• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue class dates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been trying to figure out roughly how many were at the interview and how many likely got hired out of that. Do we figure there were around 30-40 interviewed each day? Out of that..what maybe 25-30ish hired for phase 2? That should mean we are probably getting close. One guy mentioned getting called last minute for the class starting today and he interviewed on the 10th at 8:30.

I asked the day of the interview and the answer was about 60 interviews on Feb 9 and another 60 on Feb 10.
My "guess" for phase 2 is about 30 to 40 out of the 60 on each of those days. This is a wag based on the numbers from the previous interview sessions from Jan. Also I would say the average class size has been about 12. Some months as high as 17-20, others about 9, while most around the 11-12 range.
BTW: I am a Feb. 10 afternoon guy myself.

I asked the day of the interview and the answer was about 60 interviews on Feb 9 and another 60 on Feb 10.
My "guess" for phase 2 is about 30 to 40 out of the 60 on each of those days. This is a wag based on the numbers from the previous interview sessions from Jan. Also I would say the average class size has been about 12. Some months as high as 17-20, others about 9, while most around the 11-12 range.
BTW: I am a Feb. 10 afternoon guy myself.

That sounds about right. Hopefully the training dept. doesn't slow down. Looks like the -190 is starting to drop again in training again too.

Anybody currently at the company know the prob. of other bases being assigned in training outside of JFK/BOS? I remember hearing a few months back that one class had some MCO and FLL drops.

The chances of you getting MCO or FLL are pretty slim. The company will have to do another supplemental bid, and I am quite sure if there were any vacancies in MCO or FLL that they will be filling with ppl currently on property. I the last system bid ( i dont remember exact numbers) there were about 30-40 vacancies in JFK on the 320, and 30-40 vacancies on the 190 in BOS. BOS is the growth base right now.

The chances of you getting MCO or FLL are pretty slim. The company will have to do another supplemental bid, and I am quite sure if there were any vacancies in MCO or FLL that they will be filling with ppl currently on property. I the last system bid ( i dont remember exact numbers) there were about 30-40 vacancies in JFK on the 320, and 30-40 vacancies on the 190 in BOS. BOS is the growth base right now.

Thanks for the good info! I'm actually hoping to end up in JFK due to living nearby. I have heard BOS is growing like you mentioned. I still wonder however if it would be wiser to try for BOS to try to hold a liner quicker?

Thats kind of a tough call. I guess it would depend on where most of the past few months new-hires have gone. If most are in JFK 190 then BOS might be better. If BOS then JFK would be better. Plan on being on RSV for a LONG time on the 320. Guys like myself who are in the top 40% of the seniority list on the 190 are just waiting for good seniority on the 320 and then I am jumping over. Lots of us plan to do this so the 190 will probably see faster movement for new-hires. But you know how this industry is... nothing is a guarantee.

Past few months have been real heavy on JFK 320 slots. I'll bet at least 40-50 JFK 320s since the beginning of the year. I know there were 9 in the Apr 27 class and 10'in the May 11 class.

So is a BOS 190 spot going to get a line a lot faster than in JFK. Also if there have been so many guys going to the bus recently would a 190 slot be a faster way to a line. Does anyone know when they are going to interview and hire again after they get all of us in the system. Just wondering if we are looking at over a year on reserve. I have heard through the grapevine that a lot of 190 FO's will be heading over to the BUS as there seat lock comes up.

So is a BOS 190 spot going to get a line a lot faster than in JFK.

Probably

Also if there have been so many guys going to the bus recently would a 190 slot be a faster way to a line.

Probably

Does anyone know when they are going to interview and hire again after they get all of us in the system.

Probably September, yes

Just wondering if we are looking at over a year on reserve.

Possibly in JFK, probably not on the 190 or 320 in BOS.

I have heard through the grapevine that a lot of 190 FO's will be heading over to the BUS as there seat lock comes up.

Almost everyone hired before 09/2011 has their seat lock up. There has yet to be a mass migration, and it likely will not happen. Senior 190 first officers would likely not want to give up a possible upgrade and quality of life for a small pay bump.

Last edited:
I'm thinking calls will go out Monday or so. Best of luck to all! Hoping us Feb 10 fellas will be going!

I hear ya brother! Wish there was a like button for your post! I'm hoping for the June 8 class, because I have a pc on June 13. I really don't want to do a pc!

Latest resources

Back