Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinsick

Any ideas? I have not made up my mind yet. I'd like TSA to give me the option so I can at least think about it. Go Jets is not the entire reason TSA is having trouble, wonder if United could see this coming? I need to stay in St. Louis, any ideas how long these furloughs will last?

time to get some popcorn and kick my feet up....

Oh, and I say, probably a bad idea.

Go to Regions if you *really* need to stay in STL. You'll upgrade in a year, have fun being bounced around at 16000, fly into podunk midwestern towns and won't make alot of money - but you'll have handflown the Jetscream and that will carry you darn near anywhere.

Don't go to Go Jet. Go to Skywest and commute to ORD, go to Pinnacle and commute to DTW or MEM. Just don't go to Go Jet - or uncle Hulie will have gotten exactly what he really wants - into the minds of the TSA pilot group.

I'm not sure what other options there are. If we are losing flying to Go jets how long before others start to think the same. I don't blame the Go Jet pilots, I'm not sure who is directly at fault. Did United see this coming? Are we to blame because we fly lines that are 90 hours plus and our guarantee is only 75 hrs. If our lines were only 75 - 80 hrs these pilots would not be out of a job. How about open time? We have pilots with these lines and some still try to pick up open time. Our union does not seem like it is the brightest bulb on the tree. As far as management is concerned, someone from Southwest once told me "management treats us so well because we treat them so well." There are many problems here not just Go Jet. Just a few Ideas guys, can't we all just get along? I'm just a pilot who has bills and wants to stay flying.

flyinsick said:
I'm not sure what other options there are. If we are losing flying to Go jets how long before others start to think the same. I don't blame the Go Jet pilots, I'm not sure who is directly at fault. Did United see this coming? Are we to blame because we fly lines that are 90 hours plus and our guarantee is only 75 hrs. If our lines were only 75 - 80 hrs these pilots would not be out of a job. How about open time? We have pilots with these lines and some still try to pick up open time. Our union does not seem like it is the brightest bulb on the tree. As far as management is concerned, someone from Southwest once told me "management treats us so well because we treat them so well." There are many problems here not just Go Jet. Just a few Ideas guys, can't we all just get along? I'm just a pilot who has bills and wants to stay flying.
So lemme get this straight...

You're not blaming Go Jet pilots for accepting a job at a known alter-ego carrier taking growth and being used to whipsaw TSA pilots, and you're not blaming them after the first furlough, and you're not blaming them now with the annoucement of parking UAL 145s and replacing them with GJ 700s...

...but you *do* blame your own pilot group for picking up opentime and having lines built to 90 hours?

WTF???

flyinsick said:
Are we to blame because we fly lines that are 90 hours plus and our guarantee is only 75 hrs. If our lines were only 75 - 80 hrs these pilots would not be out of a job.

Have you looked at the lines lately? I would say that the average line is 85, not 90. Are you sure you work for TSA and get to look at our bid packet? The last time I had a line over 85 was over a year ago, and I've got several years seniority here.

Last edited:
BoilerUP said:
So lemme get this straight...

You're not blaming Go Jet pilots for accepting a job at a known alter-ego carrier taking growth and being used to whipsaw TSA pilots, and you're not blaming them after the first furlough, and you're not blaming them now with the annoucement of parking UAL 145s and replacing them with GJ 700s...

...but you *do* blame your own pilot group for picking up opentime and having lines built to 90 hours?

WTF???
Just thoughts, What I was saying is there are many reasons for furloughs, not just one reason. Maybe TSA is in trouble I do not know. I just try to remember every time I point a finger there are three more pointing back. Please remember that no one wants us to have our jobs back more than us Furloughed.

Latest resources

Back