Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I find that type of attitude a sad premonition for the future of your merger with XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's nothing to lose. ASA is the incredible shrinking airline, XJT is not. You are stuck with DL cutting this and cutting that, and our MEC has flat out said we will not use your PBS. So keep it separate, your seniority will drop, thus giving you a worse and worse schedule with your amazing PBS, and life will be normal here.

Good luck dip********************.

Ahhhh. Toughguyknowitallpilottype. English needs compound nouns like German has. Is this flamebait or are you really that ignorant?? Regardless -- good luck with that.....

There is no longer an ASA or XJT. There is only ExpressJet(EV). Yes, the CRJ side has suffered a setback with DL. Yes, the ERJ side is hiring/upgrading at the moment. However you are foolish if you think those circumstances can't change at any time. Keeping the pilot groups separate is a terrible idea for obvious reasons. The whipsaw potential with SkyWest is bad enough. We don't need to voluntarily make the situation worse.

∆∆∆∆
This.

First, the CRJ MEC and pilots have the perspective to realize that this is not the time to even consider employing an entirely new bidding system. We have been granted a golden opportunity to tweak the current system. That scenario will not be available following this contract's implementation. Therefore it would be foolhardy to even entertain a brand new untested PBS system under these circumstances. With that in mind, all this discussion regarding Pref Bid is just blah, blah blah.

Secondly, let's remember as others have mentioned, that the chief difficulties we face are the poor line and pairing construction. The PBS system we have is quite desirable but the latitude company has to manipulate the TLVs and credit windows are the main cause of our issues. Again, this is not the fault of our PBS bidding system. It will always be garbage in, garbage out regardless of the bidding system utilized. More control of the pairing construction is imperative.

Lastly, can't understand what logic would cause us to consider keeping ASA and XJT separate as a good idea. As much as we realize how one list including SKW would be the most desirable outcome, let's remain focused on the first step of combining ASA & XJT.

Give that fag a tissue. Poor baby didn't get to sell his product to an unwilling party, and they didn't say thank you. Who cares. Life sucks. Go have a five dollar footlong and get over it...

I literally cried laughing at this. I can barely type.

I don't care what the issue is, this is comic genius. Well played.

First, the CRJ MEC and pilots have the perspective to realize that this is not the time to even consider employing an entirely new bidding system. We have been granted a golden opportunity to tweak the current system. That scenario will not be available following this contract's implementation. Therefore it would be foolhardy to even entertain a brand new untested PBS system under these circumstances. With that in mind, all this discussion regarding Pref Bid is just blah, blah blah.

To play devils advocate:

"First, the ERJ MEC and plots have the perspective to realize this is not the time to even consider employing an entirely new bidding system. We have been granted a golden opportunity to tweak the current (line bidding) system. That scenario will not be available following this contract's implementation. Therefore it would be foolhardy to even entertain any PBS system under these circumstances. With that in mind, all this discussion regarding Pref Bid (or any other form of PBS) is just blah, blah blah."

So, you guys don't want our line bidding for whatever reason, and LXJT has done extensive research and testing and proven that your version of PBS is a severe decrease in our QOL.
So, what then do you propose? Are you seriously telling all 2800 of us to get bent and take a hit in QOL? If so, then F U! If not, then realize that we are at least TRYING to find a viable alternative. Because we've obviously reached a point where we have said no to your PBS and you have said no to line bidding. So, I'll ask again, what would YOU propose to get this section passed and get to a kick arse overall contract?

To play devils advocate:

"First, the ERJ MEC and plots have the perspective to realize this is not the time to even consider employing an entirely new bidding system. We have been granted a golden opportunity to tweak the current (line bidding) system. That scenario will not be available following this contract's implementation. Therefore it would be foolhardy to even entertain any PBS system under these circumstances. With that in mind, all this discussion regarding Pref Bid (or any other form of PBS) is just blah, blah blah."

So, you guys don't want our line bidding for whatever reason, and LXJT has done extensive research and testing and proven that your version of PBS is a severe decrease in our QOL.
So, what then do you propose? Are you seriously telling all 2800 of us to get bent and take a hit in QOL? If so, then F U! If not, then realize that we are at least TRYING to find a viable alternative. Because we've obviously reached a point where we have said no to your PBS and you have said no to line bidding. So, I'll ask again, what would YOU propose to get this section passed and get to a kick arse overall contract?

