• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are right, the prospect of being hired somewhere else is completely nil and anyone who gets rejected from USAir now should slit their wrists immediately rather than wait until the end of 2013 when they will see that you were right. There is no hope of being hired anywhere else. All together now, lets poor some more pessimism on their bad news. :D

Or maybe just maybe after five years of no retirements, something different will happen in the HR departments. :)[/

You said everyone and their brother will be hiring this next year. Never mentioned slitting wrist, that was a childish comment. I'm simply saying your post is pure speculative. None of those airlines have announced hiring and I'm gonna venture to say most wont(speculative) ;)
Yeah, the glass is definitely half empty. Maybe 3/4 empty. :)

Got the letter too but maybe they are dumping the system prepping for the merger with AA. Now that the APA has passed the TA rumors are rampant about a possible Jan announcement.

Got the letter too but maybe they are dumping the system prepping for the merger with AA. Now that the APA has passed the TA rumors are rampant about a possible Jan announcement.

Even before this it was impossible to figure out who they call and who they don't. There are so many rumors about what the selection criteria are to get a call, who knows what's up with it. It seems stupid to have an outside company do this kind of stuff(or is that a rumor too?) I have friends who were vastly more qualified but rejected and had classmates vastly less qualified than me sitting next to me in indoc. What gives? Seems like it's dumb luck and disregards a lot of peoples' hard work.

I did not get the email as of yet. Applied 8/27, view directions, etc. Still have the ''Under Review". I know of at least one other person I spoke with that applied around that same time whom has not received the email as of today at 8:30am.

I can't believe Mad Dog got the email. Unless you have dings in your past, those are some strong stats for a legacy new hire.

Who knows what is going on- could be several things. A friend of mine got this letter, and then a phone call a few days later, asking him to please re-apply. As soon as he did, he then got another call for an interview, then hired. That was this summer. I figure something is going on, and the music hasn't stopped yet, for the applicants. I've thought about a possible merger announcement being the cause, but the integration of the seniority lists, and approval of the DOJ, is likely to take a while. In short, I think they would need pilots to cover retirements that fences, integration, and the merger process just wouldn't be fast enough to handle. I'm also wondering if they aren't closing the E-190 PHL job, in order to post a generic "Flight Ops Pilot Opening". Something is askew, just not sure what. Either way, I'm sure there will be enough people asking the CP's today, to spark a phone call or two to HR. Something will come to light. I've got a friend that is going to talk to some people today about it- I'll pass along what I know.

The actual selection of applicants is truly done by a 3rd party recruiter. This is due to USAirways getting sued several years back for descriminatory hiring practices. The pilots sued, won cash, then opened up the Burger King in the CLT Atrium. That's why I don't eat there.............

Who knows what is going on- could be several things. A friend of mine got this letter, and then a phone call a few days later, asking him to please re-apply. As soon as he did, he then got another call for an interview, then hired. That was this summer. I figure something is going on, and the music hasn't stopped yet, for the applicants. I've thought about a possible merger announcement being the cause, but the integration of the seniority lists, and approval of the DOJ, is likely to take a while. In short, I think they would need pilots to cover retirements that fences, integration, and the merger process just wouldn't be fast enough to handle. I'm also wondering if they aren't closing the E-190 PHL job, in order to post a generic "Flight Ops Pilot Opening". Something is askew, just not sure what. Either way, I'm sure there will be enough people asking the CP's today, to spark a phone call or two to HR. Something will come to light. I've got a friend that is going to talk to some people today about it- I'll pass along what I know.

The actual selection of applicants is truly done by a 3rd party recruiter. This is due to USAirways getting sued several years back for descriminatory hiring practices. The pilots sued, won cash, then opened up the Burger King in the CLT Atrium. That's why I don't eat there.............

That explains the service of that bk.

Got mine yesterday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest resources

Back