Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I jump on GJ all the time... many of the Captains have been furloughed from the majors, furloughed from corporate jobs, ex and current military- one guy in particular was an ex F-15 pilot from the gulf war..... and several of you people are going to have the audacity to start jumpseat wars and bash the GJ guys for taking jobs to feed their families... really makes me sick. GJ is the same as every other regional airline out there. They seem to be one of the happiest groups of pilots I have been around and most of them claim to have little or no problems jumpseating, harrassment, finding jobs at the Majors, etc. - so someone must be treating them right. GJ didn't take anything from anyone that any other regional hasn't taken from someone else. The ONLY difference is that they are owned by a company that already owns a seperate airline. Good luck TSA and goodluck GJ. But, it seems that karma is getting back at TSA.

Joey,

Get it through your thick head. TSA Holdings is RIGHT NOW furloughing and hiring pilots at the same time. The two halves have had overlap in everything from management to routes, etc. They are NOT the same as any other regional out there. GJ's is what Mesa prevented in the current iteration of Freedom, and Chautauqua prevented in Republic. GJ is a split seniority list - they are Mgmt's wet dream.

Imagine how the next few rounds of negotiations are going to go. It will be like tug of war, except the pilots will be wearing teflon shoes and mgmt will be pulling with an M1-A1 Abrams, and shooting no doubt. Good luck saving for retirement. Good luck improving a SINGLE work rule at either side.

You simply CANNOT fly at GJ, aware of the situation, and be proud of what you do.

FlyHIToo said:
Then why have two pilots from GJ already been hired there in the last two months????

keep dreaming... we all check the list every month. There are only about 40-50 names a month and a "Go-Jet" pilot or "Go-Jet Airlines" has never been on it (believe me its the first thing TSA and Air Wisconsin pilots check). My buddy at Southwest does the same thing. Now I KNOW your lying. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
DrewBlows said:
It differs from state to state. In Michigan you can not get assistance for a type rating (they don't consider it a good use of their money).
It's about time those who administer WIA program money woke up to this chicanery.

I can play this game to, I told my dad that any resumes that come across his desk with airtran and tsa on them to throw in the garbage. Best luck at continental!

MINIME said:
I respectfully disagree with you.

Call it what you will, but the things that many have pointed out about your airline are true. I realize that we all need jobs to feed our families. But there has to be a moral line somewhere in the mix. When your airline is growing at the expense of eventually all of us, (yes I know, not the first time in history) then I feel that I have a moral obligation to at least try to present what I believe are facts about an outfit such as yours. Am I wrong for doing this? I guess time will tell. For my sake and that of every pilot in this industry, I hope I am wrong!

I don't work at GJ, I'm with PCL. And my point is that in spite of it all they are getting hired. I know that there is a coalition of people looking for this individuals but they are getting hired, at SWA, CONTINENTAL,JB and just about all others.
As a side note, I DO sympathize with your case and I'm doing my part by not allowing them to JS because there isn't a JS agreement between PCL and GJ

About Citrus?
Maybe the information that we got is wrong, but we where told the same thing about having two in class recently.

Two questions.
  • if you didn’t want this to happin then why didn’t you vote Yes?
  • Did TSA ever fly hub flying out of SAT? NO so how is GJ taking that flying from you, those 3 planes where out station contracts SAT-STL.

Look, It doesnt matter if GJ pilots are scabs or not. It does'nt matter if they took TSA flying, responsible for TSA furloughs, are hated by 90% of their peers, or are dragging the industry down. Maybe the GJ Pilots took the jobs to feed their families, or maybe they took them to pay for all their hair products. Maybe they took the job because they can't afford to build time as a CFI because they already spent $85,000 on their com/inst/multi+RJ Training at some overpriced airline accadamy.

I hate them for one reason, they are flatulant and they drink their own pee. This is a confirmed fact.GJ=flatulant/Pee Drinkers

ALL flamebait........nobody is that stupid......

Well a hundred of you are.......have fun with the contract......

Latest resources

Back