Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
swordfish said:
I can play this game to, I told my dad that any resumes that come across his desk with airtran and tsa on them to throw in the garbage. Best luck at continental!

Well my daddy works at American and he will make sure any resumes from GJ will be thrown in the garbage. Give me a break you absolute tool bag!!!

Well my dad bigger (fat) then yours.
Swordfish dad the chief pilot at Continental, he the person that told me to come to go jet and get my PIC

pilotbrain said:
  • Did TSA ever fly hub flying out of SAT? NO so how is GJ taking that flying from you, those 3 planes where out station contracts SAT-STL.

Wrong. TSA was flying to MSY, OMA, ABQ, and a few others (I only did one SAT trip so I don't remember them off the top of my head). SAT was not a full hub like IAD or ORD but it wasn't just another outstation being served out of STL. In fact we never once flew STL-SAT.

joeywoofwoof said:
I jump on GJ all the time... many of the Captains have been furloughed from the majors, furloughed from corporate jobs, ex and current military- one guy in particular was an ex F-15 pilot from the gulf war..... and several of you people are going to have the audacity to start jumpseat wars and bash the GJ guys for taking jobs to feed their families... really makes me sick. GJ is the same as every other regional airline out there. They seem to be one of the happiest groups of pilots I have been around and most of them claim to have little or no problems jumpseating, harrassment, finding jobs at the Majors, etc. - so someone must be treating them right. GJ didn't take anything from anyone that any other regional hasn't taken from someone else. The ONLY difference is that they are owned by a company that already owns a seperate airline. Good luck TSA and goodluck GJ. But, it seems that karma is getting back at TSA.
Nice job! I also have to stick up for GJ now and then because there are so many people on their backs! (no wonder they are hiding I would not want to be verbally abused every time I ran across an angry pilot either.) I dead headed on a GJ flight not too long ago. I had a boarding pass, but I quietly slipped to the back and tried not to be noticed. SHAME ON ME. What a perfect opportunity to ask questions. I did run into a captain one other time. She was so nice, has kids, thats all I know. We didn't talk much about aviation. But Another blown opportunity. You are so right when you said GJ has done what every regional airline did at one point. Honestly after reading a statement like this I really do want to find out more and possibly work for GJ. (these threads may or may not have been the place to learn more.) All of us are human beings trying to do the right thing for our families and futures. Its really sad that there are people out there that would hinder that process. But how can the interviewers tell, I know I would not hire an angry pilot that has contempt for other people, But how do they know?

flyinsick said:
I did run into a captain one other time. She was so nice, has kids, thats all I know.

What about any pilots that got furloughed from TSA that have families?

flyinsick is a ************************* pilot pretending to be a TSA pilot to drum up support for his side. Trying to make it look like people are converting. It ain't happening. sorry.

Do whats best for your career. Its really that simple. Misguided anger is all there is on these forums. People get high blood pressure and extremely angry. it most certainly is not a representation of the real world. Fact is those freedom pilots have been hired at major airlines. The Go-jets pilots no doubt will get hired at other majors. Most people still don't even know who the hell Go-jets is. I don't know why unions think they need to tell people how to run their life.

Just because you gj pilots got furloughed why would you deliberately do something that would get TSA pilots furloughed I just don't get it.

flyer172r said:
Wrong. TSA was flying to MSY, OMA, ABQ, and a few others (I only did one SAT trip so I don't remember them off the top of my head). SAT was not a full hub like IAD or ORD but it wasn't just another outstation being served out of STL. In fact we never once flew STL-SAT.

No you misunderstood what I said. TSA said that GJ was taking over there flying out of SAT not true. Because every thing that GJ is flying out of SAT is hub system, NOT OUT STAITON FLYING.

Go jet hasten taken any flying from TSA, and has no plans to do so.( the contract that GJ has is a ten year hub system flying contract with up to 50 CRJ’s, not the same contract)

I had no problem with a combine seniority list but TSA voted NO 3 times, with 2 more chance before that.

Should have voted yes!!! It your fault why TSA doesn’t have the growth and why TSA is furloughing.

PEACE OUT

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back