Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just my perhaps naive perspective,
I would not go to a company that produces this much adversity when its name comes up. Red flags should be popping out! I'm sure that even GJ has some nice people to work with, but the overall verdict on this outfit is not one I'd want to be associated with. Will it ruin your long term goals? Thats tough to say. But do you really wanna find that out when your sitting in front of that interviewer or waiting for that decision call?

I'm certain that there are lots of ex TSArs at most of the airlines, especially the ones that are currently hiring. Got a couple of buds that just got on. Will they have any influence on anyone's future? Could potentially happen at a couple of outfits where your name is posted for everyone to scrutinize, who knows. The point is, you have many options available to you RIGHT NOW. Don't go to an outfit that could potentially bring you headaches in the future. Clearly, GJ is a name that many in this industry relate to whipsawing, union busting and maybe a few other things. Even with the state of our unions today, some people will simply never accept this airline and its pilots in its current form.

MINIME said:
Will it ruin your long term goals? Thats tough to say. But do you really wanna find that out when your sitting in front of that interviewer or waiting for that decision call?

Seems that the stigma of the GJItis is only at the regional level since they are getting hired into the majors and LCC's that are hiring. I've spoken to several of our guys that have gone to greener pastures to find an Ex GJ pilot along side with them in class.

Doesn't look like your anti GJ campaign in producing results.

rjacobs said:
I got the call for the furlough as well today. I AM NOT GOING TO BLOWJETS. I am unsure what I am going to do, but that is not it. I was thinking about it though and then wreek havoc at that airline, get wasted on all the overnights and run around the hotel, general mayhem. I am not going there however. I think express jet if I can get an interview.
Thank you for telling us what you are going to do, we will all sleep better at night knowing what your plans are. Getting waaaaassssstttteeeed huh? What else is new.

swordfish said:
2. Go Jet is not the cause of the current furloughs at tsa; the airplanes that are being parked are the planes that use to be on the US Airways contract. When it went away TSA tried to get a fee for departure contract with united, but the best united offer was out station point to point which has made no money for TSA. Hence parking airplanes = furloughs.

3. Go Jet is not taking over any of TSA United flying Go Jet contract is a ten year fee for departure contract. All Go Jet plane must fly in united hub system, SAT-DEN, SAT-ORD and SAT-IAD. Example of TSA contract for left over US Airways airplane was SAT-TUL, STL-SAT which was on a month to month lease of out station flying.

4. Currently Go Jet has been a great.
Swordfish

I cannot let you get away with this lie! We at TSA were told that we are parking the airplanes because the SAT flying we just started was not profitable. So why now all of the growth at G0JET out of SAT? Wow. The latest update from our MEC said that none of our SAT FLYING was going to G0jet. HMMMMMMM.

The fact is G0jet IS taking TSA FLYING, all of the G0JETERS are really excited and TSA which funded the whole operation will soon be bankrupt.

Great news, great place. I was just at flightsafety to take a checkride (to be displaced to the right seat) and the whole time big beaming smiling faces with g0jet name tags on.

I don't know what will happen, but I will assure you this, no TSA pilot will ever loose their list of g0jet suckwads. Remember that because the more that are furloughed at TSA, the more pilots out there at other companies to make sure you all stay at g0jet.

Dumb Pilot said:
...since they are getting hired into the majors and LCC's that are hiring.

I dont know about Jetblue, but Southwest and Airtran both post lists in the crew lounges and the training center of people who have been approved or recommended for interviews along with who recommended them and what airline they come from.

At the top of the list is a statement asking pilots if they have any concerns or comments about the people on the list to send an email, to the recruiting department, it then lists their email addresses. All it takes is one bad email and you wont be called. There are a lot of Trans States Pilots here (and Im sure at Southwest and Jetblue too) and the ones I know have said that they would send an email right away, myself included, if they saw "Go-Jet Airlines" anywhere on that list. If you dont think going to Go-Jet has an affect on your career, you are very wrong.

Last edited:
flyinsick,

First, from some of the questions you've asked, and your temperment about it after getting furloughed, it makes it tough to imagine you are actually a pilot at all. You sound a little like GJ mgmt trying to softly steer concensus towards GJ actually being an OK place to work. I assure you it is not. If you want anything out of this career in the long run you and everyone else would do well to stay away. But really, blaming your furlough on your fellow pilots flying extra hours is truly sweet of you. There are other flying jobs, and if necessary, non-flying jobs out there that will rest on your conscience far more easily than GJ. If you are in fact a pilot, good luck, my apologies, and run like he11 from TS Holdings.

Airtran717 said:
I dont know about Jetblue, but Southwest and Airtran both post lists in the crew lounges and the training center of people who have been approved or recommended for interviews along with who recommended them and what airline they come from.

At the top of the list is a statement asking pilots if they have any concerns or comments about the people on the list to send an email, to the recruiting department, it then lists their email addresses. All it takes is one bad email and you wont be called. There are a lot of Trans States Pilots here (and Im sure at Southwest and Jetblue too) and the ones I know have said that they would send an email right away, myself included, if they saw "Go-Jet Airlines" anywhere on that list. If you dont think going to Go-Jet has an affect on your career, you are very wrong.

Then why have two pilots from GJ already been hired there in the last two months????

spiffomatic said:
flyinsick,

First, from some of the questions you've asked, and your temperment about it after getting furloughed, it makes it tough to imagine you are actually a pilot at all. You sound a little like GJ mgmt trying to softly steer concensus towards GJ actually being an OK place to work. I assure you it is not. If you want anything out of this career in the long run you and everyone else would do well to stay away. But really, blaming your furlough on your fellow pilots flying extra hours is truly sweet of you. There are other flying jobs, and if necessary, non-flying jobs out there that will rest on your conscience far more easily than GJ. If you are in fact a pilot, good luck, my apologies, and run like he11 from TS Holdings.
Your right, I'm really not much of a pilot. but can't we all just be one big happy TSA holdings family? J/K I want to try to think out of the box once in a while. I did not mean to offend anyone. But seriously, could there be more than one reason there are furloughs at TSA?

Dumb Pilot said:
Seems that the stigma of the GJItis is only at the regional level since they are getting hired into the majors and LCC's that are hiring. I've spoken to several of our guys that have gone to greener pastures to find an Ex GJ pilot along side with them in class.

Doesn't look like your anti GJ campaign in producing results.

I respectfully disagree with you.

Call it what you will, but the things that many have pointed out about your airline are true. I realize that we all need jobs to feed our families. But there has to be a moral line somewhere in the mix. When your airline is growing at the expense of eventually all of us, (yes I know, not the first time in history) then I feel that I have a moral obligation to at least try to present what I believe are facts about an outfit such as yours. Am I wrong for doing this? I guess time will tell. For my sake and that of every pilot in this industry, I hope I am wrong!

In the mean time, the word is out to quite a few. The so called campaign must be having some effect since the one time I personally saw one of you, the guy could not have made it more obvious that he was doing everything in his power to hide anything that said GJ on it. Is that the way any of us want to live? I think not. I believe there have been many other examples posted on this board of such occurrences. So my question to you is, if you believe in your gut that you're not doing anything wrong by accepting a job there, why do so many of you guys try to hide who you work for? Tell me how GJ is not going to affect my MEC when it comes time for them to negotiate a better wage for me. Tell me how GJ is not going to play a role if and when my company tries to start an alter ego of its own to go around my pay? Tell me how GJ is going to help my company pay me industry leading or at least average wages?

Latest resources

Back