Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In the end it won't matter. You'll pick your version of PBS for the ERJ, and we will have what we like for the CRJ. In a year, there will be a better foundation for comparison. However, I suspect that the ERJ folks will complain and whine that it sux, and instead of blaming it on crap software, will blame it on PBS as a whole.

The reason the legacy XJet guys don't like our bidding system is because it was on property at ASA...........you guys don't give us credit for $hit, and we're inferior in all aspects, in your eyes. Gimme' a break.......

Gotta agree with Jumpers.....XJT wanted no part of PBS, but their MEC was made to know that they were not getting a contract without it.....so they say 'fine, we're not taking your pbs, though'. It's like, we can't have our way - so you can't have yours. Nevermind that all the XJT guys were so against pbs because of what they heard from the CAL guys, who use a globalized system. So, what are they backing? A globalized system??? Makes no sense. Now they are backing this unproven system to be petty over a system used and liked on this side.....Maybe they can use smartpref on their side and we can compare notes at the next section 6 in a few years.

Gotta agree with Jumpers.....XJT wanted no part of PBS, but their MEC was made to know that they were not getting a contract without it.....so they say 'fine, we're not taking your pbs, though'. It's like, we can't have our way - so you can't have yours. Nevermind that all the XJT guys were so against pbs because of what they heard from the CAL guys, who use a globalized system. So, what are they backing? A globalized system??? Makes no sense. Now they are backing this unproven system to be petty over a system used and liked on this side.....Maybe they can use smartpref on their side and we can compare notes at the next section 6 in a few years.

Most ERJ pilots are AGAINST PBS! But at least the ERJ MEC is open minded enough to look into PBS. They moved from their original position on keeping line bidding. But the crj MEC on the other hand is opposed to even looking at anything else. Who is being unreasonable? Has it occurred to you that maybe the ERJ MEC researched all PBS platforms and came to the conclusion that smartpref is the one platform that can at least retain our QOL, especially considering that they have published the research and taken the risky political stance of even being open to PBS. They have said why each system wouldn't work, including flightline. What has your MEC published? NOTHING! This has nothing to do with petty arguments like, just because you have it we don't want it or our contract is way better than yours so just get on board. In reality, it sounds more like something your MEC would do since they don't seem to want to take their fingers out of their ears and just listen at a differing idea.

Last edited:
. Who is being unreasonable?

You and your MEC!

In fact, I think the push for smartpref is a way to convince us to just take your line bidding. Lesser of 2 evils.

I think our MEC has heard the message loud and clear from their membership......No to smartpref.

And you never answered my question from before......how does a bidding system improve anyones QOL??? It just builds you a schedule. Give me the difference in QOL from flightline and smartpref!

For crying out loud already, Nevets, please get a hobby. One that doesn't involve repeatedly badgering ASA pilots over nonsense.

We have a working PBS that we like. There is no reason for us to change.

Please repeat the above statement until it makes sense to you.

Thanks.

Most ERJ pilots are AGAINST PBS! But at least the ERJ MEC is open minded enough to look into PBS. They moved from their original position on keeping line bidding. But the crj MEC on the other hand is opposed to even looking at anything else. Who is being unreasonable? Has it occurred to you that maybe the ERJ MEC researched all PBS platforms and came to the conclusion that smartpref is the one platform that can at least retain our QOL, especially considering that they have published the research and taken the risky political stance of even being open to PBS. They have said why each system wouldn't work, including flightline. What has your MEC published? NOTHING! This has nothing to do with petty arguments like, just because you have it we don't want it or our contract is way better than yours so just get on board. In reality, it sounds more like something your MEC would do since they don't seem to want to take their fingers out of their ears and just listen at a differing idea.

Talk about not taking your fingers out of your ears. Tell you what brother, how do you fly with them permanently affixed to your external auditory canals? How do you get your headset on? So many of us have provided you with a litany of reasons why this Smartpref does not bear consideration, yet it's like presenting a case to a bar stool. You apparently aren't capable of getting it. Allow me to once again, as succinctly as possible, summarize.

Our MEC is not considering an alternative PBS system because:

1) You NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER change bidding systems during section 6 negotiations. EVER. This is an extremely basic concept. Anyone who cannot grasp is not qualified to be a part of this conversation.

2) ASA already has a proven, tested and effective bidding system. Therefore there is no imperative to waste time considering an alternative, particularly a completely untested product. Or to muddy the waters by presenting such a product to the pilot group. Is this difficult to grasp?

