Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How is your MEC being open minded?

Crewing Solution's SmartPref has been around since about 2007. How many customers do they have? NONE

Flightline has been in business for about 15 years with many different products. ASA pilots used their line bidding system with the ability to sort from 1999 until early 2008, when Skywest forced their line bidding system on the pilot group.

In early 2009, PrefBid was introduced as a new PBS product and 2 customers were signed right off the bat. In late 2010, ASA signed on as the 3rd customer, and at the time, the largest customer. Since then, they had more than 5 other carriers sign on. Flightline is well established and was purchased by Sabre in early 2011. The product and Company is well established financially, and has the ability to offer necessary support.

The product is functional in real bidding and is well received by pilots at every airline that is a customer.

The ending is the same as the beginning: Crewing Solution's SmartPref has been around since about 2007. How many customers do they have? NONE

The ASA scheduling committee gave it a chance in doing evaluations--twice--in 2008 and then again in 2011/2012.

Quite simply, based on converations with some on that group, SmartPref does not measure up!

No customers, no support, and no proof that SmartPref can run in a live environment is enough evidence for me!

Have your scheduling guru provide feedback on why other airlines did not choose SmartPref in the last 5-6 years of marketing. There are many! Do you really want to be the guniea pig?

fixed er for ya, god this thread is getting olddddddddd! neither one y'all will budge so please let it die

They are just like me, Obama. Desperate! They are pulling out the stops to try to sell the ASA pilots on SP.

The Pep Boys.... McPickle, Nevets and dojetdriver. It's all about them. It's about control.

^^^^^^
What he said.

nevets - I still don't see you posting facts on how smartpref is so much better than Flightline, but there seems to be plenty of innuendo from your posts. You did state you had reviewed both systems, enlighten us.

never mind

Last edited:
Crewing Solution's SmartPref has been around since about 2007. How many customers do they have? NONE

Flightline has been in business for about 15 years with many different products. ASA pilots used their line bidding system with the ability to sort from 1999 until early 2008, when Skywest forced their line bidding system on the pilot group.

In early 2009, PrefBid was introduced as a new PBS product and 2 customers were signed right off the bat. In late 2010, ASA signed on as the 3rd customer, and at the time, the largest customer. Since then, they had more than 5 other carriers sign on. Flightline is well established and was purchased by Sabre in early 2011. The product and Company is well established financially, and has the ability to offer necessary support.

The product is functional in real bidding and is well received by pilots at every airline that is a customer.

The ending is the same as the beginning: Crewing Solution's SmartPref has been around since about 2007. How many customers do they have? NONE

The ASA scheduling committee gave it a chance in doing evaluations--twice--in 2008 and then again in 2011/2012.

Quite simply, based on converations with some on that group, SmartPref does not measure up!

No customers, no support, and no proof that SmartPref can run in a live environment is enough evidence for me!

Have your scheduling guru provide feedback on why other airlines did not choose SmartPref in the last 5-6 years of marketing. There are many! Do you really want to be the guniea pig?

If getting a power point presentation in 08 is as far as the Asa scheduling committee went back then, that's fine. But circumstances are VASTLY different now. The VERY LEAST they could've done this time around is give it an real hard honest look. And I'm not talking about this half a$$ trip they went on that go them this letter. I'm talking about actually researching the software, looking at the data from the xjt guys, taking the software home, running solutions, etc. It is painfully obvious that your guys did not want to even think about anything other than flight line. It took them months just to respond to this smartpref guy!

Why do you guys keep ignoring the fact that your MEC hasn't told you ANYTHING about smartpref? Why the XJT side is interested in it and why they aren't? Why haven't they provided their pilots with this overwhelming data of evidence against smartpref? Why have they been completely silent? Why is it you have to rely on the opinions of people on flight info rather than your MEC's?

We all know how merchant and speedtape feel about it. But why hasn't your MEC given the courtesy to the XJT MEC to give smartpref an honest look and then tell us all why they looked at it, how they looked at it, what they did to research, how they did it, and their final verdict?

Can ANYBODY answer???

ASA MEC doesn't communicate with anyone.

They are restricted to freely communicate because of the Merger Agreement. However, there are emails still going out and I noticed Pilot-to-Pilot volunteers in the crew lounge for the last few weeks.

If you want to know something, there are resources available if you choose to take the time.

If getting a power point presentation in 08 is as far as the Asa scheduling committee went back then, that's fine. But circumstances are VASTLY different now. The VERY LEAST they could've done this time around is give it an real hard honest look. And I'm not talking about this half a$$ trip they went on that go them this letter. I'm talking about actually researching the software, looking at the data from the xjt guys, taking the software home, running solutions, etc. It is painfully obvious that your guys did not want to even think about anything other than flight line. It took them months just to respond to this smartpref guy!

Where are all the other customers? The data is derived by a few people submitting bids and looking at the results, not from testing a fully operating system. I hope you get SmartPref. It will be your worst nightmare! Keep drinking the Kool-Aid, you have the stains all over your mouth! Would you buy a car without driving it?

Would you buy a car without driving it?

No, but if you had narrowed it down to 3 or 4 cars would you research the choices on Car & Driver, Edmunds, and other sources who's job it is to know, research, and understand cars? Or would you just say all those guys are idiots, and I will only look at this car because it's blue, just like my old one.

Latest resources

Back