Jetblue Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5,

Speaking of dealing in the fantasy world, can you provide me with the seniority numbers of the 12 yr B6 guys you are refering to?

G4G5:

Your 320 numbers for JB are wrong....we are paid 1.5 times the going rate for everything above 70 hours....

So the effective 12 year rate for 85 hours is $151 per hour.

Facts are facts.

A350

A350 said:
G4G5:

Your 320 numbers for JB are wrong....we are paid 1.5 times the going rate for everything above 70 hours....

So the effective 12 year rate for 85 hours is $151 per hour.

Facts are facts.

A350

What's your MONTHLY GURANTEE?
70 HOURS!!!
Every airline pilot including the AA pilots have the ability to fly above 70 but you need to compare apples to apples.

If the numbers are wrong please tell it to Airline pilot central

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/51/17/

IB6 UB9 said:
G4G5,

Speaking of dealing in the fantasy world, can you provide me with the seniority numbers of the 12 yr B6 guys you are refering to?

The contract is reality you have to go by those numbers. Sure their are no 12 year Jetblue CA's but their are no 5-6 year AA MD80 capt's either. Like it or not every industry comparison is based off of 12 year CA rates.

But if it makes you happy, 5th year Jetblue A32 ca is $121 vs $146 for 5th year AA MD80 CA.

And so G4G5 continues his relentless assault on JB pilots, as he has identified them as a primary source of the problems that plague our industry.

It's quite admirable, apparently.

G4G5:

There is no 70 hour guarantee. There is a 75 hour guarantee. That is for a reserve pilot. No such 12 year reserve pilot at JB.

If you want to compare apples to apples, look at total compensation for a 5 year JB CA and then look at a 5 year CA from AA....oh yeah, there are no 5 year CA's at AA. There are no 15 year CA's at USAirways.

I am not going to tell "airline pilot central" anything. If they post crappy info, that is their problem.

Take a little advice. Be damn glad you are a G5 CA and enjoy YOUR life and quit worrying about the lives of others, as you have no dog in the fight anyway.

A350

G4G5 said:
What's your MONTHLY GURANTEE?
70 HOURS!!!
Every airline pilot including the AA pilots have the ability to fly above 70 but you need to compare apples to apples.

If the numbers are wrong please tell it to Airline pilot central

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/51/17/

Apples to apples?
If you are making your statement about Guarantee times only?
Then AA is only 63 hours
JB is 70 hours
Look any closer with that math.

I don't have a dog in this fight but please quit only quoting base pay and not 1.5 after 70 one second and then state only guarantee counts and leave out the minus 7 hours at AA for the month. You are leaving out just the right amount of info to make your point sound valid.

I will return you to your regularly scheduled B!7ch season now...

I don't pick a winner in this topic, only trying to stick with "apples to apples"
No animals were hurt during this transmission

Last edited:
Sailpilot said:
Apples to apples?
If you are making your statement about Gurantee times only?
Then AA is only 63 hours, and multiply
JB is 70 hours
Looking closer with that math.

I don't have a dog in this fight but please quit only quoting base pay and not 1.5 after 70 one second and then state only gurantee counts and leave out the minus 7 hours at AA for the month. You are worse than my kids leaving out just the right amount of info to make your point sound valid.

I will return you to your regularly scheduled B!7ch season now...

I don't pick a winner in this topic, only trying to stick with "apples to apples"
No animals were hurt during this transmission

Maybe your kids make better sense SailP

G4G5 I think you may have a problem with you next drug test..

Hourly pay rates are the only way to do a direct compairson.

Trying to denfend your argument by saying, but we get time and a half above 75 is pathetic. What you are saying is, it's OK to pay us less because we get to work harder to make it up.

Are pilots required to fly above 75 hours?
Does Every Jetblue pilot fly above 75?
If your answer is No to both, you have just proven my point.

What about reserve guys do they regulaly get to fly above 75 and recieve time and a half?

I can pull all sorts of what if's out of my but too. But Apples to Apples has always been 12 year pay rates.

G4G5 said:
What about reserve guys do they regulaly get to fly above 75 and recieve time and a half?

Only been online for three months and I've flown over 75 hours each month. On schedule to break 75 again for October, which should be my last month on reserve as an FO.

Latest resources

Back