Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, you actually didn't answer my questions. I know your position. I'm talking about your derelict MEC. But I guess they are like you and don't actually want to see the results and rather pretend you did and not communicate with their pilots on why supposedly it's bad.

Tell me, how exactly do you see acurate results without really running a bid? Our parallel bids weren't even accurate because everyone didn't participate.....You never now exactly how it will come out until you use it for real...

The fact that smartpref will take trips away from senior bidders and give them to junior bidders is a non starter over here plain and simple.....Sorry you don't like that but I really don't care...

I know support my MEC even more.

Never thought I'd see the day when you'd type that, Joey. I think you're getting soft in your old age. ;)

I'm just an outside observer here, and I know little about either PBS system, but I think people should listen to Joe on this one a little bit from the strategic point of view. As much as I disagree with him on some issues, the fact of the matter is, Joey has bargaining experience. Those who have spent a lot of time at a bargaining table trying to solve issues know that complete re-writes of agreements are always more difficult and prone to mistakes and errors than just trying to solve smaller issues with existing language, or in this case, an entire bidding system. It's easy to try to correct problems with an existing PBS that you've already used and are familiar with; it's difficult to even know what to negotiate for with a completely new system that no one has ever used before. You're likely to find out after it's already too late that the real life bids don't quite work out like the mock bids did, or like the simulations showed. Then, it's too late to fix unless the company is amenable to opening it up again, and that's unlikely unless you're willing to give them something in return.

Regardless, whatever you guys choose, I wish both pilot groups luck. Mergers are never easy.

Tell me, how exactly do you see acurate results without really running a bid? Our parallel bids weren't even accurate because everyone didn't participate.....You never now exactly how it will come out until you use it for real...

The fact that smartpref will take trips away from senior bidders and give them to junior bidders is a non starter over here plain and simple.....Sorry you don't like that but I really don't care...

You still haven't answered the questions about your derelict MEC. Like I said, I already know hou YOU feel.

Care to elaborate? Who is using it now? How large is the pilot & FA group? What big developments have been made to the software recently?

XJT is their customer. It has been customized in work rules and interface. But I guess your MEC hasn't told you that, right? What have they told you about smartpref? Anithing?

What a whiner. He is blaming the potential customer for his failure to sell his own product....In a written letter no less. Let's see how long that works out for him.

What a whiner. He is blaming the potential customer for his failure to sell his own product....In a written letter no less. Let's see how long that works out for him.

You guys are all focused on the writer and missing the bigger issue.

No, we have seen the bigger issue for the last two years, with smart pref, and we're now bored with it. So now it's time to re-entertain ourselves with the poor business conduct displayed by a whiny salesperson that couldn't close the deal with a terrible product. We're not interested in the turd they buffed. We weren't two years ago when researching PBS systems, and we aren't now.

XJT is their customer. It has been customized in work rules and interface. But I guess your MEC hasn't told you that, right? What have they told you about smartpref? Anithing?

I'm well aware that XJT is a customer, but they aren't a REAL customer. It isn't being used for the initial bid for thousands of pilots. It is being used for relief lines for hundreds. That simply doesn't count as a representative sample of how the system would work large scale. XJT's small scale sort-the-scraps version hasn't been running real life bids long enough to make any meaningful evaluations.

My MEC told me all of this. They also told me about serious problems with the award algorithms, Crewing Solutions small support infrastructures, user interface issues, and the flawed promise if "live bidding". I will admit that they told me this because I asked and not in any all-pilot communications.

We aren't missing the big picture. We don't want Smartpref and this letter is really not helping your pathetic cause. Why did you post this and then pull it down on the other boards?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back