Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VNugget said:
"Salinas traffic, Skyhawk 92E crossing the, uh...ah, the.. other runway"

Oh yeah, that never happened either... at least it WASN'T on the wrong frequency ;)

I have never wondered which way the fuel dump went, guessed
incorrectly, and dumped fuel all over my instructor's shoes. (But then
again, he never tested the landing gear by pushing against it while I
was checking the fuel tank, not causing me to almost lose my balance
and fall off the airplane. But if he had, we would have been even.)

I have never flown from California to OSH with some pilot buddies in a C-310 with nothing but a stack of expired AF/D's and a 2 year old Rand McNalley road atlas.

I have never hit the ground or a tree while spraying crops.

I have never sprayed a field without forgetting to put my belts on.

I have never stalled on a banner pickup.

I have never been lost while flying an Ag-Cat in Louisiana.

I have never flown across 3/4 of the state of Texas at 10 feet while ferrying a Skybolt. I also didn't land in Pecos with 50 kts of wind in a blowing dust storm.

I have never done a "Low approach" in a C-340 at 2am to wake my buddy up who lived next to the airport.

I have never landed a 7KCAB on a remote control airstrip.

I have never landed at night at on an unlit runway.

Texan Driver said:
I have never flown from California to OSH with some pilot buddies in a C-310 with nothing but a stack of expired AF/D's and a 2 year old Rand McNalley road atlas.
(snip)
I have never landed a 7KCAB on a remote control airstrip.

I have never landed at night at on an unlit runway.
you would be my kind of pilot, but you've never done this stuff.

I've never managed to "get" fuel out of a unattended tank in the middle of Eastern Colorado (maybe that was Kansas), with no one around and not enough to make it anywhere else. and yes - I left the guy some cash... doh! would have left cash...

???????

I have never called from a C150 while on fire patrol and told the FBO girl that I was a Gulfstream and was going to need my catering and a real fast quick turn when I landed.

I also have never landed at a military base thinking I was somewhere else.

I certainly have never turned down the radio while in position and hold at the end of a runway (causing many small aircraft to go around), while waiting for my takeoff clearance.

I have never slammed my bosses plane down on the runway so hard that our headsets came off.

I have also never done aileron rolls in my bosses personal plane.

I have never flown an NDB approach at night in heavy rain, low clouds without my approach charts. (that would be really stupid, especially since I never failed my instrument checkride on that same approach).

I have never cut the power in a Cessna 172 and screamed to my paying passengers "We're gonna die!!!"

Ahhh, the memories of things I have never done.

I have never turned off the wrong magneto during an actual engine shutdown as part of the secure checklist while training.

I've never looped a 172 .

I've never called center to open up my VFR flight plan.

I've never had to increase my altitude to miss trees.

I've never induced zero g's to watch the dog in the back of the 150 experience weightlessness.

I never clipped through an edge of the ORD TCA on the way into Meigs...and the Meigs tower guy never told me that he got a call from ORD about it. I would thank the the ORD controllers and their sup for being so nice and professional about their verbal warning and not wanting to know my name...but since it didn't happen, I never got the chance.

fastandlow said:
you would be my kind of pilot, but you've never done this stuff.

I've never managed to "get" fuel out of a unattended tank in the middle of Eastern Colorado (maybe that was Kansas), with no one around and not enough to make it anywhere else. and yes - I left the guy some cash... doh! would have left cash...

Nor have I drained fuel from a Mohawk Convair and dumped it into my TriPacer.

Latest resources

Back