Jetblue Seniority

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TonyC said:
Because it involves being away from his family for more days - - which defeats the purpose. Families need more than just money, they need a father/husband at home.

Get a job in a bank then Mr."C"

elag777 said:
Get a job in a bank then Mr."C"
Is that the best response you could summon from the depths of your brain cells?

As Jo Dee Mesina said, cummon, gimme sumpthin I can use.

Dispute what I said, will ya?

zkmayo said:
G4G5,

JB has cancelled flights? Really, we have 100% completion factor for OCT and the only flights we cancelled in Aug and Sept were hurricane induced to include MSY, FLL, MCO. Unlike some other airlines around, the last thing JB does is cancel flights bc fuel is expensive and the flight isnt full. If a flight is cancelled, its bc of weather. Otherwise, you might get there late, but you can count on it were going.

Your statement in your above post is incorrect.

"G4G5 is flaming!! hellooo!"

No I am not Read it for yourself!

10/07/05 Wall Street Journal, For those who are willing to take the time and actually do some research the article is titled "Perils of the No-Fly Zone"

JetBlue called Michael E. McDonald this week to tell him his flight from New York to San Juan, Puerto Rico, next week was canceled. He had booked a 9 p.m. flight so he could get in a full day of work and be in San Juan in plenty of time for a wedding. But JetBlue offered a 3 p.m. flight, meaning he'd miss much of the workday, or a flight the next morning, which was cutting it too close for the wedding.
"According to the agent, the airline could not completely fill the plane that I was to fly, and had canceled the flight," Mr. McDonald says. "What should I do in the future if this problem should occur again?"

This is a problem travelers are going to run into a lot this fall, I think. So it's worth reviewing options.

In Mr. McDonald's case, JetBlue did give him nine days of notice, which proved crucial. That's a lot better than what Delta proposes. I think Delta risks deeply angering customers with fuel-price cancellations on relatively short notice. Early morning and late-night flights are the most likely to be canceled, Delta said, but business travelers in particular use those flights for a specific purpose -- to get an extra night at home or put in a full day of work, for example. Canceling those flights may mean not being able to get home for an important event after a day of meetings, or having to leave a day earlier for a trip and missing a kid's sporting event.

Mr. McDonald didn't like the choices JetBlue offered, so he called American and booked better flights, paying only $272 since he had more than a week's advance notice. That's more than his $198 JetBlue fare bought in July. JetBlue will refund that without any penalty, of course, but Mr. McDonald asks if JetBlue should make him whole.his is a problem travelers are going to run into a lot this fall, I think. So it's worth reviewing options.
In Mr. McDonald's case, JetBlue did give him nine days of notice, which proved crucial. That's a lot better than what Delta proposes. I think Delta risks deeply angering customers with fuel-price cancellations on relatively short notice. Early morning and late-night flights are the most likely to be canceled, Delta said, but business travelers in particular use those flights for a specific purpose -- to get an extra night at home or put in a full day of work, for example. Canceling those flights may mean not being able to get home for an important event after a day of meetings, or having to leave a day earlier for a trip and missing a kid's sporting event.
Mr. McDonald didn't like the choices JetBlue offered, so he called American and booked better flights, paying only $272 since he had more than a week's advance notice. That's more than his $198 JetBlue fare bought in July. JetBlue will refund that without any penalty, of course, but Mr. McDonald asks if JetBlue should make him whole.

Apology accepted

Last edited:
banger said:
Why is a guy working harder for his family pathetic?

Because the guys at the other airlines don't have to. It's either time or money.

banger said:
Yes they do. Every reserve pilot gets time and/half for every hour over 70 and the reserve gaurantee is 75. So they always get at least 5 at time/half.

You have a either an understanding problem or you are just choosing to manipulate facts to prove your point.

So every single Jetblue pilot has to fly over 70 hours? Is this mandated by the company? Or is it voluntary?

AA pilots can voluntarily fly to 83 but I chose to use contract numbers not hypothetical what if's.

G4G5 said:
Because the guys at the other airlines don't have to. It's either time or money.

You didn't answer me the other day...where is it you are furloughed from? Maybe it will explain why you have such a hard-on for us. Or better yet, when was the interview you blew?

B6Guy said:
G4, go back and compute the 5 hours over 70 for Jetblue CA at 1.5x121 and do your math again.

I come up with $9377.5/mo x 12 = $112530

The way jetblue set up the pay scale is brilliant: it caters to the natural greed of the pilot. Work more, get paid at a higher rate.

You constantly twist and ignore facts selectively to make a false statements that support your point of view.

I think the reason you are so passionate about bashing B6 that you either turned down an inteview or got rejected and have since been bashing JetBlue to make yourself feel better.

The phrase 'you don't have a dog in this fight' has been stated over and over, get over yourself and enjoy your G4/5.

Why should I go back and recalculate the numbers? According to:
http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/51/17/
Line holder gurantee is 70 hours plain and simple.

You guys love this, we get time and a half answer. Is it guranteed?

NO IT"S NOT! So when things slow down, like they eventually will the company does not have to give it to you. Ask guys at every other major how much overtime they were getting just a few years ago in a post 9-11 enviroment

Is every pilot forced to fly over 70 hours? No! It's a personal choice, not a gurantee. Some pilots at AA chose to fly 83 or 85 hours, I choose to use contract guranteed figures. Sorry if you don't like the numbers.

Latest resources

Back