Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm getting Furloughed From TSA & I'm thinking Go Jet.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rsspilot said:
Interesting how this guy keeps talking about gj pilots walking with no hats on...id's hidden and wings pulled off.....than how the hell did he know it was a gj pilot.

Two reasons. One is process of elimination. Pilots for every other carrier that flies in that concourse, be it TSA, Shuttle America, Skywest, Mesa, probably one or two I forgot, have no problem wearing their ID out in the open, and I never see anyone from those companies wearing wingless jackets. Second reason is simple logic. If I see a guy coming from a gate where a GJ plane is parked (not in the process of de-planing), then logically that guy would be a GJ pilot.

rsspilot said:
Interesting how this guy keeps talking about gj pilots walking with no hats on...id's hidden and wings pulled off.....than how the hell did he know it was a gj pilot.....just more typical anti gj bs lies. Block or better....just went form sat...to iad....blocked 3hr 15 min....took 245...got paid thirty more minutes for nothing....united gives us a very liberal block and we dont want block or better because they will then tighten the block.

It is very obvious you haven't been in this industry very long. The phrase 'block or better' means that if you would have blocked 4 hours that you would have been paid 4 hours instead of 3hr 15 min. You don't want that?! I wonder, can you hear everyone laughing at you? Can you hear the laughter?

I have seen GJ folks getting off the plane after the pax hiding their ids. Maybe it was you. If you are a pilot and not management. Also think of this. TSA is your sister company. How TSH treats their contract is how they will treat whatever contract you get. Look at the history of this.

rsspilot said:
Block or better....just went form sat...to iad....blocked 3hr 15 min....took 245...got paid thirty more minutes for nothing....united gives us a very liberal block and we dont want block or better because they will then tighten the block.

what a retard. I just looked up some times from a day on one of my United trips earlier in the month (since united flying is what you are taking from us right now causing me to get furloughed). I flew a flight from SYR to IAD blocked at 1:25 due to a ground stop at IAD the actual time was 2:56 and we were paid for 2:56. Later in the day the weather had cleared and we flew from IAD-TYS which was blocked at 1:30. It only took 1:21 and we were paid for 1:30. So for those two legs I was paid 4:26 while once you guys take it over you would have been paid 2:55. That dollar an hour more you make than us looks great doesn't it.

Let me put it in perspective for you sparky. You are only making what? $58 dollars an hour? I make $1.10 A MINUTE.. and my clock doesnt stop until I get to the gate and the door opens!!

Hell, if I block in 4 minutes over scheduled time on a trip blocked at 1 : 00, I just made as much as a 9 year Go-Jet captain.

GET IT NOW?

Last edited:
TSA Pilot said:
Let me put it in perspective for you sparky. You are only making what? $58 dollars an hour? I make $1.10 A MINUTE.. and my clock doesnt stop until I get to the gate and the door opens!!

Hell, if I block in 4 minutes over scheduled time on a trip blocked at 1 : 00, I just made as much as a 9 year Go-Jet captain.

GET IT NOW?

nice!:beer:

rsspilot said:
Yes....and legal work actions are SCHOCKINGLY.........................LEGAL.
rsspilot said:
No go do your job....enjoy it and quit hating the world......your only raising your own blood pressure and gonna give yourself a heart attack.....You didnt want the flying....what a surprise.....you dont have it. NOBODY TO BLAME BUT YOURSELF.....LIVE WITH YOUR DECISION AND MOVE ON.

Please name ONE legal work action, besides a strike after a 30 day cooling off period.

Oh, and the liberal block times statement, that's a good one. Keep dreaming. Those block times will be whittled down.

TSA Pilot said:
I make $1.10 A MINUTE.. and my clock doesnt stop until I get to the gate and the door opens!!

GET IT NOW?

untill you are displaced back to a FO after the 70 seaters are doing all the united flying :beer: , because you didn't vote yes. enjoy the $1.10 a minute while it lasts.

TSA Pilot said:

GET IT NOW?

Excellent one TSA Pilot!! :beer:

Turbosnake, even as an FO they will still get paid by the minute..:laugh: and we wont have to turn our badges backwards.

you still dont get it do you?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back