3)The ASA MEC has practical experience with line bidding as well as PBS. They realize the XJT MEC does not. The ASA MEC is sophisticated enough to understand that this issue limits the perspective of the XJT MEC.

4) The ASA MEC completely grasps that it is not the bidding system which is primarily responsible for our quality of life. This comes from WORK RULES. Allow me to restate: QOL is a product of WORK RULES. Again, now listen very carefully sir. It's the WORK RULES dammit, NOT THE BIDDING SYSTEM!!!

5) The ASA MEC fully understand that this constant bickering over bidding systems is a distraction from focus on improving work rules and so is playing right into company's hands. They also realize that company is not willing to consider a return to line bidding. This is why my friend, they choose to downplay this superfluous issue.

Mr. NEVETS, my good friend, If we spent half as much time debating work rule improvements rather than bidding systems then we could really look forward to an improved QOL. However, I believe if we continue to focus on bidding systems, which are a dramatically smaller component of the QOL equation, then we can anticipate an actual retrenchment of QOL. And then we will be stuck with it until the next Section 6 negotiations. Is this what you desire sir?

Talk about not taking your fingers out of your ears. Tell you what brother, how do you fly with them permanently affixed to your external auditory canals? How do you get your headset on? So many of us have provided you with a litany of reasons why this Smartpref does not bear consideration, yet it's like presenting a case to a bar stool. You apparently aren't capable of getting it. Allow me to once again, as succinctly as possible, summarize.

Our MEC is not considering an alternative PBS system because:

1) You NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER change bidding systems during section 6 negotiations. EVER. This is an extremely basic concept. Anyone who cannot grasp is not qualified to be a part of this conversation.

2) ASA already has a proven, tested and effective bidding system. Therefore there is no imperative to waste time considering an alternative, particularly a completely untested product. Or to muddy the waters by presenting such a product to the pilot group. Is this difficult to grasp?

3)The ASA MEC has practical experience with line bidding as well as PBS. They realize the XJT MEC does not. The ASA MEC is sophisticated enough to understand that this issue limits the perspective of the XJT MEC.

4) The ASA MEC completely grasps that it is not the bidding system which is primarily responsible for our quality of life. This comes from WORK RULES. Allow me to restate: QOL is a product of WORK RULES. Again, now listen very carefully sir. It's the WORK RULES dammit, NOT THE BIDDING SYSTEM!!!

5) The ASA MEC fully understand that this constant bickering over bidding systems is a distraction from focus on improving work rules and so is playing right into company's hands. They also realize that company is not willing to consider a return to line bidding. This is why my friend, they choose to downplay this superfluous issue.

Mr. NEVETS, my good friend, If we spent half as much time debating work rule improvements rather than bidding systems then we could really look forward to an improved QOL. However, I believe if we continue to focus on bidding systems, which are a dramatically smaller component of the QOL equation, then we can anticipate an actual retrenchment of QOL. And then we will be stuck with it until the next Section 6 negotiations. Is this what you desire sir?

Listen carefully, I'm saying this again for the 9th time. My only point is this: why hasn't your MEC put out ANY communications about this? If all that you and others like merchant and speedtape is true, then why havent they said it themselves in writing for everyone to read? I know your opinion and everyone else's worthless opinion on the subject, including mine. But what is the opinion of the CRJ MEC? You should be asking yourself why they don't make their opinion known? ESPECIALLY if it agrees with 99% of their pilots like supposedly people on this thread have said? Just a simple question to ask yourselves, why?

Listen carefully, I'm saying this again for the 9th time. My only point is this: why hasn't your MEC put out ANY communications about this? If all that you and others like merchant and speedtape is true, then why havent they said it themselves in writing for everyone to read? I know your opinion and everyone else's worthless opinion on the subject, including mine. But what is the opinion of the CRJ MEC? You should be asking yourself why they don't make their opinion known? ESPECIALLY if it agrees with 99% of their pilots like supposedly people on this thread have said? Just a simple question to ask yourselves, why?

LISTEN....We CRJ guys like PREFBID. We are very happy with it compared to line bid. We have driven the car....we own it.....you didn't like the idea of prefbid...we heard....it is coming anyway....you know....so you don't like anything we have. One day when you can get off your butt, go to your VCR and stop it from flashing 12:00 you may get it.. Until then shut up!

Mr. NEVergETS it, When you are ready to begin discussion of what we need to focus on to make the most of our JCBA going forward, i.e. work rules improvements, then I will be ready. However, until that time I have not one more word to say to you.

Latest resources

Back