• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep right up until you have a problem with your ticket or the machines are down. Then you're effed in the A trying to get an actual human to help you out.

So e-ticket machines are convenient and they shorten wait times in line significantly (I can't remember the last time I waited more than 15 minutes in line, I think it was over 10 years ago), but you're still gonna complain about e-ticket machines because one time out of a hundred you might have a problem with your ticket??? If you want it your way all the time, I suggest you charter your own airplane. It will only cost you about $6000 and it still won't guarantee no problems, but at least you won't have to fly on the airlines.

In my last job, which I left last September, I travelled on airline tickets about 5 times a month. I travelled so much that I got 4 free round trip frequent flyer tickets in one year. Actually, make that 5, I forgot about the free AA ticket I haven't used yet.
Only one time did I ever have a problem with my ticket. I had it fixed with very little wait and I checked in at the counter just fine.

Like I said, some people will complain about anything when it comes to the airlines; and for no good reason.

Last edited:
Razor, your insight here is priceless. But you're really needed back over on the Majors board. Not that you're wanted anywhere.

Thanks! Silly me...for some reason I thought it appropriate for an airline pilot to comment on a airline topic. If the thread topic was merely a clever ruse to dupe unsuspecting pilots into a discussion where most participants are blissfully unaware of what the future holds for them...well done!

Doesn't matter. Proximity to the noisemaker matters. Know of any curfews that affect bizjets at non-121 airports?

Actually, We The People call the shots (I looked it up!). That means SMO can pass an ordinance restricting bizjets regardless of how loudly the "money" was talking. That means states can pile-on taxes and fees...and it means people squawking about "rich folk" not getting wanded at Signature is going to result in you barefoot and grumbling on your way to work.

Don't think for a second the ATA and other groups aren't aware of what's happening.

Dearest Occam,

On point one... yes, I do. Several... too many to list actually. Most are driven my proximity of the airport to housing and would be in place regardless of the operating rules followed.

On the second point... I'm not defending or attacking "We The People". I simply know that those with money would sooner wipe their ass with those words than be inconvenienced by those who don't have the same options they enjoy. I see it every day I am at work. "That is soooo 200 years ago" is the attitude.

Again, not defending it or attacking it. If you really take a look at how things work out in this country, it's towards and for big money. Every time.

The ban in SMO, ironically, is designed to affect the size of the aircraft, not the loudness. It limits aircraft based on Approach Category so a CE560 (with it's loud noisemakers) can come in all day but a CE750 with quieter Rolls Royce engines is prohibited.

Funny stuff. Oh! And the FAA has overruled the SMO city council ban anyway so the entire example is moot.

Thanks! Silly me...for some reason I thought it appropriate for an airline pilot to comment on a airline topic. If the thread topic was merely a clever ruse to dupe unsuspecting pilots into a discussion where most participants are blissfully unaware of what the future holds for them...well done!

I think it's great you are here. I comment on the majors section all the time as I have experience in moth arenas.

In this one though, money rules. Again... I live it every workday.

So e-ticket machines are convenient and they shorten wait times in line significantly (I can't remember the last time I waited more than 15 minutes in line, I think it was over 10 years ago), but you're still gonna complain about e-ticket machines because one time out of a hundred you might have a problem with your ticket??? If you want it your way all the time, I suggest you charter your own airplane. It will only cost you about $6000 and it still won't guarantee no problems, but at least you won't have to fly on the airlines.

In my last job, which I left last September, I travelled on airline tickets about 5 times a month. I travelled so much that I got 4 free round trip frequent flyer tickets in one year. Actually, make that 5, I forgot about the free AA ticket I haven't used yet.
Only one time did I ever have a problem with my ticket. I had it fixed with very little wait and I checked in at the counter just fine.

Like I said, some people will complain about anything when it comes to the airlines; and for no good reason.

You really think it's one time out of 100 that the airlines experience a problem? Not just when your E-ticket doesn't come through but ANY problem. Or was I just imagining things when I stood in line for an hour after my flight cancelled last tour? (one, count it one agent at the gate to handle a 757 full of people needing to be rebooked). Nah it must be just me - those "worst ever customer service" rankings you see in the news is all made up in my head. :)

I pissed off airline employee......Thats rare:p
Who would not be pissed? Did you read the two editorials in the USA today yesterday? Two direct quotes regarding AA's $15 bag fee:

"I'd like to see an itemized bill for the outrageous airfares. I want to know exactly how the money is spent."

"Can we charge the airline for every incompetant or rude employee who works in the service industry?"

Cletus gets a cross country ticket for 200 bucks and suddenly has discriminating tastes and he demands satisfaction!

I wouldn't put up with that garbage and I feel sorry for the pilots who have to.

I've found that most passengers will complain about anything when it comes to the airlines, even if there's no basis for it.
No basis??? Riiiiiiiight.

CSA treating pax like they are interfering with their jobs.
First class seating decreased to 2-3 rows instead of 6-8.
Meals eliminated from coach
Meals eliminated from FC
Snacks now eliminated from coach
Charging for bags
Charging for snacks
Flight attendant numbers decreased to minimum FAA requirements.
Continuous onslaught of VISA app solicitations in flight.
Advertising stickers on tray tables
Advertising on cabin monitors
Windows that haven't been cleaned (inside cabin)..ie..greasy head/hand prints.
Tray tables that aren't cleaned
Uncleaned lavatories
Seats and carpets that are no longer vacuumed.
Trapping pax on planes for 5+ hours on tarmacs
Addition of 1100+ regional jets/retirement of 400+ mainline jets
Airlines scheduling multiple departures win thin minutes of each other (and blaming private a/c)
Gate agents not showing up until 5 mins before departure, then saying they don't have time to help.
Gate agents not making announcements about delays/changes.

Face it. The airlines dropped the ball. Man up and fix it and quit blaming your problems on your passengers and private jets.

Who would not be pissed? Did you read the two editorials in the USA today yesterday? Two direct quotes regarding AA's $15 bag fee:

"I'd like to see an itemized bill for the outrageous airfares. I want to know exactly how the money is spent."

"Can we charge the airline for every incompetant or rude employee who works in the service industry?"

Cletus gets a cross country ticket for 200 bucks and suddenly has discriminating tastes and he demands satisfaction!

I wouldn't put up with that garbage and I feel sorry for the pilots who have to.

Sorry I was going to mess with that razor guy but I dicked up my statement. It should have read "A pissed off airline employee......That Rare" Note the sarcasm. :cartman:

Latest resources

Back