Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Funniest Thing You've Heard on the Radio?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Climbing out of STL the other morning and a JetCorp corporate guy is looking for a SWA flight with KC Center. He finally ends up on the frequency with the SWA flight and says on the radio "Southwest do you have a Nattie working in the back. It's my girlfriend will you say hi to her for me." Southwest doesn't respond and center asks if they heard. The guy says it again and the SWA pilot sort of grunts that they have a Nattie in the back.
All of a sudden some other guy says "Yeah and tell her Hi from us too....and tell her thanks for last night" Complete silence for 2 minutes and the next time Center calls JetCorp a female voice responds...

Iad

On a peticularly crappy weather day in IAD a FEMALE ground controller was issuing taxi instructions as fast as she could and was doing a fine job I might add. However, she was being quite snippy towards aircraft, talking to them like they were 3 year olds or starting every sentence with "listen up." One departue "corridor" had just been closed due to a thunderstorm in the area, and it caused the taxi sequence to change for some aircraft already in line for takeoff. A UAL 777 was waiting in the C/D gate ramp area (spot 82) and was being quite assertive as to his whereabouts and intention to taxi. After several unaswered attempts, the controller informed him to standby and that his sequence would be behind an Independence CRJ (which was about 5 or 6 airplanes back from even crossing in front of the UAL 777) and that he needed to maintain radio silence until she was "ready to deal with him." From an unknown aircraft a loud "REeEeEeAaAaAaR" (like a cat) came over the radio. After a 5 second pregnant pause, the voice from UAL changed (obviously the captain) and he began a lengthly lecture about overseas flying, fuel, and to the fact that he should be 5 airplanes ahead of where he was at based on his first unanswered call. The controller said that he should talk to her supervisor and spatted off the tower number without breaking her sentence, and then preceeded to issue several other clearances without unkeying the mike. During the first break the UAL captain made a loose lipped threat that he would be calling and to please "mark the tape."

I couldn't concentrate after "reeeeeeaaaaarrrr," it was so fitting -

So I'm on the arrival into SAN, and another Wn jet is on the freq and I hear this exchange:

LA Center: SOUTHWEST 123 cleared direct MOMAR(intersection).

SOUTHWEST 123: Roger LA Center. Cleared direct to not Larry-Mar, not Curly-Mar, but direct Mo-Mar, Southwest 123.

Here's another:

CLE Center: Southwest 123, say flight conditions.

Southwest 123: Rougher than a stucco bathtub.

CLE Center: Dang!!! That's pretty rough!!!

cardinal,
Which freq. are you on in the denver area..
i might want to listen to some of the barnyard antics...
adios

ASA ATR taxiing out in ATL for T/O- tower asked if they wanted an intersection take-off. They say they can't.

Delta- whats the matter Acey (old callsign) you heavy this morning?

ASA - without hesitation- yeah we have your wife on board.

ON my way back from PNS to TPA.
"female voice very flustered"
Jax this is FLight express **** we've got some weather ahead of us can we get 15 to the Right
Jax, that will put you in the thick of it.
FE, how about 15 to the right
Jax,sure but that doesn't look to good either
FE, Well how about a left 360
JAX, (a little laughing) sure why not, how are those turns around a point comming along
FE, non responsive to the joke, "WELL forget it Jax can just do a 180 back home.

Seriously

we are taxin out and a 9E guy says something like "ground? Were we supposed to follow someone?"....ground says "nope, your good.".....9E says "Wow, we actually did something right for once?"......we say "your used to that?"........9E says "touche"...........you might have had to been there to hear the tones in all of our voices, but it was pretty funny to us.....

Latest resources

Back