I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2A for this guy. :)

I don't like 1a because of the bulkhead.

Of course for the last couple of weeks I've been getting 1A. Sadly its a 1900 to hpn. :)

Wow... the airlines sure do suck for your frac guys...

Maybe everyone would like to move to about 5 specific cities the company chooses...

Oh wait... NJA tried that....

you get to choose to live in allot of places... and that is worth the center or window seat many times... so the airlines stink....but not really...

Yeah, like that'll happen with pilots.:rolleyes:

PS- Riding the airlines does stink! Just because it's part of the job doesn't mean it's enjoyable. Or that anyone will ever stop complaining about it.

You are missing the point....

If it wasn't for the airlines your choices to live would be limited. That alone is worth it...

Fact is... without the airlines the frac job wouldn't be worth it...

Consider how effective the Frac business model would be w/o the airlines. Then consider how good the frac pilot job would be...

So the window and center seat stink... but not really... small inconvenience for a great job.

If it wasn't for the airlines your choices to live would be limited. That alone is worth it...

Consider how effective the Frac business model would be w/o the airlines. Then consider how good the frac pilot job would be...

So the window and center seat stink... but not really... small inconvenience for a great job.

I am convinced that we are eventually moving toward using ferry flights for crew transport. Maybe when are one big happy family.

Actually, I prefer the window seat. And other than yourself, I challenge you to find one single individual who would prefer a center seat. It does stink.

As for making the fracs a better job, I can't argue that the airlines aid in that department. But sorry, they aren't the be-all and end-all for the fracs.

Great wages and benefits along with a good schedule make the fracs what they are. It's only speculation on my part, but I'd put good money on the a guess that had we had the wages , benefits, and schedules 5 years ago that we do now, NJA wouldn't have needed more than 5 bases because folks would still be flocking here for work. Look at the other fracs. They don't have nearly the number of bases we do, but are experiencing good positive growth, and the increase in pilots that comes with it, without lots of bases. What they have (not including FLOPS) are good wages, benefits, and schedules.

And yes, we do use the airlines to get from our home bases to work and back, we'd still get by without them. Probably fewer bases, and a decrease in efficiency, as we'd have to ferry the planes more to move crews, but NJA started out like that and I'm sure they could figure out a solution to make it work again.

All the bases are nice, but they really aren't the biggest reason most folks are coming to work here.

Anyway, the whole point of the thread is that while riding on the airlines is a necessary evil, and will continue to be so, it still is the worst part of the job (which to me means that the job is pretty darn good!). No matter how much they aid in making the job better, it still sucks to ride on them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back