Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Typhoon1244

Member in Good Standing
I guess this is my night to post new threads! :)

I was just sitting here thinking about all those things I have never ever done in all my years in aviation, and in the spirit of MetroSheriff's "You might be a regional pilot..." thread, I decided to solicit from all of you the seeds of your perfection.

What am I talking about? I want to hear about the mistakes you've never personally made, but can imagine how they could easily happen. For example:

I have never...

(1) made a lousy landing,

(2) transmitted on the wrong radio,

(3) asked "who was that for?"

(4) forgotten my flight number.

Give it a try. It's fun, and good for your ego!

I must be dense I thaught it was for real...

Last edited:
Very good, and I'm sure you guys have never done those things...but I think you missed my point.

(If you really believe I've never mad a bad landing or talked on the wrong radio, I've got some teriffic land to sell you...!)

I'm in the market for a bridge or two. :D

I have never had a "good" student almost kill me......

I have never went drinking all night and come home to try and type on my cpu...................wait i'm lying......

sorry

Ive never coerced a flight attendant to take off her top (and bra) in the flight deck..............

I have never shown up late for a flight...

I have never shown up on the wrong frick'en day for a flight..

I have never show up for work with 2 different shoes on..( it was dark and they were the same color)

I have never made a hard landing...( who's bright idea was it to put a "G" meter in the GIV and to Rocky I said I was sorry about those dentist bills, give it a rest).

I have never not checked notams...

I could go on for a week with this but I'm lucky enough to be going to work............

Beavis said:
Ive never coerced a flight attendant to take off her top (and bra) in the flight deck...
What was her name? (I think she may be at my company now...)

Anyway...

Interesting note: operationally speaking, the push-to-talk switches on the Brasilia and C.R.J. are exact opposites. That is, on the '120, you push up to talk on the radio and down to talk on the interphone. On the R.J., it's the other way around.

But I assure you, I've never, never messed that up! But I can see how it could be done. (It would sure be embarassing to say something like, "check out the t!ts on her" on SDF ground control.)

(Ground's reply: "Where?")

Oh...I've never lied to crew scheduling, either.

Last edited:
well this thread reminds of a funny thing that did happen. after runup i called the tower for takeoff clearance. the tower didn't respond. so i hit the button again and still no response. after a while my instructor noticed light signals coming from the tower for landing aircraft. we were both cussing at the tower.

i hit the button again and i hear the tower say cessna shut off your radio.

as it turned out our mike button was stuck "hot" and every cuss word and thing we said went over the airwaves.

my instructor had to call the tower but nothing was mentioned about cussing, just get the radio fixed please.

Latest resources

Back