I have never...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Originally posted by ILLINI
When I was an instructor I NEVER told new students that they had to test the pitot tube by blowing into it. Absolutely hilarious to see your student with their lips wrapped around the pitot tube!
I hope the pitot heat had been off for a while. OUCH! :eek:

My wife just reminded me that, as a new first officer, I never accidently broke a static wick off a Brasilia while explaining to her what it was. ("Whoops! Hey ops, send maintenance out here. This plane's missing a static wick.")

Last edited:
I have never used my company call sign when flying Cessna

I have never given the entire pax briefing to center

I have never landed the EMB145 on a 5000' runway with 50 pax and only use 3000'

I have never asked the cute sounding ramp controler at CYUL to say something in french for us.

I have never pressed the fire test button in flight while the captain is resting.

It seems that many of you have never done a lot of the same things that I have never done. A few more though...

... I have never used the GPWS test function to wake the captain up

...I never violate sterile cockpit

... I never forget my customs notification when going to Canada (pt 91)

... I have never put my bags in the wrong aircraft, preflighted it, and then left them there when I went over to the correct aircraft.

... I have never forgotten to turn off the yaw damp and then wondered why the plane was so hard to taxi.

... I have never "accidentally" pulled the power levers into reverse in order to give the offending ramper a "blow job".

achick said:
I have never had sex with a pilot and would NEVER consider doing so.
:rolleyes: Your loss...

That reminds me, my wife never said that flying in a Brasilia is a great aphrodisiac. (Something to do with the vibration...probably should have named our son "Hamilton Standard.")

I've never spun a Piper Tomahawk.
And I sure didn't 'never do that' with 2 planes on each side filming the whole thing. I didn't want proof when people told me I was full of it. :)

Then again, I NEVER had an "idiot/I'm gonna go try and see how close I can come to ending up a smoking hole" phase....even if it was....er.....wasn't only a couple of actions.

I've never turned a 'preselected' field into my own airport.

Never flew my Commercial Long solo XC in formation to a flight of 2 landing.

Geeze, it's a good thing we're all perfect.

T-hawk

While jumpseating on a major cargo carrier, I never woke the 3 man crew up by slamming the cockpit door as I backed out.

I never forgot to retract the flaps on a touch&go.

I never retracted the flaps all the way on a touch&go.

I never heard a charter lear respond to Chicago center clearing them "direct Arapahoe". With, "say indentifier". I never heard the Center controllers response of, "Delta, Echo, Sierre, Tango, India, November, Alpha, Tango, India, Oscar, November".

Last edited:
Starcheck said:
While jumpseating on a major cargo carrier, I never woke the
I never heard a charter lear respond to Chicago center clearing them "direct Arapahoe". With, "say indentifier". I never heard the Center controllers response of, "Delta, Echo, Sierre, Tango, India, November, Alpha, Tango, India, Alpha, November".

DESTINATIAN???;)

for you starcheck:
I never took off all flaps on short final (about 15ft agl) after deciding not to land. Thank God for ground effect.

I never flew -5 feet agl(or bgl as case would be) in a dried out river bed.

I've NEVER landed a Beech 1900 C on a 2800 foot runway and only used 1100 feet or so...

I've NEVER accidentally put one of the mike switches on O2 when I was leaving and found out the next crew took a 2 hour delay while MX tried to figure out why the intercom system wasn't working.. Oops.

I've NEVER accidentally told my FO what a piece of cr@p airplane we were flying while on PA.

I've NEVER listened to a Pakistani sounding controller and accidentally found myself talking back to him in his native tongue. (He was a good sport about it)

When I was an instructor I NEVER told new students that they had to test the pitot tube by blowing into it. Absolutely hilarious to see your student with their lips wrapped around the pitot tube!

Likewise, when I was an instructor, I NEVER told my new students they had to test the stall warning on a C172 by sucking on the hole real hard!

Re: Great Post

Buckatuna said:
Just to add a little military flavor to a great thread.

- I've never have flown supersonic over a populated area, and destroyed all the windows at a car dealership

He he, got that one beat. Old folks home for me. Thus endith my airshow exhibitions in that unit.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back