• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G4G5 said:
"G4G5 is flaming!! hellooo!"

No I am not Read it for yourself!

10/07/05 Wall Street Journal, For those who are willing to take the time and actually do some research the article is titled "Perils of the No-Fly Zone"

JetBlue called Michael E. McDonald this week to tell him his flight from New York to San Juan, Puerto Rico, next week was canceled. He had booked a 9 p.m. flight so he could get in a full day of work and be in San Juan in plenty of time for a wedding. But JetBlue offered a 3 p.m. flight, meaning he'd miss much of the workday, or a flight the next morning, which was cutting it too close for the wedding.
"According to the agent, the airline could not completely fill the plane that I was to fly, and had canceled the flight," Mr. McDonald says. "What should I do in the future if this problem should occur again?"

This is a problem travelers are going to run into a lot this fall, I think. So it's worth reviewing options.

In Mr. McDonald's case, JetBlue did give him nine days of notice, which proved crucial. That's a lot better than what Delta proposes. I think Delta risks deeply angering customers with fuel-price cancellations on relatively short notice. Early morning and late-night flights are the most likely to be canceled, Delta said, but business travelers in particular use those flights for a specific purpose -- to get an extra night at home or put in a full day of work, for example. Canceling those flights may mean not being able to get home for an important event after a day of meetings, or having to leave a day earlier for a trip and missing a kid's sporting event.

Mr. McDonald didn't like the choices JetBlue offered, so he called American and booked better flights, paying only $272 since he had more than a week's advance notice. That's more than his $198 JetBlue fare bought in July. JetBlue will refund that without any penalty, of course, but Mr. McDonald asks if JetBlue should make him whole.his is a problem travelers are going to run into a lot this fall, I think. So it's worth reviewing options.
In Mr. McDonald's case, JetBlue did give him nine days of notice, which proved crucial. That's a lot better than what Delta proposes. I think Delta risks deeply angering customers with fuel-price cancellations on relatively short notice. Early morning and late-night flights are the most likely to be canceled, Delta said, but business travelers in particular use those flights for a specific purpose -- to get an extra night at home or put in a full day of work, for example. Canceling those flights may mean not being able to get home for an important event after a day of meetings, or having to leave a day earlier for a trip and missing a kid's sporting event.
Mr. McDonald didn't like the choices JetBlue offered, so he called American and booked better flights, paying only $272 since he had more than a week's advance notice. That's more than his $198 JetBlue fare bought in July. JetBlue will refund that without any penalty, of course, but Mr. McDonald asks if JetBlue should make him whole.

Apology accepted

I dont need to apologize. JB led Sept for completion factor and usu puts in a top 3 finish month after month. You found one flight that just happened to be the focal point of a WSJ article. I dont pay to subscribe to the WSJ online so I didnt find that article. I can assure you AMR has cancelled many more flights than JB since fuel has more than doubled in the last 6 months.
Here's some proof that you so desperately want:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051014/daf023.html?.v=27

Last edited:
There is no 9pm b6 to SJU

G4G5 said:
I said that Jetblue was canceling flight and losing money and you said:

"G4G5 is flaming!! hellooo!"

I came up with PROOF and you came up with NOTHING. He's your chance little man prove me wrong. Show me where I have said something False.

Or consider yourself B-Slapped. SO far you have offered nada zippo. You know what they say about opinions.... except yours really stinks.

Don't worry about my dog in this fight, you don't know who my next door neighbor, my siblings or my college buddies work for.

No 9pm B6 flight to SJU, last flt is at 3:15pm has been that way for quite some time.
How do you type so much with a beer, baby and remote in your hand anyway?
I am crushed to have been slapped by a byatch too....what's up with the siblings and college buddy thing anyway?
B6 completion for Sep 99.4% Can't wait for the 10 page response.:bawling:

Last edited:
Capn Mike said:
How silly of me to think that this thread had died.

Mike

Just like a belch from a bad onion, it never goes away!

:pimp:

elag777 said:
No 9pm B6 flight to SJU, last flt is at 3:15pm has been that way for quite some time.
How do you type so much with a beer, baby and remote in your hand anyway?
I am crushed to have been slapped by a byatch too....what's up with the siblings and college buddy thing anyway?
B6 completion for Sep 99.4% Can't wait for the 10 page response
.:bawling:

This one is real simple. No need for a lengthly resopnes, you are not worth it.

I can choose to believe the the nations leading business publication, The Wall Street Journal or you.
My guess is, I am not the only one out there betting that the WSJ is telling the truth.

Nice try.

"B6 completion for Sep 99.4% Can't wait for the 10 page response"

You want my response?
With a 99.4% completion, you are still going to lose money this quater. Not good.

Last edited:
G4G5 said:
This one is real simple. No need for a lengthly resopnes, you are not worth it.

I can choose to believe the the nations leading business publication, The Wall Street Journal or you.
My guess is, I am not the only one out there betting that the WSJ is telling the truth.

Nice try.

"B6 completion for Sep 99.4% Can't wait for the 10 page response"

You want my response?
With a 99.4% completion, you are still going to lose money this quater. Not good.

:beer: Thanks for not ranting with another bunch of unsubstantiated folk law, a 9pm SJU flight does not exist. WSJ if indeed used B6 as an example is incorrect, I am forgetting however that you treat "airlinepilotpay.com" as gospel so believe what you will, and what's with the "you" are still going to lose money?

Your invited to begin ranting...or "resopnes" as you so beautifully put it...:rolleyes: stutter away

The "9pm" flight ended on September 12. This was known at the end of July/beginning of August when the September pairings were created. The "9pm" flight will return on November 17.

JetBlue allows tickets to be purchased up to one year in advance so it is entirely possible that Mr. McDonald did buy a ticket prior to a schedule being changed. However, I doubt that he was told that his particular flight was cancelled because that they could not fill the plane since they were not even trying to sell tickets on it for the past two months. If JB cancelled every flight that was not full two months prior to the flight there would be more than one person that the WSJ was able to find that would be upset.

Have I ever been wrong? Yes
Has the WSJ ever been wrong? Probably

Now can we get back to that QOL that G4 likes to promote???

Mike

Latest resources

Back