JetBlue class dates

Limeyflyer

Total Time
Enough
Aug 3rd interview here as well, Aug 24th class.

BentOver

Total Time
placed my info in the summer of 2010.....I had an interview on Aug 3rd.....in phase II now.

Ok thanks, I figured you guys were all applicants from last year.. (did you go to the open house in MCO?)

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
You do not need an internal rec to get a call... But it helps...

AgreenFO

Kickin it
Total Time
How many retirements does jetBlue have when 65 kicks in? Thanks for the info

oldxfr8dog

Total Time
Today?
How many retirements does jetBlue have when 65 kicks in? Thanks for the info
A few. Maybe 4 or 5.
Sorry to say, I'm serious...

I'm one of the oldest and I'm 59.

Very little upward movement, if that is what you're looking for.

Smarta$$

Total Time
What is there for the wife to do in the first two days of class? Is it any fun for her?

Thanks

Turbojet23

Total Time
What is there for the wife to do in the first two days of class? Is it any fun for her?

Thanks
From what I understand she will go through an orientation and learn about the benefits. I am gonna bring mine for the first week only because we had scheduled a vacation at my current company. Lots to do in Orlando anyhow while I'm in class.

Caveman

Grandpa
Total Time
11000+

Thanks
Depends. What's she into? If she has an open mind a lot of things can be 'fun'. :D

RiddleEagle18

Total Time

Thanks
Honestly im glad my wife didnt come. She would have been bored out of her mind. The first 2 days are orientation. All about the company from all of the departments. Stuff im glad to know, stuff my wife doesnt care about. If your wife isnt interested in aviation she will probably be terribly bored.

If she really wants to fly the simulator for a few minutes they are given a chance on day 2.

Caveman

Grandpa
Total Time
11000+
Honestly im glad my wife didnt come. She would have been bored out of her mind. The first 2 days are orientation. All about the company from all of the departments. Stuff im glad to know, stuff my wife doesnt care about. If your wife isnt interested in aviation she will probably be terribly bored.

If she really wants to fly the simulator for a few minutes they are given a chance on day 2.
Despite my smartassed comment above this pretty much sums it up. My wife was glad she attended but mainly because she got to spend a couple more days with me before training started in earnest. If she can get to MCO without a lot of cost or hassle go ahead and bring her. Otherwise just forget it. It's not that big a deal.

amcflyboy

Total Time
A lot
A few. Maybe 4 or 5.
Sorry to say, I'm serious...

I'm one of the oldest and I'm 59.

Very little upward movement, if that is what you're looking for.

That's pretty much to be expected because JetBlue is still a relatively new company with growth still ahead of it and not a huge bank of pilots.

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
I hate to speculate, but I'm guessing that we will have more attrition due to guys going back to DAL, UA and AA than retirements in the next 5-8yrs.With the retirements happening over there, there would be more $$ and a broad spectrum of flying. Plus FedEx and the forementioned will be hiring. We will lose from the middle of the pack.
My 2CENTS

$$$4nothin

Total Time
9000+
Most recent class. August 10th. 17 people. 10 E-190(ALL BOS) 7 A320(All JFK). The training dept said all new 190 pilots will be going to BOS for a while.

Limeyflyer

Total Time
Enough
How quickly have the may new hires been getting off of rsv in the different bases, if any?

flyin4jsus

Turn it up loud, Captain!
Total Time
Most recent class. August 10th. 17 people. 10 E-190(ALL BOS) 7 A320(All JFK). The training dept said all new 190 pilots will be going to BOS for a while.
That's good to hear about Boston!