• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Am I reading the APC payscales for USAIR correctly???

Being denied from them may be a good thing as it will eventually persuade you to attempt another legacy once hiring begins.

I've know several long time USAIR guys, their history of furloughs, morale, and company culture isn't the best in the biz over the past 20+ years... I've also ridden on them as a paying passenger many many times... Customer service is not their strong point.

I wouldn't feel overly bad about not going there IMO.

Am I reading the APC payscales for USAIR correctly???

Being denied from them may be a good thing as it will eventually persuade you to attempt another legacy once hiring begins.

I've know several long time USAIR guys, their history of furloughs, morale, and company culture isn't the best in the biz over the past 20+ years... I've also ridden on them as a paying passenger many many times... Customer service is not their strong point.

I wouldn't feel overly bad about not going there IMO.

The pay scale is probably about to change via the MOU out of Dallas, but there is no telling what scope erosion will be hiding in the fine print.

At any rate, getting a reject letter is a bummer even if the girl isn't a 10. Thankfully everyone and there brother will have to be hiring in 2013.

heard a rumor of some of the criteria they set for first round of resume scanning....Seems it's done by ex ALPA honcho, and some VP. Anyways, some of the criteria they put in there was just stupid, and neither says they were the ones that set it at whatever thresh hold. Seems one of them was to have gone through an initial in the past 12 months. errrrrrrr that would only be NEW capts or NEW f/o's not sure why they would set that criteria......anyways...just word around the school yard...

This information is simply incorrect. I was hired, along with 2 others I know, who did not meet this requirement

The pay scale is probably about to change via the MOU out of Dallas, but there is no telling what scope erosion will be hiding in the fine print.

At any rate, getting a reject letter is a bummer even if the girl isn't a 10. Thankfully everyone and there brother will have to be hiring in 2013.

Also untrue. Show me documentation by pilot recruitment teams of Delta, United, American, FedEx, UPS, Southwest, etc. that they will be hiring in 2013?

I'll save you the trouble, you can't. It's pure speculation right now.

Last edited:
Got the rejection also. Had 3 internal letters of recommendation, including one from a check airman. Current times are 6k total, 2k 121 PIC, and have 2 types.

Oh, and to the ****************************** bag that thinks there's special treatment for USAPA family- my father is a 757/767 driver and it didn't help.

Sorry you didn't make the cut, with your quals it makes no sense to me why you didn't. As far as the usapa crack goes, if you'd walked in west shoes, you'd understand where that mostly facetious comment came from.

This information is simply incorrect. I was hired, along with 2 others I know, who did not meet this requirement

Yes and they had found this criteria in the search process, and turned it back off, I.E. at some point alot of apps got rejected, etc....who knows....... Just shows what the competency of this place has gone to from what it was....at one time...

Take it as a sign from a higher power to live a happier life and not be sucked into the hell of USAirways that is controlled by angry old men in CLT that only live in the past....

Also untrue. Show me documentation by pilot recruitment teams of Delta, United, American, FedEx, UPS, Southwest, etc. that they will be hiring in 2013?

I'll save you the trouble, you can't. It's pure speculation right now.

You are right, the prospect of being hired somewhere else is completely nil and anyone who gets rejected from USAir now should slit their wrists immediately rather than wait until the end of 2013 when they will see that you were right. There is no hope of being hired anywhere else. All together now, lets poor some more pessimism on their bad news. :D

Or maybe just maybe after five years of no retirements, something different will happen in the HR departments. :)

You are right, the prospect of being hired somewhere else is completely nil and anyone who gets rejected from USAir now should slit their wrists immediately rather than wait until the end of 2013 when they will see that you were right. There is no hope of being hired anywhere else. All together now, lets poor some more pessimism on their bad news. :D

Or maybe just maybe after five years of no retirements, something different will happen in the HR departments. :)[/

You said everyone and their brother will be hiring this next year. Never mentioned slitting wrist, that was a childish comment. I'm simply saying your post is pure speculative. None of those airlines have announced hiring and I'm gonna venture to say most wont(speculative) ;)

Just got the Not Selected - Please review other openings email from US Airways. My qualifications 6,500 Total Time, 1500 Turbine PIC 121, Typed on the A320 and A330, 4 year degree, A320 Simulator Instructor, 5 Internal letters of rec. Applied 08/27/2012 had the View Directions Link. Best of luck to those who are under review, if there are any left.

Latest resources

Back