Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Funniest Thing You've Heard on the Radio?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
landing 27L yesterday at ORD, bit of a right xwind nothing major....tower gives the guy behind us clear to land winds 360 at 11 gusting 12.....look out for that one knot gust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also yesterday capt is PNF and we are bouncing between ATL Center controllers on the way to GSP and one guy we're on with for about 20 seconds and the controller says "it has been short, but sweet contact ATL Center at xxx.xx". capt hits back without missing a beat, "that's what she said last night"...controller couldn't contain himself...

good times...

Last edited:
I don't get this?

"Was flying from PNS back to TLH.... tuned in on TLHapproach and they ask Xjet for visibility. They reply, "clear and a million"...next some other pilot chimes in, "flight info dot com"..."

CaptDave said:
I don't get this?

"Was flying from PNS back to TLH.... tuned in on TLHapproach and they ask Xjet for visibility. They reply, "clear and a million"...next some other pilot chimes in, "flight info dot com"..."
clear and a million . com is the alter ego to flightinfo.com. It's funny because they're websites, but the other pilot didn't know... funny.

Shy

I'll sell myself out on this, just cause it's funny.

SYR Dep: Airliner 4811, turn left heading 120, climb and maintain 13,000.
Me, caught picking my nose or something: Uhhh... left turn 130, climb and maintain 12,000... Airliner 4814.
SYR Dep: Airliner 4811, no. That was so wrong you didn't even get your callsign right. Left turn 120, climb and maintain 13,000.
Me, clearly flustered as my CA laughs his ass off: Oh, sorry about that, left turn 130, climb and maintain 12000, Airliner 4811.
SYR Dep: Nope, still wrong. I'll go one at a time, Airliner 4811, turn left 120.
Me, shrinking in my seat: Left 120, 4811.
SYR Dep: Good, climb to 13,000, Airliner 4811.
Me: 13,000', 4811.
SYR Dep: Perfect.

Sheesh!

Shy

ShyFlyGuy said:

Me, caught picking my nose or something: Uhhh... left turn 130, climb and maintain 12,000... Airliner 4814.
SYR Dep: Airliner 4811, no. That was so wrong you didn't even get your callsign right. Left turn 120, climb and maintain 13,000.
Me, clearly flustered as my CA laughs his ass off: Oh, sorry about that, left turn 130, climb and maintain 12000, Airliner 4811.
SYR Dep: Nope, still wrong. I'll go one at a time, Airliner 4811, turn left 120.

Sheesh!

Shy
Thank you for busting yourself out cause I thought that was hilarious. I'm sure I'll get a taste of that sooner than later.

ShyFlyGuy said:

Sheesh!

Shy

I'm pretty sure that captain who was laughing his a$$ off told me that story. I think it was the "That was so bad you didn't even get your callsign right" that really put the shine on.. ha ha No one is immune to that kind of thing, impressive though.

I was on the ground at a KPMV, a small uncontrolled field south of Omaha, Nebraska solo'ing a student for his first time. He made three decent landings I dropped me off at the ramp.

He goes around the pattern and makes one passable landing. On the second landing he comes around and bounces it... twice, with the wheels touching the pavement a grand total of three times. It wasn't pretty.

So just as this kid is trying to get his confidence back to try again some joker in the pattern comes on the radio immediate after the kid's botched landing and announces "...aaaaaaaaaaaaand he's current!"

Gotta love bug smasher humor!

Once flying near TUL early in the morning a guy in a king air checks in out of 'bout 9000'. Center guy tells him out of 15k cleared direct destination. King air reads it back verbatum. About 5 min goes by and the center guy questions him on his route, if he really wants to go direct. The king then says sure would like that. The controller without missing a beat says "then take your rocket out of your hand and fly the airplane. I gave you direct out of 15k." I almost fell out of the airplane I was laughing so hard.

Musta been getting close to shift change in IAH Tracon yesterday because the "Super Duper Hoover" guy was referring to all the Colgan flights as "Cold One 9XXX."

Captain X said:
Musta been getting close to shift change in IAH Tracon yesterday because the "Super Duper Hoover" guy was referring to all the Colgan flights as "Cold One 9XXX."

Yeah, Axe is working again finally. I haven't heard him since June. It was a nice change. I've also noticed, he's one of the few controllers that likes to keep everybody fast. Monday the conversation went something like this...

"Jetlincoln 3XXX, keep it on the barber pole, expect 26L, down to 10,000. How ya doin' dude?"

Latest resources

Back