Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Look into SkyWest, Mesa and Air Wisconsin. You'd have to commute but at least you can reliably get into the jumpseat working for one of those carriers.

cq43vt17t said:
So you at least Go Jets has part of reason for Trans States fall? So since its only partially their fault it's okay to go there now? And what exactly is the trouble that Trans States is having? I'm pretty sure that Go Jets has similar issues.
TSA's Loss of flying? Also please remember I am not defending Go Jet airlines. I am only trying to keep an open mind. If there are any Go jet pilots out there that want to share their experiences, it would be appreciated. I have not made up my mind and I just want to explore all options.

viper548 said:
Look into SkyWest, Mesa and Air Wisconsin. You'd have to commute but at least you can reliably get into the jumpseat working for one of those carriers.
Do you know their mins?

flyinsick said:
I have not been treated bad at all.

You wouldn't say that being furloughed out of spite is being treated badly? I would, but that's just me.

Reelbigfish said:
You wouldn't say that being furloughed out of spite is being treated badly? I would, but that's just me.
Another Idea. So many people say they dislike their experiences at TSA so much. But look at how many senior people stick around. This has got to have management confused or at least thinking they must be doing something right. What do you think? I mean its not like they have trouble finding pilots. But I don't know about Go Jets. Are they having trouble finding pilots? I don't really keep up with all the gossip.

Some good advice. Dont go to Go-Jet. There are plenty of other regionals that are much better and wont haunt you forever.

Last edited:
TEXAN AVIATOR said:
When you're furloughed, you can get government assistance and go pick up a 737 type rating. Or even use the funds to get a masters degree.

Can you elaborate more on this. How much do you get and what generally qualifies one for such assistance. Unemployment checks aside, if you're furloughed you can get a type rating on Uncle Sam?

Thanks.

flyinsick said:
Another Idea. So many people say they dislike their experiences at TSA so much. But look at how many senior people stick around. This has got to have management confused or at least thinking they must be doing something right. What do you think? I mean its not like they have trouble finding pilots. But I don't know about Go Jets. Are they having trouble finding pilots? I don't really keep up with all the gossip.

Don't worry-I have an interview next week with my airline of choice. If that doesn't work out I am getting out of the airlines...but make no mistake, I would NEVER go to G-Jets!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back