• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 50ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is also steep approach certified which Dassaults and Gulfstream are not as I recall.

I cannot speak for Gulfstream, however, the Falcon 50 and 900 are 100% approved for steep approaches, when applicable. Both are approved for approaches to London City Airport, but not by the FAA because the FAA, for some reason, refuses to approve steep approaches for US corporate aircraft for London City, the JAA does and have.

Are any Legacys approved for operations for London City?

Falcon 900 is approved for steep approaches.

The only reason I can see is for approval to operate out of London City. But then again you have to be operating under JAR approved AFM.

Soo, the WSCofD cannot do steep approaches into London City if the crew and the aircraft are operating with a US N-number and a FAA certifed crew.

And if I have to do a highspeed RTO I will take the EMB. I don't have to monkey with a tiller or anything like that. She will track the centerline without the slightest waiver in direction and stop very fast. My TRs will actually do something even if I only have one, too, should I use them, as opposed the glorified noisemaker in the 50...

Not me, the brakes on the EMB's suck compared to the DA products. If you did an RTO in the EMB, you'd be taxing around with your TR's deployed trying to "cool your brakes" so you could eventually set your parking brake again. The DA ships never have brake overheating problems like the EMB products.

Not me, the brakes on the EMB's suck compared to the DA products. If you did an RTO in the EMB, you'd be taxing around with your TR's deployed trying to "cool your brakes" so you could eventually set your parking brake again. The DA ships never have brake overheating problems like the EMB products.

I was gonna' keep my trap shut but this is just a flat out *lie*. When I was an F/O one of my Captains (new transition from the 340)tried to trim the airplane airborne like he did in the SAAB and caused a T/O Config warning at V1. She stopped without any problems at *all* as if we had grabbed an arresting hook. Before the buckets even popped we were stopped. The brakes got into the amber and nowhere near overheat.

We pulled to the penalty box and *immediately* set the parking brake while consulting company. Brakes *never* approached overheat. You, sir, are a GD liar. Youve never RTOed in an EMB.

You are full of s---.

Falcons don't stop *anywhere* near as well as EMBs do. Steel brakes vs Carbon with brake by wire? Gimme EMB brakes (the latter) any day, jam them to floor as hard as you can and watch the airplane stop on a *dime*. The Falcon brakes chatter and do all sorts of goofy stuff if you try to stomp on them at all. Anti-skid in Falcon is crap and if you have a problem you have to flip a lever. EMB? Automatic. Smooth. Just press.

I swear I've never met a bigger bunch of....

Bah.

Last edited:
Ok first of all, the EMB Legacy is approved for steep approach into London City. Second, North carolina State sucks, at all sports.

Oh yeah, and because I know what you clowns think before you think it. You dont need an EMB type certificate to know that. Do some research. Wait, oh yeah LD, myself and rumrunr78 are the same person. :D

Wait, oh yeah LD, myself and rumrunr78 are the same person. :D

Whether or not that is the case, it's getting old coming here for info and instead watching the "three" of you acting like a bunch of 'mos, massaging each other's "egos" the entire thread

The Falcon brakes chatter and do all sorts of goofy stuff if you try to stomp on them at all. Anti-skid in Falcon is crap and if you have a problem you have to flip a lever. EMB? Automatic. Smooth. Just press.

Two words - operator error.

The Falcon brakes work well, IF you use them properly. When I flew the Legacy on a demo, yeah the brakes were fine, but they DO get hot, even on landing. To deny that would be a lie.

LD - Like I said earlier in the thread, the Legacy is an ok corporate shuttle. As a corporate aircraft to fly executives around, it's not very good. It's slow, noisy, and quite honestly, over-priced for what it does. Compare it to a G-IV on the pre-owned market. Same price, and the G-IV does MUCH more.

Latest resources

Back