I have never...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jim said:
Airspeed308, I'd say you are a fool if you did this and an unsafe pilot.
Relax, man, he said he didn't do it.

And if he did, well, let's take him out back and shoot him. ;)

I am not trying to condone reckless flying. Absolutely irresponsible. But I also recognize that almost all of us, probably early on, went through a daredevil phase. It usually doesn't last...actually, it can't last if you plan on having a successful career in aviation.

For me, it took grinding through a narrow valley in a '152 at about thirty feet A.G.L., fifteen degrees nose up, about forty knots. Never mind how I got there...I was trying to do something cool, I think. I soon realized, "if I keep f___ing around like this, I'm going to get killed."

The ideal is for one to come to this realization before they even start flying. If that doesn't happen, then you just have to hope that they see the light before they wipe out a bunch of people...or a beautiful landmark.

BUT, HEY...this is supposed to be a fun thread. Where were we...?

Last edited:
#1 I have never stated " that controller is a jacka$$ and couldn't control his way through a space invaders game" while the mic buttons was stuck on hot.

I think I was number 35 for TO that day.

#2 I have never thought that the dumba$$ not answering his ATC calls needed to pull his head outta his butt only to figure out ATC was calling me. (-**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** rentals with their different tail numbers.)

I guess that was payback for #1.

#3 I never took off and looked to my left to see all the gas coming outta the left tank because I forgot to put the gas cap back on.

aero99 said:
I have never thought that the dumba$$ not answering his ATC calls needed to pull his head outta his butt only to figure out ATC was calling me.
I thought I was the only one who'd never done that!

I have never, since getting hired by an airline, rented an airplane and been unable to stop using my company's callsign...

"Approach, Acey Two-Zero...I mean Skyhawk Two-Zero-Victor..."

Last edited:
YEa, as soon as you start to say your company call sign you then figure out there is no FLT# to add to it. I hate when that happens.

Of all the times we get flustered at ATC, they get us back in the long run, dont they.

Chill out, Jim...you've got to remember that he never did that. Nobody ever loses their sense of humor on this board during a funny thread either. And they didnt forget their Midol this morning either.

Most of all...I'm sure Jim has NEVER done anything that could be construed as dangerous or illegal.

Last edited:
i have never called an airport "in sight" from 15 miles out on a hazy summer afternoon in order to get lower.

Jim, I said I never did those things, lighten up (I'm not that stupid!). But I have heard stories about Scenic Otters landing the wrong way (empty)at MV. And I have heard rumors about aircraft flying under Rainbow Bridge.

If you flew the Canyon then you should know that these are subjects that come up in a joking manner by just about all the pilots at some point in the season. Some could say that flying into MV at any time is dangerous. Chill out and remember this thread says "I have never....".

I never knew a captain who told a flight attendant the overhead spot light in the EMB-120 was a telescope used for shooting stars so he could accurately use terretrial navigation. When the Flight Attendant put her eye up to the little spot light at night, he turned it on to high intensity and blinded her. We never pick on the flight attendants, never.

let see...

-never used the FD for an "alarm clock" after a 2-1/2 hour flight into some godforsaken west texas town at 4 in the morning.

-never flown between storm cells after being prodded by the owner to "get it there on time" only to get pelted with hail and cause 7K in damage.

-never confused Houston Class B with DFW class B and gone way too high way too fast only to have ATC question if i am really at 3500 feet and not my assigned 2000 feet; thereby responding with the fastest nose dive you ever saw and telling ATC "the transponder must be malfuntioning, let me recycle it" and shut it off until im back at 2000.

-never blamed the line personnel for "putting the chocks back in" after i "removed" them shortly before

...agreed, this is kinda fun :)

Not quite a pilot, but aviation related.

Never recycled a parts quote through the fax machine for a co-woker to locate a 5 gal bucket of prop wash, or a couple of I-D- TEN-TANGOS.

Latest resources

Back