And this is the problem. A true professional at it's best. Does he work for Smart Pref also?

Playing the victim just like me, Obama. It's doesn't work.

And this is the problem. A true professional at it's best. Does he work for Smart Pref also?

Playing the victim just like me, Obama. It's doesn't work.

So you advocate screwing me, my family and all of my co-workers over in QOL by trying to force your PBS on us and all of a sudden I work for Smart Pref? No, in fact I'd really like to keep our line bidding system, but I realize that's most likely not a possibility.
Just like your side should come to the conclusion that your system is not a possibility for the combined group and try to figure out a compromise like our side is at least attempting to do.

Last edited:
To play devils advocate:

The type of software that ASA uses is the CLOSEST thing to line bidding out there is the PBS world. NavTech comes in a close second. What is being seen as the problem here is your line divisor. With it, the senior guys get their 75 hour line and everybody gets jammed. To keep this idea alive, the XJT guys need a system like SmartPref that will keep the ultra senior safe but slap whatever it needs to on the junior pilot.

Like your vacation and you're junior? Too bad. Goal posted. Want a specific pairing and you're junior? The system will award it where it needs it even if it is to a junior pilot to complete the solution. Take EWR for example... Over HALF your line holders will globally constrained. The SmartPref guys say so on their website. Just because you can get a "prelim" look doesn't mean a darned thing. Bid what you want!

On top of that, negotiating a new PBS vendor in an accelerated Section 6 is fool hardy. Don't these MEC guys understand that once the MEC's are merged, they have a go at this again?

The type of software that ASA uses is the CLOSEST thing to line bidding out there is the PBS world. NavTech comes in a close second. What is being seen as the problem here is your line divisor. With it, the senior guys get their 75 hour line and everybody gets jammed. To keep this idea alive, the XJT guys need a system like SmartPref that will keep the ultra senior safe but slap whatever it needs to on the junior pilot.

Like your vacation and you're junior? Too bad. Goal posted. Want a specific pairing and you're junior? The system will award it where it needs it even if it is to a junior pilot to complete the solution. Take EWR for example... Over HALF your line holders will globally constrained. The SmartPref guys say so on their website. Just because you can get a "prelim" look doesn't mean a darned thing. Bid what you want!

On top of that, negotiating a new PBS vendor in an accelerated Section 6 is fool hardy. Don't these MEC guys understand that once the MEC's are merged, they have a go at this again?

EXACTLY!! You see, the problems you list are only created if we go to your system. Our line bidding resolves many of those issues. Therefore, your PBS has been proven to be a huge step back for us, and they have at least tried to propose a middle ground. Smart pref may or may not be the answer, but when we get a detailed report from our MEC saying "x" system vs line bidding we lose this and gain this... "y" system we lose this and gain this..."z" system we lose this and gain this, and because of our research have determined that "y" has the capability of most closely match the QOL that our line bidding system has, I tend to trust them. Then we come on these boards and read "screw you guys and your QOL, we want ours!!!". Its a bit off putting, and I'm sure you feel the same when our guys say screw your system and QOL we want line bidding (we can argue that our system is a great improvement for you, but that's not the point I'm trying to make.). So at least our side has attempted to meet somewhere in the middle...ie we'll go PBS as long as "x,y,x" aspects of our line bidding are maintained. So far, the impression we've seen on these boards is fingers in ears, and a middle finger to boot.

ASA PBS no good??

All i know is that #130 out of 409 has vacation the last 4 days of June and the first 3 of July. He has two 4day trips at the beginning of June and two 4day trips at the end of July. That leaves 5 WEEKS OFF in between for 1 week of vacation. Let's see SmartPref do that.

All i know is that #130 out of 409 has vacation the last 4 days of June and the first 3 of July. He has two 4day trips at the beginning of June and two 4day trips at the end of July. That leaves 5 WEEKS OFF in between for 1 week of vacation. Let's see SmartPref do that.

And our line bidding can do that as well, so I'll ask again, what do you propse as the compromise since the research has proven your system to be a major loss for us. Not EVERYTHING about a bidding system revolves around vacation, though it is a huge factor.

Latest resources

Back