• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Got the Rejection Letter from Usairways

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Third times a charm, just got my third rejection leter, 4700, 1600 tpic, 2 internal recs. Im done with the airlines. good luck to you guys.

While understanding your frustration, (Believe me I have been there and continue to be there.) your total time is not that much to be this jaded with it all yet. If you want to quit, go for it, just realize that you are giving up just prior to what possibly could be the largest buyers market for pilots any of us have ever seen in our lifetimes. Good luck to you in whatever way you choose to go with this.

Wow, 10K total after being on the street for what...six or seven years while AWA and AAA merged...must be nice to get a job after sitting on the sidelines for so long...

Hey Buddie ! It was a 5 and a half year one and yep Carl one of the benies of being a union member is that you keep your DOH seniority number and the crap heads that mismanaged the company in the first place have to offer you your, not a job, but "your" job back before they hire off the street. Seriously you didn't know this?

Hey Buddie ! It was a 5 and a half year one and yep Carl one of the benies of being a union member is that you keep your DOH seniority number and the crap heads that mismanaged the company in the first place have to offer you your, not a job, but "your" job back before they hire off the street. Seriously you didn't know this?

:laugh:

Easy on the youngens there charlie for they know not of what they speak...
:smash:

I got the rejection letter as well. 2400 tt. Including 2179 Be 1900 SIC.

M

They do have some weird stuff in the filter.

One of them is a 400hr minimum for the last calendar year, unless you're a management pilot.

So, if you were on disability or a check airman who did not break 400 hours in the last year, you got the letter.

USAir is probably a better job than you have but it is a poorly managed operation and all things being equal right now I would be at Delta if you could magically take your seniority with you on a one time bet. YMMV.

Last edited:
I got the rejection letter as well. 2400 tt. Including 2179 Be 1900 SIC.

M

Thanks for the tip, I thought that might have been you. I will make sure you keep getting those letters. BTW 2400tt is not a competitive number.

Last edited:
They do have some weird stuff in the filter.

One of them is a 400hr minimum for the last calendar year, unless you're a management pilot.

So, if you were on disability or a check airman who did not break 400 hours in the last year, you got the letter.

USAir is probably a better job than you have but it is a poorly managed operation and all things being equal right now I would be at Delta if you could magically take your seniority with you on a one time bet. YMMV.

Good thing they don't have that 400 hour/yr for current employees....I've flown 8 days in the past 4 months!

Latest resources

Back