Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Friend

MY application was in their system for over a year and i just checked my email today and sadly got the rejection letter

[SIZE=-1]Thank you for your interest in joining the Pilot - First Officer EMB190 position at our Philadelphia location. We appreciate the time you devoted to the application process and the opportunity to review your resume.

We have reviewed your background and experience and although your qualifications are impressive, we have decided to move forward with candidates that more closely match the position's requirements.

Again, thank you for your interest in the position. We invite you to explore other career opportunities for which you feel you are qualified at our career site at http://usairways.greatjob.net.

Kind regards,

Recruitment and Selection
US Airways[/SIZE]

I little sad but what can you do

MY application was in their system for over a year and i just checked my email today and sadly got the rejection letter

[SIZE=-1]Thank you for your interest in joining the Pilot - First Officer EMB190 position at our Philadelphia location. We appreciate the time you devoted to the application process and the opportunity to review your resume.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]We have reviewed your background and experience and although your qualifications are impressive, we have decided to move forward with candidates that more closely match the position's requirements.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Again, thank you for your interest in the position. We invite you to explore other career opportunities for which you feel you are qualified at our career site at http://usairways.greatjob.net.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Kind regards,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Recruitment and Selection[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]US Airways[/SIZE]

I little sad but what can you do

What do they think the other career opportunities are that "you feel you are qualified for with USAir?" Lav dumper? Why do they put that at the bottom of the letter? I would guess you wanted to be a pilot for them, nothing else, right? Sheesh....

Bye Bye---General Lee

as soon as i read this thread , i thought instantly of the 15 to 20 US guys , whose jumpseat i was able to sit on told me, "you don't want to work here" ...i am sure you can find a satisying job elsewhere in the industry as a pilot.

Just like when a woman rejects a guy, she just did him a favor. A company that rejects you is probably doing you a favor as well. Hope you have better luck.

I was a FO on the jungle jet for a 121 carrier and had over 1000 SIC time on it. I don't know what they are looking for. I have a 4 year degree, 121 experience, jet time.

General Lee exactly what other position would i want to apply for. I guess things happen for a reason and perhaps it is better for me. I try to stay positive

I was a FO on the jungle jet for a 121 carrier and had over 1000 SIC time on it. I don't know what they are looking for. I have a 4 year degree, 121 experience, jet time.

General Lee exactly what other position would i want to apply for. I guess things happen for a reason and perhaps it is better for me. I try to stay positive

That is what I am saying. I thought their letter was worded poorly, since you OBVIOUSLY didn't want another type of position. That was my point.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hang in there guys... I just got the same letter, so did another buddy of mine at my regional. Thought we both were competitive (6K+ TT, 3500-4000 TPIC, multiple types, LCA experience, etc.). Don't know what they're looking for...

Keep your head up!

Don't feel bad guys, I applied a year ago and got the thanks but no thanks letter as well. Then in May I got an e-mail telling me to update my stuff and got an interview offer a month later. So you might get an invitation anyway.

Also you can probably just re-apply again, all the apps are selected and rejected by a computer.

Latest resources

Back