I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RTRHD

I guess US Scare started charging more for aisle seats. So when I get my fully refundable ticket from MRY-IAH for $ 170.00 I get stuck in the window seat of two packed flights. I almost went nuts,that is a miserable experience. Has anyone else noticed this happening.

Nickel and diming your customers is no way to maintain loyality, or provide customer service. If they need more money out of the fares, they should charge what they SHOULD be charging across the board.

The good news is the more they pull this crap, the more people they send our way.

Heck the fat guys in aisle never have to pee either. I swear they moved those airbus seat closer together.

Actually, the A320 fuselage allows for 1" more seat room across each seat than the Boeing tube.

Sorry, America must have gotten fatter. :nuts:

I guess US Scare started charging more for aisle seats. So when I get my fully refundable ticket from MRY-IAH for $ 170.00 I get stuck in the window seat of two packed flights. I almost went nuts,that is a miserable experience. Has anyone else noticed this happening.

Good to see you the other day amigo. I feel your pain with the window or middle seat thing. Try it from EWR to the left coast some time :uzi:

In the future, I think I'm going to pull out the company card and pay for the aisle on the long flights and expense it. The worst they can do is say no.....

Nickel and diming your customers is no way to maintain loyality, or provide customer service. If they need more money out of the fares, they should charge what they SHOULD be charging across the board.

The good news is the more they pull this crap, the more people they send our way.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but all of the Airlines are starting to charge for extra legroom, extra bags, and I think they should. Fares shloud absolutely be higher, this is just a tactic by management to say hey we have $89 fares, then in small print , taxes, airport fees, excess baggage fees, fuel surcharges, extra legroom charges, aisle seats, blah blah blah not included.. Also the people that are buying $89 dollar fares are not the people that are going to buy into fractional ownership.

Actually, most of us agree the airlines need to charge more for the ticket. Just price it so that it is included in the fare and not an add-on that we end up paying if we don't want to be stuck between Mutt and Jeff across the country.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but all of the Airlines are starting to charge for extra legroom, extra bags, and I think they should. Fares shloud absolutely be higher, this is just a tactic by management to say hey we have $89 fares, then in small print , taxes, airport fees, excess baggage fees, fuel surcharges, extra legroom charges, aisle seats, blah blah blah not included.. Also the people that are buying $89 dollar fares are not the people that are going to buy into fractional ownership.

There are fractional owners that fly commercially. We are not their only mode of transportation. Nickel and dime tactics are gong to piss off some more people to send our way. I say let them do it. Every time I go by the lost baggage counter and see a pile of lost bags, I see $$$$$$$ for us.

gunshotdraw, glad you see my point.

Latest resources

Back