230 million towards the pension this year and they are the highest funded legacy carrier.

The last time I checked Even with the give backs you refer to 12 year AA MD80 ca's are making $154 an hour vs $139 for 12 year B6 A320 Ca's. Even with the give backs that you refer that's still $15 an hour higher then the highest B6 rates. Now lets not forget AA still has a 12.25% (1.25% A fund and 11% b fund) VS Jetblues (ZERO A fund and ZERO B Fund).

whats smarter, starting at a lower rate gradually going up or taking it in the A$$ and giving it back????

What smarter NEVER having the money and hoping that mgt will just come knocking on the door offering to just give you a raise. Or getting the money up front and then having to give it back? I'll take AA's, UPS. Airtrans, SWA (or any other independent pilots union) rates VS yours, any day of the week[/quote]

your failed to mention how SWAPA got to those payrates: they gradually grew over time. when did SWAPA EVER GIVE BACK??? you also failed to mention that when southwest first started flying it was a sweatshop. that is why SWAPA was created. a far cry of what jetblue is.

i agree that AA is well run. however, it will be VERY DIFFICULT for them to compete when your ALPA carriers are in bankruptcy and its pilot UNIONS are GIVING EVERYTHING BACK.... its only a matter of time before AA and Continental go into bankruptcy with its pilots facing the same ultimatum, and there wont be a thing a union can do about it. (i.e. united, usair, and soon dalpa).

with airtran posting a lost for the year, guess who will be ask first to give concessions.. watching the track record of your other UNION BOYS they'll follow the norm.........2% well spent???

A350 said:
G4G5:

By my math a 5 year JB CA makes $136K and the AMR 12 CA makes $ 116 K per their contract.

A350

What kind of math is that? I don't know what a 5 year Jet Blue Capt makes, but a 12 year AA Capt makes more than that in gross pay (143+ at avg line value).

fifty30retard said:
Really? Well that $3500 extra dollars I made going above guarantee didn't seem too pathetic. Get over yourself G4.

So you had to work extra days to make that extra money. That equates to days away from your family, and lower q of L.

That is pathetic

I am sure you can make up those missed days with the wife and kids next month. Oh, that right you need to fly 85+ hours next month.

Last edited:
In a few minutes

Last edited:
jbucpt]

your failed to mention how SWAPA got to those payrates: they gradually grew over time. when did SWAPA EVER GIVE BACK??? you also failed to mention that when southwest first started flying it was a sweatshop. that is why SWAPA was created. a far cry of what jetblue is.

Really, what do you call $37 an hour for a 190 FO? I call it a sweatshop.
$37 x 75 (reserve gurantee) x 12 months= $33,300 for getting to sit in a crash pad in Kew Gardens. Give 1/3 back to uncle sam and that pilot takes home $22,100 a year or $425 a week / an average 40 hour work week = $10.63 an hour take home.

Sooner or later the growth slows down and someone is going to get stuck in that seat when the music stops.

i agree that AA is well run. however, it will be VERY DIFFICULT for them to compete when your ALPA carriers are in bankruptcy and its pilot UNIONS are GIVING EVERYTHING BACK.... its only a matter of time before AA and Continental go into bankruptcy with its pilots facing the same ultimatum, and there wont be a thing a union can do about it. (i.e. united, usair, and soon dalpa).

Again where is your proof? If AA and CAL were planning on BK they would have done it prior to the 10/17 law changes.

with airtran posting a lost for the year, guess who will be ask first to give concessions.. watching the track record of your other UNION BOYS they'll follow the norm.........2% well spent???

Once again you are stating opinion vs Facts. Airtran has given NOTHING back so far. What happens next quater when Jetblue doesn't turn a profit, they are already canceling flights and telling wall street to beware? Will they do the same thing that you are telling us Airtran mgt will do?

Last edited:
A350 said:
G4G5:

A350

I like new math maybe you can show us where you got yours from.

First some simple facts.

JetBlue.
5th year capt A320 pay rate is $121 an hour
Line gurantee is 70 hours
Reserve gurantee is 75 hours

AA
5th year ca MD80 is $154
12th year ca md80 is $146
Line gurantee is 73 hours
reserve gurantee is 64 hours

Now the REAL math.
Line holder
12 year AA ca - $154 x 73 = $11,242 x 12= $134,904
5 year AA ca - $146 x 73 = $10,658 x 12 = $127,896
5 year Jetblue cs - $121 x 70 = $8,470 x 12 = $101,640

Reserve
5 year Jetblue ca - $121 x 75 = 9075 x 12= $108,900
12 year AA ca - $154 x 64 =9856 x 12 = $118,272
5 year AA ca - $146 x 64= 9344 x 12= $112,128

Reserve gurantee at AA is set lower to gurantee a higher Q of L. It also creats more jobs.

Just an FYI. A 5 year reserve Jetblue pilot has to fly 75 for the company to break even on utilization, otherwise why would they offer to pay a gurantee of 75 hours? That's 9 hours a month more then the reserve pilot at AA flys a month. Or the equivalent of 108 hours a year (another month of flying) just so he can make $3,000 less annually.

I showed you mine now you show me yours, this should be good.

Still flawed math

G4, go back and compute the 5 hours over 70 for Jetblue CA at 1.5x121 and do your math again.

I come up with $9377.5/mo x 12 = $112530

The way jetblue set up the pay scale is brilliant: it caters to the natural greed of the pilot. Work more, get paid at a higher rate.

You constantly twist and ignore facts selectively to make a false statements that support your point of view.

I think the reason you are so passionate about bashing B6 that you either turned down an inteview or got rejected and have since been bashing JetBlue to make yourself feel better.

The phrase 'you don't have a dog in this fight' has been stated over and over, get over yourself and enjoy your G4/5.

Latest resources

Back