Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don Quixote?

Hey G4G5,

Please share with us exactly why you continue to bray upon this topic of JB pay with such vitriol.

Normally I enjoy your observations on the state of this industry. Maybe I'm giving you way too much credit here, but I don't usually think of you as one to post flamebait.

But your chewing at the pant leg of JetBlue et.al really does seem rather personal. Share it for all of us, won't you?

When I was in the corporate/fractional/charter world, I gave a sh1t about issues that affected me. I would voice my opinion as I saw fit. Do I care how my former coworkers at NJA are faring? Of course. But I don't work there anymore. I'm no longer a fractional pilot. So I don't attack those windmills any longer. You're no longer in the airline industry. You no longer are an airline pilot. Easy there with the lighter fluid and matches.

Long ago this was a thread about JetBlue seniority. ::sigh:: Perhaps we can start a thread entitled "When one cannot let go".

Regards,
SCR

g4g5...
give it a rest...

Last edited:
G4G5 said:
So you had to work extra days to make that extra money. That equates to days away from your family, and lower q of L.

That is pathetic

I am sure you can make up those missed days with the wife and kids next month. Oh, that right you need to fly 85+ hours next month.

hmmm...
average day at JB is 6 hours credit...

my average 85 hour month has 14-15 days off ..
some can get 18-19 days off a month..

why don't you go back to the FBO and check on your catering?

we'll just add you to the list of jb bashers.

thanks for playing
i have to go cross seat belts..

Last edited:
G4G5 said:
Why should I go back and recalculate the numbers? According to:
http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/51/17/

Did they mention anything about stock options, profit sharing or the fact that there is a 15% discount on stock through the employee stock purchase program. These may not be strong players with the latest events affecting the current airline industry, but since you are determined in what a person makes in year 12 they should be considered. I mean you are wanting apples to apples right??

Mike

The dude probably bombed the B6 interview, hence he feels justified in spending a considerable amount of time bashing the pay and benies at a lowly start up that only has 82 airplanes.

CUZ said:
The dude probably bombed the B6 interview, hence he feels justified in spending a considerable amount of time bashing the pay and benies at a lowly start up that only has 82 airplanes.

He did, and is ever so bitter....

IIRC, he was offered the job, but declined.

If this is incorrect, I apologize

Using the quality of life issue to bash JB confounds me:

Just curious about one thing. To all you quality of life preachers and those that want to be home everynight with the family and to who working a couple extra days a month is a moral dilemma--

When has this job ever been 100% conducive to lots of family time - regardless of who you work for? I feel sorry for people who shoot out a bunch of kids and then start crying that they never get to see them - what the heck did you expect? This lifestyle has never been a secret.

We all make choices and I daresay the guy the next door working 8 to 6 isn't seeing his kids anymore than you are. In fact, the guys next to me are too busy having fun on the weekends with golf, biking, and whatever else to spend all that quality time. Me thinks it has nothing to do with family.....

Latest resources

Back