• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On last week's rotation, I flew on US Airways, JetBlue, and Southwest. For comfort and entertainment, JetBlue was clearly the winner. Southwest was OK - but the flight wasn't full. US Airways was.....well, US Airways: crowded, cramped, and not too friendly. I did appreciate the full can of Diet Coke, however. Service on the airlines will only improve when we choose it over price when making our selections - and I don't think that's going to happen in the fractional world any time soon. (Can you imagine asking crew scheduling to move you from US Airways to Jet Blue "so I can get a bigger seat and a TV"?)

Any one else notice that Delta's MD-88's have more legroom on the 2 seat side? There are less rows over there than on the 3 seat side.

Yeah but you stretch your legs at 1A on the 1900 and the door opens up. :)

The airlines suck, the FA's hate their jobs, and the TSA make it worse.

The only good thing when I airline to work is knowing that the TSA and the airline industry is job security.

strongunions effort to get a large number of gateways for the NJA was possible in part because of airline travel....

Economy travel on airlines stinks... nothing great about it.... not sure what whining about it does...

Guess what Rez, International Business Class travel on U.S. carriers stinks too. 14 hours 45 minutes on Untied last week. Two words for you: BRU TAL. Domestic First Class is barely better than a coach seat.

Diesel is right on the mark. Every time I pass through a commercial terminal, the main thing that runs through my feeble excuse of a brain is job security.

And now, $15 bucks to check a bag will be the law of the land by next Friday. Wait til you see the body bags and steamer trunks these yahoos will try and stuff in the overhead now. Thanks American! Just charge more for the tickets you schmucks.

Guess what Rez, International Business Class travel on U.S. carriers stinks too. 14 hours 45 minutes on Untied last week. Two words for you: BRU TAL. Domestic First Class is barely better than a coach seat.
No way in hell is any first class seat anywhere near "barely better" than any coach seat. You must not travel coach much these days. I'll take that "barely better" first class seat any day.
And now, $15 bucks to check a bag will be the law of the land by next Friday. Wait til you see the body bags and steamer trunks these yahoos will try and stuff in the overhead now. Thanks American! Just charge more for the tickets you schmucks.
All they're doing is creating the illusion that they're not raising fares, and letting John Q Public think it's up to him to decide whether he pays the extra or not, by what he does with his bag. Yep, overhead space will be GONE quickly.

No way in hell is any first class seat anywhere near "barely better" than any coach seat. You must not travel coach much these days. I'll take that "barely better" first class seat any day.

Nothing but coach on domestic flights, Grump. I don't live in a fortress hub with Gold or Platinum upgrade status. Yesterday, the flight was so full, they HAD to buy me a domestic First Class seat. Nothing to write home about, but I agree I'll take it when offered.

strongunions effort to get a large number of gateways for the NJA was possible in part because of airline travel....

Economy travel on airlines stinks... nothing great about it.... not sure what whining about it does...

What's your problem, Rez? People like to vent a little bit. While our job is great and this is partly due to the travel infrastructure in the good ol' US, airlining still sucks. All the good parts of our job doesn't change that. And the steps that airlines are taking now just increases the misery.

So get off your soapbox about how good we have it. We know we have it good. Move on and let us cry on each other's shoulders.

I spent 10hrs on a new england to Hawaii leg in Ahem Delta Domestic first class. lets see the seat went back 5 inches but was wider than normal. Unreal.

Although Continental from Europe to EWR with the fuel stop in goosebay on a 757 was about just as brutal.

The fights for the overhead are going to be brutal. I wonder if you have to gate check your bag will you have to pay? Also the lines at the checkin counter are going to be a mile long trying to pay for all these new "fees".

Sigh

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back